When game crashes on Console does it create a log file

Dew169

XBOX one X, Radial control preset....

I had been playing just fine (as newbie) in a career mode at day 299 when I suffered  two crashes. Either time happened differently but with common characteristics.. The first one happened in the tracking station and I had just chose a vehicle to control...  I restarted the game with no apparent issues but that Jeb lost his experience some how.. Attempted to do same steps prior to crash but everything worked.  The second time happened shortly there after but while in map mode and again attempting to switch to another vehicle...  Just before the first crash I'd created a reusable lander and had docked it to a station around the Mun..  There were two other vehicles docked as well to the station and after the lander docked the system got really slow...  The lander is on the mun right now and things seem to be working ok but with me saving every time i do something now...  Play the game for a bit today and it seemed like it was normal....  

So I wondering if the console version creates a log file or something?  

Welcome to the forums @Dew169. No I don't think it does. Xbox version for me can be buggy, and can crash. How big was the vessel you swapped to the second time part count wise, 20 parts, 10, 100?? Sometimes the game lags itself out because of part count or the amount of vessels in physics distance. If you have  around 100ish parts, the game could lag itself out. Sometimes the game will lag out with the amount of docked together vessels screwing up some how. Ive seen them jump (On a docked together base on Kerbin) up to 100m in the air, screwing up my base badly, breaking half of my station. It could be any of these things. @Mikenike when you get back with an answer so I can help you the best I can.

@Mikenike Both times I was switching back to small utility vehicle that I was using to deorbit old boosters from early in the game..  that vehicle is about 20 parts. The mun station is well over 300 hundred parts when everything is docked to it...  I went ahead and placed updated crafts similar to the Mun station around Minus and there hasn’t been a noticeable drag with those added..  So I’m at a lose about the cause of the crashes as I’ve got some rather large part counts now..

Edited by Dew169

31 minutes ago, Dew169 said:

@Mikenike Both times I was switching back to small utility vehicle that I was using to deorbit old boosters from early in the game..  that vehicle is about 20 parts. The mun station is well over 300 hundred parts when everything is docked to it...  I went ahead and placed updated crafts similar to the Mun station around Minus and there hasn’t been a noticeable drag with those added..  So I’m at a lose about the cause of the crashes as I’ve got some rather large part counts now..

It has to be the loading of that massive thing of the station, cause it has to load all the physics for those parts, bring them up to speed, orient them correctly, et cetra. Whats the massive part count for?? That much fuel/ science labs?

Pretty much due to science n fuel..  still developing different techniques in the game  so still including a large safety factor in vehicle design until I get better..  the lander was an attempt to have a common platform that could be modified for duna down the road

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.