0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

Considering the slightly enhanced image, and what Nova said earlier about it being a part of the puzzle, at this point, I think we can only safely assume we might know the following information.

Willing to concede the orange orb is Duna now, in light of finally seeing (not sure why I didn't see it before, the line that's pointing from the south pole of Duna to the pyramid. Which is then transmitting a signal to the green orb at the top of the image (presumably Kerbin).

I still doubt the four figures are Kerbals, but willing to say it's likely at this point. As for the dots and symbols ... Wonder if they might be some sort of encoded numbers / coordinates / etc, similar to the Voyager plaques.

*Edit* the symbol figure might also be the Phase Angle around an orbiting body to reach a particular destination.

*Edit2* Fixed general old age brain farts.

Edited by wired2thenet

(It's "plaques". "Plagues" are things like diseases.) :)

If the symbol figure is an orbital manuever, it looks more like a slingshot than an injection burn. Considering that planetoid is white/grey, which of the planets would it be, hm? Or would it even be the Mun?

Oops. I'm a writer, I should have caught that mistake. Second one in two nights I've been corrected on :)

My honest guess on it (and no real theory other than the way it looks), is that the white planetoid is Duna itself, although honestly it could even be Kerbin. That angle of the triangle, though I haven't thought to measure it yet, looks to be about a 44-degree angle to (what I'm terming for lack of a better theory) the prograde motion of the ship ... if it is Kerbin, that's about the Phase Angle needed to get to Duna (my second mistake in the above thread was I MEANT Phase Angle, not injection burns). The only thing that blows that out of the water is that horizontal line, which I couldn't even begin to inject into the theory (I'm no rocket scientist ... that's why I play KSP :D).

Ike's easter egg has to be found. We'll get a better cue of what the circle above the pyramid might represent and if ike is related to the puzzle at all. I just hope no energy is being wasted on a puzzle that isn't leading to something cool or anything at all in this update.

okay if everyone would just read over NOVA's post again, he said that there is only 1 peace in the puzzle at this moment. Not found, just in existance. next piece will come with the next patch.

He didnt specifically say that they will be coming with the next patch, he just said 'The SSTV is merely the first piece of a puzzle, and currently the only piece of it."

It certainly sounds as if the SSTV signal is the only piece of the puzzel in the game at this time, but who knows. Wonder what all this magic boulder stuff is about...

Either way, these other pyramids being found are indeed just graphical bugs which appear at the south and north poles (theyve been seen on the Mun and Kerbin as well) and are more than likely around on the other planets as well.

He didnt specifically say that they will be coming with the next patch, he just said 'The SSTV is merely the first piece of a puzzle, and currently the only piece of it."

It certainly sounds as if the SSTV signal is the only piece of the puzzel in the game at this time, but who knows. Wonder what all this magic boulder stuff is about...

Either way, these other pyramids being found are indeed just graphical bugs which appear at the south and north poles (theyve been seen on the Mun and Kerbin as well) and are more than likely around on the other planets as well.

I wouldn't dismiss them completely, even if they are graphical bugs the developers may choose to incorporate them into the mystery.

It would be really nice if people posting here would care to follow the discussion and read the previous posts, so we don't have somebody exclaiming "Hey, I just thought of an explanation nobody has thought of yet!", when actually somebody -or even several persons- has 1 or 2 pages before... :rolleyes:

I wouldn't dismiss them completely, even if they are graphical bugs the developers may choose to incorporate them into the mystery.

I would dismiss them completely! Theyre just graphical bugs, nothing more, you cant go hunting for clues in absolutely everything.

And I dont see how or why they would be incorporated into the mystery, Id see the devs spending their time on trying to 'fix' up the artifacts like these which appear on the poles of planets.

Im going to guess thats the pyramid-like structure where the signal was first found? Wouldnt mind visiting it myself.

Where the sound first originated is more of a mound, at the south pole it is a more pyramid like structure. And yes I do know that he said some things were graphical bugs, but a pyramid? that is not graphical in nature, that is a model. I would call it a bug if it were exactly at the south pole, but it is off by a little bit, and has shading around it. That and the picture has a line coming from a planet pointing at a pyramid/mound and that mound has a line pointing to the south pole, seams rather clear and free of speculation to me that the pyramid/mound at the south pole is supposed to be there. That and when he said that, no pictures or statements about it had been made, just a picture of another anomaly near by from orbit. Whether it actually leads to anything more at this time, or has anything special there other then the pyramid itself is another story entirely. He said the sound was the only clue at this time. The clue still leads to something, but there are no more clues in the game to go elsewhere after that yet.

Edited by NolanSyKinsley

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33609[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33610[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33611[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33612[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]33613[/ATTACH]

Pictures of the "pyramid" close to the south pole of Duna, and the ridges leading away from it.

Are there 4 ridges, by chance? If there are, those are the figures in the pic.

Nah, I believe the 4 figures to be kerbols, i think you will need to get 4 guys there, as that means 2 trips. But for the time being, it is nothing special.

Then again, this could all be the devs messing with us and they are laughing their butts off at us and our rabid speculations >.<

Edited by NolanSyKinsley

Hey guys, what's this?

screenshot99.png

screenshot102.png

I took them when ascenting in my spaceplane......

It is Vall taken from Laythe's atmosphere obviously.

Also people are being a bit silly.

It was stated that everything you have come up with are graphical bugs, and if that is not enough from you... coming from a dev... the pyramids on north/south poles of planets and moons happens throughout the system. There is nothing special about them.

My opinion? The "pyramid" if you want to call it that is a freaking space ship, it either came from kerbin and landed at Duna, or originated at Duna and is headed to Kerbin. And the 3 other circles represent the other planets in the system.

Edited by Exclipse

The real mystery that we're trying to solve here is that of the "magic boulder." We know that the sstv message is probably the first piece of the puzzle. The magic boulder is in the game, so why would the devs put in the solution, but not all the pieces? I'm pretty sure that the're all there, we just need to look harder.