0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

I just thought it through and realised that no one should be complaining and anyway, I'm on a manual search for the boulder now.

Still legal, how did you make it, I'm curious?

I used an stock part, as i am lazy, and it's just 36 line of code. as everything is as Gameobject and have it's own possision in scene. Just connecting two dots with a line and measuring distance.

public class boulderFinder : Part

{

private double dis;

private Vector3 Boulder;

private Vector3 mine;

private LineRenderer line = null;

protected override void onPartStart()

{

GameObject obj = new GameObject("Line");

line = obj.AddComponent<linerenderer>();

line.SetColors(Color.red, Color.red);

line.transform.parent = null;

line.useWorldSpace = false;

line.material = new Material(Shader.Find("Particles/Additive"));

line.SetColors(Color.blue, Color.blue);

line.SetWidth(1, 1);

line.SetVertexCount(5);

}

protected override void onPartUpdate()

{

Boulder = GameObject.Find("Magic Boulder").transform.position;

mine = FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.transform.position;

line.SetPosition(0, mine);

line.SetPosition(1, Boulder);

dis = Vector3.Distance(Boulder,mine);

print (dis);

}

}

</linerenderer>

I used an stock part, as i am lazy, and it's just 36 line of code. as everything is as Gameobject and have it's own possision in scene. Just connecting two dots with a line and measuring distance.

public class boulderFinder : Part

{

private double dis;

private Vector3 Boulder;

private Vector3 mine;

private LineRenderer line = null;

protected override void onPartStart()

{

GameObject obj = new GameObject("Line");

line = obj.AddComponent<linerenderer>();

line.SetColors(Color.red, Color.red);

line.transform.parent = null;

line.useWorldSpace = false;

line.material = new Material(Shader.Find("Particles/Additive"));

line.SetColors(Color.blue, Color.blue);

line.SetWidth(1, 1);

line.SetVertexCount(5);

}

protected override void onPartUpdate()

{

Boulder = GameObject.Find("Magic Boulder").transform.position;

mine = FlightGlobals.ActiveVessel.transform.position;

line.SetPosition(0, mine);

line.SetPosition(1, Boulder);

dis = Vector3.Distance(Boulder,mine);

print (dis);

}

}

</linerenderer>

Interesting and sadly my manual search isn't going too well at the moment. I'm interested in now you inputted that into the game though as wouldn't that mean scanning through one of the lever files or I am missing something here?

Agreed with Nutt007. Why are you reacting to this but not pictures of other things like the kraken or the stonehenge? It's not the end of the world if you saw a screenshot of an easter egg.

Because people actually found those without cheating.

Yes. Using MapSat isn't cheating. *rolls eyes*

I don't think it is. It still takes some work and time to do the scanning, and is more realistic.

Posting pictures of cool stuff that you found is one thing, especially when you are the first to find it. It is possible to do so without revealing too much.

Reverse engineering by disassembling game level files and hacking them with a hex editor is considered cheating in most games, especially when you go and boast about it by posting locations in forums. I'm pretty sure that's not how Nova intended us to find the artifacts. I find it disrespectful to the developers and spoiling the fun for the community.

Edited by Nibb31

Hey people, remember, this thread is about the easter eggs, not what can be considered cheating or not :wink:

Also, everyone, try to spoiler your pictures, and add an explanatory title, so we don't accidentally see something we don't want to.

I'm just upset that it's not "woah look what I found, wasn't expecting that", and instead became just "mapsat/<insert plugin="" here=""> says there's something here, I better go check it out"...

It ruins the mystique that finding the easter eggs was supposed to bring, really.</insert>

Is it possible to make easter eggs undetectable? I mean i discovered the kraken and it gave me the fright of my life i landed beside it and thought it was a rock and i turned around and i just saw a giant eye thats what easter eggs should be like

so the ''aliens''are trying to destory kerbin.this is my theory about the image.i think the aliens are the creator of kerbals and then the kerbals rebel against them.so they send this ''magic boundler'' to kerbin to destory the kerbal.

Very resourceful of you, Legal2K.

As Cykyrios has said, this thread is for the discussion of Easter Eggs; finding them, creating tools to find them, deciphering them, etcetera. Don't bash those who create a tool to figure it out for them, that's the glory of programming! :)

Why? You implemented an easter egg and you are upset people found it? Shouldn't you hate this entire thread?

If I had created a puzzle for people to figure out, I would be a little disappointed when people figure it all out. Additionally, I bet NovaSilisko is also slightly frustrated at the use of tools to find them.

I'm just upset that it's not "woah look what I found, wasn't expecting that", and instead became just "mapsat/<insert plugin="" here=""> says there's something here, I better go check it out"...

It ruins the mystique that finding the easter eggs was supposed to bring, really.</insert>

Sorry Nova, but it's just no easy to find... trust me, speaking man who eyeballed mun for munoliiths, for five weeks...

I don't think it is. It still takes some work and time to do the scanning, and is more realistic.

All he did was make a line that points to it, you would still have to get to Ike, fix your orbit and all that.

And anyways, all we know is that it is somewhere above Ike, the screenshot barely showed anything.

Edited by ddavis425

The only easter eggs I have seen is Carl Sagan's face on Tylo and the Mun arches because they're friggin' huge. :P

The only easter egg I've seen for this update myself is the Neil Armstrong memorial. At least that is what I think it is... it was a little white pixel inside a big crater.

I don't care how people found the magic boulder.

I'm very happy that Legal2k shared his findings and his code (I won't use it but still).

Let's go to the boulder... well... at least when I finally learnt myself how to do interplanetary flights. :P

I feel sorry for Nova, but I still think that even with these tools it's a great gift to the community.

Nova thank you for making all these easter eggs! :D