0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

Just to throw a spanner in the works of all you conspiracy theorists, I found this at the south pole of Duna. Take a look at the symbol in the top left of this

UiTDB.jpg

The Angled lines and that dot (planet, crater) seem to match.

and at these ground markings near Duna's South Pole (where I believe there is a pyramid....?)

screenshot18y.png

screenshot21w.png

screenshot19f.png

If anybody wishes to say anything about this, or even validate the claim, feel free to land a ship there yourself :P

It's probably just a texture related co-incidence. Probably.

Edited by Vostok

Well when I watched the video the sounds originated from a pyramid, so I am guessing that is where I should start, perhaps grab a bunch of audio there, maybe there are more frames then just 1 or two. I have a ship on its way there as I am typing this.

And is it just me, or do I see white "speckles" in those photos of the craters?? might be worth a gander

Edited by NolanSyKinsley

They did say there's an anomoly coming from several km below the surface... there has to be a door that opens at the right trigger, and that "L" shape in the pic looks like beveled square that could represent a doorway

Of course that's assuming the orange circle with the polar caps on the level of the pyramid means that the figures are standing ON Duna and next to the one that is giving the signal.

The SSTV signal reminds me of the cluehunt Valve added into Portal. Every level had a radio that when carried to a specific spot, started emitting a similar tone. The seperate clues eventually led to a cryptic website, then finally, the announcement of Portal 2.

Has anyone else noticed that Ike is in geostationary orbit? Considering the figure in the bottom right greatly resembles Duna, and the laser is pointing to an orbital body, wouldn't that be the obvious choice? Methinks I am going to rover around on the surfaces of Ike + Duna in the spots where their respective straight ups point to each other. P:

On that water world planet I crashed on the dark side, strangely enough I found this light under the water, could this be homage to 2010:an odyssey two where the alien on Europa comes up and destroys the Chinese ship? I'm not sure why it would be on the water world, maybe it's Europa if it melted.

1zducmp.png

That might be the sun or another light source's light traveling through planets and reflecting off of the surface. I've seen similar things on Kerbin.

Has anyone made it to the deep spot in Eve's ocean yet? I bet there's something there...

I have two possibilities.

Assuming the red line is an arrow, the message is simple: put four kerbals on or near the pyramid, and the object will come down.

Alternatively: assuming the the white dots to the right of the red line are measurement indicators: there is a celestial body 7 [units] above the south pole of Duna. 700 000m, perhaps?

I'm inclined to go with the 4Kerbals solution, because it's simpler and a lot more fun. I expect someone will beat me to it, though. :)

(EDIT) And Nova blows my idea's out of the water a minute or two after I post them. :)

Edited by Quasar

I'll give you a hint: The SSTV is merely the first piece of a puzzle, and currently the only piece of it. All the other stuff that's been found, like the weirdness on the south pole, the star on Bop's north pole, the light on laythe, are just graphics bugs.

I'll give you a hint: The SSTV is merely the first piece of a puzzle, and currently the only piece of it. All the other stuff that's been found, like the weirdness on the south pole, the star on Bop's north pole, the light on laythe, are just graphics bugs.

only piece found or implemented in the game?

Edited by tsunam1

Why would Kerbin be yellow? What's at the end of the three inner planets heading in that direction? The sun. Duh. Wtf is with people being all "LOL ITS DUNA", "LOL ITS AN ORANGE", it's Kol. It's obviously, undeniably, and probably the only thing we can be sure of, the star in the system, with the three planets outside it and the fourth planet being the one we're on set aside. The pyramid is transmitting a signal to a planet that is out of frame, that part is a mystery.

Because Kerbol isn't Kerbin ya nub. Kerbol IS "Kol", but it is officially Kerbol AFAIK. And they are going "LOL IT'S DUNA LRKSAKFLASK" because if you look closely at a higher quality decoding it has white caps, indicating Duna and its massive ice caps.

No need to be so rude about it.

only piece not found or implemented in the game?

I think he means the other clues are going to show up as more planets and features are added.

Also, someone did a more detailed decode, and it looks like it shows a beveled square below, and no arrow on the red line, so if there are more clues added in future versions, it's probably pointing beyond Jool

cGE26.jpg
Edited by Nurb

i find the 2nd part of the secret SSTV file much more interesting, it shows 2 humanoids standing to either side of the pyramid.

WJ2wi.jpg

You're using your SSTV decryption program incorrectly. There isn't a 'second part', you've just malformed the transmission.