0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

I think he means the other clues are going to show up as more planets and features are added.

Also, someone did a more detailed decode, and it looks like it shows a beveled square below, and no arrow on the red line, so if there are more clues added in future versions, it's probably pointing beyond Jool

cGE26.jpg

From what I can tell, Duna was a life-filled planet, and it turned onto what we now know as Duna.

Or it could be showing us how Kearth evolved into the way we know it now (with life, water, and grass).

The X in the corner could be representing an ugly looking orbit sketch, but i'm too not sure

I have been doing some decoding if the image as well. The last one that was posted was not only decoded, but ran through an image editor. Some detail may have been lost. I am convinced that at the end of the red line there is an arrow, as well as the line going down from the mountain and to the right, it has an arrow at the end of it as well. I am also curious about the 6 yellow dots on the right of the red line.

Has anyone else noticed that Ike is in geostationary orbit?

Oh, Ike and Duna have synchronous orbits? Now THAT's cool :-) Although not surprising, given the moon's enormous diameter with respect to Duna's, and their relative proximity: Pluto and Charon share the same characteristic... actually, I it could well be that the Ike-Duna system's barycenter isn't in Duna's sphere, but somewhere between Ike and Duna.... let me check this!

Anyway, this synchronicity really speaks for some sort of link between Duna and Ike, on the SSTV image... I guess we'll have to wait till the next update, if Nova says the following pieces of the puzzles haven't been added yet.

The picture is only 1 of many clues, hmmm...

I guess the 4.. things are actually spacecrafts with special equipment(solar panels? remote control equipment?), later on in KSP, we might get stock solar panels, etc. So this may be one of the steps to unlock something later on.

I have a feeling that the magic boulder isn't actually a celestial body. It's not mentioned in the game's configuration file where the terrain settings for all the other bodies are stored. It could be an object in space somewhere, but like a model or something like the terrain scatters or the KSP, since it seems to have no defined terrain. I wonder if it has a SoI or any gravity at all?

Because I remember there was a plugin someone made that allowed a part to have its own gravity well, maybe it's something like that.

Edited by J Paul

cGE26.jpg

The planets on the far right all seem to have seas.

Top - blue - Kerbin

Middle - green - unknown/Minmus?

Bottom - purple - Eve

And then Duna below those with its unmistakeable massive ice-caps.

The planet on the right seems to have grey seas. Planet unknown.

The arrow going from under the mountain seems to point at Duna's south pole. Perhaps it is pointing to where the mountain is.

The planetoid above the main arrow seems to have dark green seas. Planet unknown.

from what i can tell, duna was a life-filled planet, and it turned onto what we now know as duna.

Or it could be showing us how kearth evolved into the way we know it now (with life, water, and grass).

The x in the corner could be representing an ugly looking orbit sketch, but i'm too not sure

the planets name is

kerbiiiiiin

garrrrrrcchhhhh nerd attack

I heard someone mention it.

But its still the wrong way up.

Perhaps it's a datum. May be telling us that that we need to invert the SSTV image... I doubt it though.

Here's a possible interpretation of the three circles on the right of the image; perhaps in descending order they depict the desertification of Duna. The topmost image is perhaps Duna's heyday, with the two below it looking progressively more bland. Hard to tell because of the image quality though.

Edited by Excalibur

Well, I think Nova has said there is an easter egg on Ike that cannot be detected by mapsat. (Correct me if i'm wrong.) Eve and Gilly also have no anomalies to detect. Does anybody know if we should look at these places for easter eggs?