CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network) - v1.33.2 Laplace - KSP 2 support!

DasSkelett

8 hours ago, DasSkelett said:

I happened to look into Flatpaks myself recently, so I might look into it. But I won't give any promises, especially because I found the documentation for the maintainer side severely lacking. I also couldn't find a place where all the existing library packages are listed (like Mono), 'flatpak search' is missing many runtimes/runtime extensions/libraries, and https://flathub.org/ only shows end-user GUI applications :/

Oh, dear :( 

I have been searching for a flatpack of mono myself for the past week, 

Hopefully the Steamdeck sparks interest in maintaining such things again?

I have read that some of flatpacks for "monodevelop" have a mono install included within them? 
(But i'm not anywhere near competent yet when it comes to Linux :/ , so don't quote me on it)

Thanks for the reply! :) 

I'll let you know if I find anything I think could be useful!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I'm just getting back into KSP after a long time away and am trying to install a few mods.

The one that I'm currently trying to install is Editor Extensions, however the box is not available to select it. I read beck in this sub and it was advised to look in the bottom right corner and missing dependencies would be shown in red.

So for EE the red dependency was Janitors Closet, so I tried to install that but again no option to select - I think the dependencies have all been met for that mod though. Is that correct?

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, I used to play with lots of mods through CKAN but I can't really remember how it works.

Also I notice that the Game Instance in the bottom right says that the version I have is Portable. Have I just downloaded the wrong version? I'm pretty sure I downloaded for Windows 10.

For some reason the screenshot of CKAN isn't being inserted, here's the link:
https://imgur.com/a/D3ewkMg

Thanks a lot!

53 minutes ago, Ryds said:

trying to install a few mods.

Have you checked the Settings\Compatible Game  Versions? in the CKAN menu?  You are on Version 1.12.3 but janitor's closet is only  rated for 1.12.2. Unless you have 1.12.2 and older versions selected in the Compatible Versions, CKAN won't let you install it.  Most people set it to KSP 1.8 and higher as acceptable.  I set mine to more because I use some very old part mods for Kerbal Konstructs. 

RSZEmjh.png

56 minutes ago, Ryds said:

For some reason the screenshot of CKAN isn't being inserted

You need to post the URL that has the .jpg or ,png at the end of it

4 hours ago, Ryds said:

Also I notice that the Game Instance in the bottom right says that the version I have is Portable.

That is the instance name that CKAN generates automatically when your ckan.exe file is inside your game folder rather than your desktop or downloads folder, etc. It describes the scenario where you have both the game and CKAN on a USB thumb drive, since the path to the game folder can change from computer to computer. It should not be a problem.

Edited by HebaruSan

Hello @HebaruSan and apologies in advance if this is the wrong thread for this, but the CKAN listing for "Superfluous Nodes" by @Geonovaststill shows 0.6 as the latest version, with max compatible game version listed as 1.7.1.  The latest version is 0.7, uploaded to Spacedock back in May, but the change hasn't propagated to CKAN for whatever reason.

12 minutes ago, Nizrael said:

Hello @HebaruSan and apologies in advance if this is the wrong thread for this, but the CKAN listing for "Superfluous Nodes" by @Geonovaststill shows 0.6 as the latest version, with max compatible game version listed as 1.7.1.  The latest version is 0.7, uploaded to Spacedock back in May, but the change hasn't propagated to CKAN for whatever reason.

Thanks for the heads-up. We took that mod out of the bot's actively checked list in March because it hadn't been updated for so long. Should be back in the rotation in a couple of minutes.

Edited by HebaruSan

I deleted the regristy locked file about a month ago but recently I a getting this message when I try to open ckan.

649 [1] ERROR CKAN.ErrorDialog (null) - CKAN is already running for this instance!

If you're certain this is not the case, then delete:
"c:/program files (x86)/steam/SteamApps/common/Kerbal Space Program/CKAN\registry.locked"

10 minutes ago, ssd21345 said:

May I ask is there any reason ckan still pulling old version sigma dimension ? It pull a very old version so it won't work on newer ksp.

Sigma Dimensions has been frozen and restricted to these old versions a very long time ago, by request of the mod author.

Its compatibility is set accordingly, so CKAN shouldn't actually pull these versions in. It doesn't allow you to install them at all, unless you have overridden the compatible game versions (please do not set them this broadly! Mods from such old versions *will* be broken!), or force-install it and dismissing the warning pop-up (which is there for exactly this reason).

If you want this mod, you need to install it manually.

54 minutes ago, DasSkelett said:

Sigma Dimensions has been frozen and restricted to these old versions a very long time ago, by request of the mod author.

Its compatibility is set accordingly, so CKAN shouldn't actually pull these versions in. It doesn't allow you to install them at all, unless you have overridden the compatible game versions (please do not set them this broadly! Mods from such old versions *will* be broken!), or force-install it and dismissing the warning pop-up (which is there for exactly this reason).

If you want this mod, you need to install it manually.

Yeah I assumed the version on ckan is the latest version so I force-install it.

31 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Just the usual: Try to describe the problem you're having in a way that maximizes the chance of someone being able to help you. Say exactly what you did and what happened, including a screenshot for maximum clarity.

Well, Kopernicus wont show up on the list of available mods on my CKAN anymore. According to other players it is on there.

I open CKAN, look for Kopernicus, and it's nowhere to be found. I am pretty sure (99%) I used to be able to find and install it via CKAN no problem.

Of course I refreshed, checked the boxes for the older versions, even installed a new version of CKAN just to be sure.  It's really the first issue I ever ran into in almost 8yrs of using CKAN now.

In the end I downloaded and installed the mod

2 hours ago, Dafni said:

Well, Kopernicus wont show up on the list of available mods on my CKAN anymore. According to other players it is on there.

Yes, it's definitely there. Maybe you added it to the "Hidden" label? Maybe you right clicked the column headers and unchecked the "library" or "plugin" tags, either of which would hide Kopernicus? Maybe you have an active filter that doesn't apply (this is one of the things a screenshot could have revealed)?

Edited by HebaruSan

7 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Yes, it's definitely there. Maybe you added it to the "Hidden" label? Maybe you right clicked the column headers and unchecked the "library" or "plugin" tags, either of which would hide Kopernicus? Maybe you have an active filter that doesn't apply (this is one of the things a screenshot could have revealed)?

Thank you for trying to help. @HebaruSan I appreciate your time.  I am happy to provide any info you need. Let me know what exactly you need to see. I go ahead and just grab what I see when I look for it:

Zqh5Yft.png

Edit: @HebaruSan look, here is an interesting one. When I install the mod manually, CKAN sees it in my installed mods, even flags it as available for update, but then gives me this error when I try to update it through CKAN. I manually installed the latest version. What gives here. I must be missing something pretty fundamental here. I apologize in advance for my ignorance.

64tvPHK.png

Edited by Dafni

3 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

You're using an extremely old version of CKAN, who knows what might be wrong that far back. Try installing the latest:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/tag/v1.31.0

Oh lord, really? Man! I was under the impression I just downloaded the latest version... on top of always assuming that CKAN keeps checking and updating itself every time I open it. My bad, mate. And many thanks for your time, it is greatly appreciated. I will sort that out immediately!

25 minutes ago, Caerfinon said:

Is there a delay in the indexing?  

Yes; two things happened:

1. SpaceDock's recent migration from Germany to Finland broke the webhooks that allow for immediate updates because the old IPs are whitelisted and haven't been updated yet. For the time being, those mods are supposed to be covered by a once-daily pass as a fallback. However...
  2. We broke the bot 14 hours ago (with some changes related to support for mods hosted on GitLab), so it wasn't running when that pass was supposed to happen. I think I see why and it should come back online soon.