0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

Why take this mapsat issue on with the creator when its the users of the mod spoiling all of it for you. Yes the creator made the mod but he probley didnt have the intend of it doing this. Your ruining it for yourselfs by viewing this thread when it warns you of spoilers gosh.....

As well as if you only used mapsat to find Easter eggs. What Easter egg means 'its a surprise'.

Edited by Grand Lander

I think I found the Boulder. Was trying to land on Ike and - all of a sudden - crash. A flying rock. I was like WTF?

Similar thing happened to me yesterday, Was hovering above Ike (Ship with ridiculous amount of fuel & Mechjeb) Altitude a little over 9km?

With the intent of trying to spot the boulder.

Instead, while I was admiring how cool Duna looked with the sun in the background,

BOOM.

Crash into something. 3 kerbals dead. Space Debris everywhere.

Which leaves the question, how fast does this thing Move?

So this Magic Boulder phenomenon does not obey the laws of physics? Do you think it is malevolent, as it seems a number of people have crashed right into it, and that seems highly unlikely unless it purposefully tried to wreck them.

Why take this mapsat issue on with the creator when its the users of the mod spoiling all of it for you. Yes the creator made the mod but he probley didnt have the intend of it doing this. Your ruining it for yourselfs by viewing this thread when it warns you of spoilers gosh.....

As well as if you only used mapsat to find Easter eggs. What Easter egg means 'its a surprise'.

Oh no, someone enjoys playing the game differently from you. The MapSat data in the .17 Easter Eggs thread is spoiling all of our fun. That must be why there are so many contented, sincere posters... posting in the .17 Easter Eggs thread.

Sooooo, I quickly skimmed through this but didn't see anything on this. A little while ago, I was mapping all the bodies and when I did Duna I got three anomalies. Then for reasons beyond my understanding I deleted all my map data. (don't ask, I don't have an answer). So I'm going back and re-mapping everything (stay with me, I have a point) and when I get to Duna I end up with TWO anomalies! Now, I've verified that the two I ended up with are the pyramid with sound and the face, but I'd never verified the location of the third, by that I mean I've landed near it and EVA'd over to it. So I got to thinking and I think the first time I mapped Duna I was doing it with a 250K orbit, but this time I was doing it with a 150K orbit. Which tells me that the third anomaly is somewhere between those two. I'm thinking this might be the magic boulder? Yesno?

I don't think it has an actual orbit, I sighted it several times near kerbin, at least unless a rock in the distance moving in circles and going up and down randomly is not a possible candidate. Also, I'm positive there was no debris there, it was my first craft in space on the save.