0.17 Easter eggs

TheProdigy

This isnt a pirate game and we are not sailors an opposing anology of this vageness could be esaly made. its like going to a garden shop and geting dirt then going back and geting the plant when he could have gotten the dirt and the plant at the same time. I would like to point out that the magic boulder and a map to understand its pressens would be easy to implament at the same time. P.S. pirats often didn't have tresure maps.

If you're just arguing with me for the sake of arguing, then i'm done with this conversation. Which is what it looks like, and i'm certainly not going to start discussing pirates on a space simulator forum. The analogy was just that. An analogy.

Things are getting added to the game as they get finished.. The magic boulder was finished, so it got added. The SSTV signal was finished, so it got added. And I personally hope they keep adding things to the game as things get finished, instead of sitting on them for months/years.

He has.. on re-reading the thread, I found this that I missed the first time through.

Fight now we're trying to figure out the image on a jigsaw puzzle with just one piece. We'll just have to wait until they give us more pieces before getting farther with this.

hence my "cake is a lie... for now"

Today i was preparing for my first Duna landing (I do have multiple map sat satellites orbiting Duna however) and i was going to check out an anomaly that my map sat satellite picked up, so i was sitting at 200 km and had just finished my de-orbit burn when I saw a white dot passing ahead an extremely high velocity, the first thing that entered my mind was MAGIC BOULDER!!!! do reached over my keyboard to press F1 for a screenshot but by the time i pressed it the boulder was gone. After that encounter i came in to land on Duna when my parachutes ripped the body of my lander off but still hanging onto my unmanned pod I was using, anyway in the end my pod hit the ground at 3 m/s and blew up.

Sounds like a sucssesfull day to me magic boulder has been spoted once again. Also nova ur a troll for egging us to keep looking into this one pease of the puzzle when you knew it would lead nowhere. this will be my last post for a while as nothing new has shown up.

Yes and Yes we do not know its been spoted at alot of places the current running theroy is its interplanitary or orbiting ike only or there is more than one. ( I will be qiet now)

Today i was preparing for my first Duna landing (I do have multiple map sat satellites orbiting Duna however) and i was going to check out an anomaly that my map sat satellite picked up, so i was sitting at 200 km and had just finished my de-orbit burn when I saw a white dot passing ahead an extremely high velocity, the first thing that entered my mind was MAGIC BOULDER!!!! do reached over my keyboard to press F1 for a screenshot but by the time i pressed it the boulder was gone. After that encounter i came in to land on Duna when my parachutes ripped the body of my lander off but still hanging onto my unmanned pod I was using, anyway in the end my pod hit the ground at 3 m/s and blew up.

Are you sure that wasn't debris from one of your missions?

A thought just occurred to me what if the "Duna code" points to a solar orbiting object (small panet maybe) that's not in the map view (I assume not the magic bolder). The angle is the ejection angle needed, the pyramid sun and orbs somehow determine the phase angle...

Hiding a planet would be an awesome easter egg...

Edit: Nova said the three big dots mean nothing.

Edited by SLAMS

Well, I was recording an aero capture today and my conics showed an interaction with something interesting. I didnt have enough time to mouse over the conics and see the name of the body though.

Possibly the magic boulder orbit?

http://youtu.be/1L1dSIvX5E8

I have the quick save and im investigating further.

Edit: Was not able to show this interaction again. Judging by the video, it was probably a glitch or something else. The SOI seemed to be much larger than what we all had in mind for the magic boulder.

It might even have been Ike, but that does seem quite far out for Ike's SOI.

Edited by tuguley
Typos and better wording