0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

There isn't a lagrange point in this games physics engine? At least not in the conventional sense. That would be the neutral point between the gravitational spheres of influence of two celestial bodies. The second you're X distance from any planet you're suddenly in Kerbol's sphere of influence, not the neighboring planet like you would in reality.

I'm aware of that. I was checking the place where the Duna-Ike Lagrange point would be in reality, as well as the SOI border between the two bodies. Didn't think of checking the Duna-Kerbol Lagrange point (Ike was the obvious choice, since it's tidally locked with Duna).

After all, you pussies use parachutes, I use self-destruct mechanisms. They weigh less.

Yes, but they still weigh something. Why waste it on frivolity like self-destruct mechanisms when you could be attaching more boosters? They pretty much do the same thing anyway.

Edited by Quasar

I don't think i got Nova's last clue right. Did he really tell us to stop trying to solve the puzzle and wait for the next update?

As far as the SSTV picture goes yes, he said it is the first and only clue at this time for this easter egg. I just think that yes, it is the only clue, but a clue still leads somewhere, just not somewhere with another step waiting.

I don't think i got Nova's last clue right. Did he really tell us to stop trying to solve the puzzle and wait for the next update?

As said above, we just have to wait for the next clue (which will hopefully be in the next update). While there are a lot of interesting and cool theories at the moment, they're all just speculation. Until the next clue is revealed, we won't be able to really know much about even the first clue.

So for now, we should just gather Easter Eggs in preparation for that next clue. We've found quite a lot by now, but I wonder if there aren't any more waiting to be discovered ;)

Can someone take a look at this image please.

http://i.imgur.com/fcS6o.jpg

Take a look at the map in the upper right to see where I am. I've gotten out the ship, all I hear is a very faint rumbling. Have I missed something? I gather the one near the south pole is the SSTV one and I believe the one in the crater is the face.

Take a look at the map in the upper right to see where I am. I've gotten out the ship, all I hear is a very faint rumbling. Have I missed something? I gather the one near the south pole is the SSTV one and I believe the one in the crater is the face.

According to my map sat there should be something there, you tried having a look around the area?

So I got to page 25 and got tired of looking to see if anyone had found it:

I noticed a black speck on takeoff north of KSC. There's a munolith within spitting distance.

Theres more of those on Kerbin ;)

Plus more on the Mun and one around Minmus

I'm pretty sure that is the location of the mars rover camera mast, but it's really quite small. I dropped a rover into the general area, but I haven't spotted it yet. If someone could give the exact choords for it, that would be great.

I wonder whether the three 'planets' on the right-hand side of the SSTV image are not Moho, Eve and Kerbin, but perhaps Laythe, Vall and Tylo? These moons exhibit Laplace resonance don't they and I know some people believe that the image represents planetary alignment.

In reality I have no idea, this puzzle is driving me nuts, which I'm sure is exactly what Nova intended. :)

The lines in the upper left of the SSTV image indicates a certain phase angle. The rest of the image indicates a certain time. It's basically like a map. What it leads to was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Beyond that, I don't want to spoil it for everyone. I think that's enough of a hint.

cGE26.jpg

My ideas on this are:

The white circles are the four inner planets and the orange is Kol/the sun. Going down: Duna, Kerbin(far left, perhaps due to life?), Eve, Moho. OR it's the planets minus Duna, Kerbin still fits into the same slot to the left. [this also puts Kerbin where Kerbal is in the upside-down KSP logo made of white lines)

OR if Duna's not a white circle then the orange circle could be Duna.

The top blueish circle doesn't seem to be part of the Kol system, and has an arrow from it pointing down to a triangle along with a dotted white line next to the red arrow.

The triangle is slightly rounded so it could be a mountain, possible the location of an observatory and as such where this was sent from?

The triangle could also be the emitter, like our SETI, but has degraded over time and so the signal is weaker.

But the signal wasn't found on a mountain and that doesn't explain why there's an arrow pointing down to it from a semicircle, or what appears to be a black line leading down and to the right into the orange circle. If the Orange circle is Duna then it could mean something is(or will be in later updates) at the south-pole(which there is; lots of odd marks spreading out radially).

The semi-circle could be the bottom half of Ike, with the red line signifying that it orbits Duna not Kol?

Overall nothing can be tested till we get 0.18 and more clues, but till then we can at least try to decode it and make a list of plausible answers to test.

The arrow could actually be telling us to read top-down rather than looking at it as a picture.

Edited by baked_by_oven

The lines in the upper left of the SSTV image indicates a certain phase angle. The rest of the image indicates a certain time. It's basically like a map. What it leads to was mentioned earlier in this thread.

Beyond that, I don't want to spoil it for everyone. I think that's enough of a hint.

Does this mean you solved it and found where it leads to in this update?

Looks like a piece of real-life rover debris.

Has anyone found the secret on Eve? Nova said that he would put a secret on every planet, and that there would be only one monolith outside of Kerbin's SoI.

What's the bst way to find secrets? Low- altitude orbits on airless planets or dropping random debris and seeing the area where it hits?

Well, what's the most appropriate place to put a monolith? Orbiting a gas giant. Or maybe on an icy moon of a gas giant...

Jool. Vall. Someone, build me the Discovery One!

Okay, so earlier, just about...10 minutes ago, I had a satellite orbiting at a risky 3.9 km over the Muns surface, looking for some kethane, I passed over an oddly shaped, deep, abnormally dark crater some few km's above the equator, It looked to slant down one way into the pit, could it be one of these two caves mentioned above?I'll get pics soon.