0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

I really thought something would happen when I got a Kerbal on each tower..

screenshot202.png

In your pic, do you see how the tips of the spiky stones are all lined up? Any chance you could get one of those Kerbals to stand at the end of the line and look up along the top of the spiky points to see where a line connecting them might point to please?

Our Vallorbust main stages do the hula and then 'splode.

In your pic, do you see how the tips of the spiky stones are all lined up? Any chance you could get one of those Kerbals to stand at the end of the line and look up along the top of the spiky points to see where a line connecting them might point to please?

Our Vallorbust main stages do the hula and then 'splode.

Worth testing.. for science.. heres the closest alignments I found..

screenshot232.pngscreenshot233.png

Debatable whether Tylo and the background star were just lined up right at that time, its not a perfect straight line down either.. also the sun is close to alignment, but no cigar..

Another pic of Tylo alignment after time warping 100k for a bit, it seems to be in a rotation pattern with the sun too..

screenshot237.png

How's that for a picnic?

Beats my last one.. I just tried to go fishing..

Edited by Richy teh space man
Typed more things

Debatable whether Tylo and the background star were just lined up right at that time, its not a perfect straight line down either.. also the sun is close to alignment, but no cigar..

Another pic of Tylo alignment after time warping 100k for a bit, it seems to be in a rotation pattern with the sun too..

screenshot237.png

Beats my last one.. I just tried to go fishing..

*starts a political debate*

screenshot237.png

Thank you, I was having trouble getting there. ;)

229440_3178552282886_453418532_n.jpg

I wonder if there are any artifacts on Tylo now? If they are not any now, maybe they'll be some in the future?

Thank you, I was having trouble getting there. ;)

229440_3178552282886_453418532_n.jpg

I wonder if there are any artifacts on Tylo now? If they are not any now, maybe they'll be some in the future?

lolz, and yes there are two things on Tylo

A half buried cave and some guys head

Maybe there'll be something else to do in future.. unless theres something I've missed at the Vall structures

lolz, and yes there are two things on Tylo

Maybe there'll be something else to do in future.. unless theres something I've missed at the Vall structures

A half buried cave and some guys head

Try crashing into them when the Kerbals are on the statue? (Rubbish idea)

The Magic Boulder was first found orbiting Duna, but there was a potential sighting by the Mün.

And people are claiming that the orbit of the Magic Boulder is non-physical- that is, a ship moving at the same velocity close to it might not follow the same trajectory.

Just a few hours ago i was orbiting Vall and i saw an object flying in the distance. I was skimming around at 8k altitude and 800m/s ish looking for the Vall monument. It was slightly higher altitude than me and when i tried to gain altitude to approach it, it seemed that it was flying at exponential speed away and i could not gather the momentum to even close the distance not to mention scared for my fuel because im running no mods. Would bet it was the boulder.

I'm pretty sure that the stonehedge and pyramids thing on Vall is related to the magic boulder. My wild theory is that it connects the Vall monument with the weirdly shaped Duna southpole considering they both have a line of multiple diminishing pyramids. Some kind of rapid orbit between Jool's moon Vall and Duna? Magic shortcut ish.

Anyways, also on the strange image i would bet the 3 planets lined up are Jool's moon minus Bop and that the left side is the position of Jool in relation to sun or other planets? The left part i can't figure out but it seems the alignment on the 3 moon are always off but probably lines up at one time or another within a Kerbin year. I'm checking out the cycle of the planets spinning at max speed but i dont think i'll figure out easy.

So hey, i posted this a week ago but not much people have seen it because they were in my first 5 posts that took a while to get validated. Anyways, one thing that should be really looked into is how on Duna's south pole there is 4-5 sharp pyramids in a row that looks very similar to the Vall "stonehedge". Not only that but i did spot something in the distance on Vall which i think is the magic boulder.

This may be a stupid question but here it goes...

What body is the Magic Boulder orbiting? I saw the picture of it, and I plan to find it myself.

Any more information would be appreciated. :)

the magic boulder is orbiting Ike, not duna. it also changes it's altitude and inclination periodically

the magic boulder is orbiting Ike, not duna. it also changes it's altitude and inclination periodically

So is it just on an elliptical orbit, or doe sits orbit actually change every so often?

but there was a potential sighting by the Mün.

Some days ago, when I got into the Mun menu screen, I saw a white dot passing at high speed through the screen.

Is it possible that the Magic Boulder was included also in the menu screen?

Maybe the magic boulder is in a continuous slingshot tragectory around planets

I would bet good money on that. I think it's possible to land or orbit it then let the boulder fly you to other planets like some kind of ferry. I am certain that i have seen it around Vall.

I would bet good money on that. I think it's possible to land or orbit it then let the boulder fly you to other planets like some kind of ferry. I am certain that i have seen it around Vall.

Someone has to catch it first, which nobody's managed to do yet. (beyond randomly crash into it) At least not that they're saying.

Someone has to catch it first, which nobody's managed to do yet. (beyond randomly crash into it) At least not that they're saying.

Well if somebody would help me figure out what is the planetary phase angles on the left of the decoded image, that'd be great. All that's happening in this thread is people saying the same things over and over without looking what was said before.

lolz, and yes there are two things on Tylo A half buried cave and some guys head

some guys head

some guys head

Carl Sagan called. He would like to have a word with you. :P

To keep on topic, here's a picture I took of the aforementioned Easter egg:

18DtI

Spotted a UFO on Vall for the second time, took a screenshot:

http://imgur.com/0rP5O

I am nearly above the south pole. The white pixel is glittering like a debris/ship in the distance. There is no debris or other ships in space in this save. Suspect its the magic boulder!

EDIT : yep, would make sense its Bop. Its flickering pretty weird in my game.

Edited by Kiershar

Spotted a UFO on Vall for the second time, took a screenshot:

http://imgur.com/0rP5O

I am nearly above the south pole. The white pixel is glittering like a debris/ship in the distance. There is no debris or other ships in space in this save. Suspect its the magic boulder!

That's Bop. Check your Map view.

Edited by OtherDalfite