0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

3Qd6S.png

Funny story, one of my general purpose rovers/mapsats was in a low orbit trying to find crater-imagery and every now and then I kept seeing what I assumed was a odd graphics glitch just above the horizon of the planet (I normally see a white pixel here and there on the horizon of bodies). It was just twinkling speck on the edge of my vision which disappeared in a hurry. Didn't put it together until LegalTK posted his image and proved it was there. Turns out I was orbiting nearly opposite to it.

Please don't post coords.

I post "approximate coordinates" (They are achieved through ISAMap). We must find the objects, although the second KSP not cause you see 15km away.

And I post Kerbin Easter Eggs because we know all.

Ciao!!

Edited by MOhon

ive so far found very little in the way of easter eggs. i only have the one monolith, though i know where one of the mun ones are, and i know whwere ksc2 is, though ive never been to either.

ive been playing awhile now, and ive never used teh mapping tool, i stillf ly research crafts around kerbin just to see if that island hols a secret, or whats across that ocean. its long tedious and rarely pays off, but i like it.

the mapping tools i was against since before i knew they uncovered easter eggs. IMO behing handed the map to the world, or a map to the secrets just plain takes the fun out of finding them, im not saying its cheating, but when people here posted finding the mun arches for the first time, or the monolith, before map tools, it was a hugly magical moment. there was the level of "holy crap man"

so ill continue my low orbit fly bys, my space plane recon craft, and my manual rover missions to uncover the games secrets, i still like to check these threads, because in reality i may never find some of these things my way, but its nice to know their there, and its nice to know when i find them, i will have deserved it.

to the devs, i really hope you keep adding cool hidden things, and i really hope you find a way to add them in undetectable.

Opticalshadow that's exactly how I play this game. Till now I've only found one monolith and the second KSP base.

4 days ago it was for the first time for me that I found a mun arch. It indeed gave me a sort of 'holy crap man' level.

The fun thing was that the random chosen kerbal for this flight was Jebt, which added for somehow a even more 'omg this is fantastic' feeling. :D

I already knew that they existed thanks to threads like this (which I keep checking every day). But still managing to find them yourself without plugins like mapsat makes me feel great.

It takes very much time to do the searching for Unidentified Objects with only your eye's.

But everyone has his/her own techniques to find them, which doesn't remove any of the fun for me.

The most awesome thing about these easter eggs is for me that we all work together to a certain level to find them. Team work for the win! :cool:

I also hope that the dev's will keep adding these mysterious objects, planetary bodies and other secrets. They really add a great level of detail to the game.

When I heard the SSTV signal in a video I immediately thought of a very old movie 'Alien': it scared the crap out of me. xD

ive so far found very little in the way of easter eggs. i only have the one monolith, though i know where one of the mun ones are, and i know whwere ksc2 is, though ive never been to either.

ive been playing awhile now, and ive never used teh mapping tool, i stillf ly research crafts around kerbin just to see if that island hols a secret, or whats across that ocean. its long tedious and rarely pays off, but i like it.

the mapping tools i was against since before i knew they uncovered easter eggs. IMO behing handed the map to the world, or a map to the secrets just plain takes the fun out of finding them, im not saying its cheating, but when people here posted finding the mun arches for the first time, or the monolith, before map tools, it was a hugly magical moment. there was the level of "holy crap man"

so ill continue my low orbit fly bys, my space plane recon craft, and my manual rover missions to uncover the games secrets, i still like to check these threads, because in reality i may never find some of these things my way, but its nice to know their there, and its nice to know when i find them, i will have deserved it.

to the devs, i really hope you keep adding cool hidden things, and i really hope you find a way to add them in undetectable.

AGREED!, I have the MapSat plugin installed, but that kinda ruins the hunt for me...

Would probably never have even heard of all the hidden goodies if not for threads like this. I try to avoid pics that provide coords

and rather go for the "it's on this side of the planet" posts, As I said in a previous post, I had a large team of kerbs on Bop, Cause c'mon its cool!

Heard of the Dead Kraken, Immediately shipped out 4 Rovers, Have been looking for it for days! nothing. Afer every hill/crater I'm like: Please be that! ... Aww, no... Onwards to that other dark place!

Gives one something to do after flying an ungodly distance to a new planet...

Thumbs up to the Devs!

I really like how 0.16 somewhat changed the game. Before, we had the monoliths. They were great fun, but to hidden and really they were "true" easter eggs in the sense that they don't conceivably have anything to do with the game. After 0.16 however, we had the Mun Arches. This is what started it methinks. I love how that update changed the game. Before I had a passing interest in this game. Now with these two updates I feel like a REAL explorer. Trying to find hidden goodies on the moons, going to different planets, etc. Now I find myself launching various rockets to Mun with rovers and some extra fuel so I can get to all the craters and explore. After I am done with Mun, I plan to do the same with Minmus.

This thread has really made me want to go to the planets too, but I am not skilled enough to get there on a consistent basis yet. I am practicing on Mun to Minmus transfers for that.

TL;DR The so called "easter eggs" have really taken this game to a whole new level for me and I love them. I find that the majority of the fun is in looking for them. Afterwards, doing some Roleplaying with them.

Except when the caves are artifacts.

How can a cave be an artifact? surely it would be classed as part of the terrain.. Where as something like the Kraken or the memorial sites would be classed as artifacts.

Funny story, one of my general purpose rovers/mapsats was in a low orbit trying to find crater-imagery and every now and then I kept seeing what I assumed was a odd graphics glitch just above the horizon of the planet (I normally see a white pixel here and there on the horizon of bodies). It was just twinkling speck on the edge of my vision which disappeared in a hurry. Didn't put it together until LegalTK posted his image and proved it was there. Turns out I was orbiting nearly opposite to it.

3Qd6S.png
D: It's a Borg probe!

Why do all these artifacts show up on the mapsats? Can't they be disguised or hidden so they won't show up no matter what coding is put in to find them?

Why should they be disguised so hard? I think mapsat is the perfect balance between frustrating and no fun because too easy.

Just a few hours ago i was orbiting Vall and i saw an object flying in the distance. I was skimming around at 8k altitude and 800m/s ish looking for the Vall monument. It was slightly higher altitude than me and when i tried to gain altitude to approach it, it seemed that it was flying at exponential speed away and i could not gather the momentum to even close the distance not to mention scared for my fuel because im running no mods. Would bet it was the boulder.

I'm pretty sure that the stonehedge and pyramids thing on Vall is related to the magic boulder. My wild theory is that it connects the Vall monument with the weirdly shaped Duna southpole considering they both have a line of multiple diminishing pyramids. Some kind of rapid orbit between Jool's moon Vall and Duna? Magic shortcut ish.

Anyways, also on the strange image i would bet the 3 planets lined up are Jool's moon minus Bop and that the left side is the position of Jool in relation to sun or other planets? The left part i can't figure out but it seems the alignment on the 3 moon are always off but probably lines up at one time or another within a Kerbin year. I'm checking out the cycle of the planets spinning at max speed but i dont think i'll figure out easy.

Edited by Kiershar