CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network) - v1.33.2 Laplace - KSP 2 support!

DasSkelett

22 minutes ago, Brigadier said:

Is this what you're looking for: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases

Yes that's it. I could only see the newest one, and when I tried clicking the "releases" button it still only showed the latest one.  (But works now, so probably operator error, or bad mouse click.)

Thanks.

Edited by BlackHat

Hello! I am getting an error message when attempting to install the Express version of RP-1 on CKAN, using 1.10.1. It downloads fine, and then CKAN itself crashes when attempting to install ReStock with the following message.

Unhandled exception:
System.Transactions.TransactionException: Failed to roll back. ---> System.IO.IOException: Process can't access file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ReStock\Spaces\Airlock\restock-airlock-1-IVA.cfg' because it's being used in another progress
   en System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   en System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   en ChinhDo.Transactions.FileManager.Operations.SingleFileOperation.Rollback()
   en ChinhDo.Transactions.FileManager.TxEnlistment.Rollback(Enlistment enlistment)
  --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   en ChinhDo.Transactions.FileManager.TxEnlistment.Rollback(Enlistment enlistment)
   en System.Transactions.VolatileEnlistmentAborting.EnterState(InternalEnlistment enlistment)
   en System.Transactions.TransactionStateAborted.EnterState(InternalTransaction tx)
   en System.Transactions.EnlistableStates.Timeout(InternalTransaction tx)
   en System.Transactions.Bucket.TimeoutTransactions()
   en System.Transactions.BucketSet.TimeoutTransactions()
   en System.Transactions.TransactionTable.ThreadTimer(Object state)
   en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   en System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
   en System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
   en System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()

My computer is set to Spanish, but I translated most of the relevant bits. Consider "en" = "in".

I don't know what is using the file, I'll run a few tests.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: I retried. It installed ReStock correctly and failed on another mod. Similar error message.

Edited by joacobanfield

1 hour ago, joacobanfield said:

Hello! I am getting an error message when attempting to install the Express version of RP-1 on CKAN, using 1.10.1. It downloads fine, and then CKAN itself crashes when attempting to install ReStock with the following message.

As @HebaruSannoted in the other thread, it is likely caused by KSP still running in the background, from time to time it doesn't close fully when exiting. Check in the task manager if there's process for KSP still running.
Otherwise, just reboot your PC. After that installing/upgrading/uninstalling should work fine again.

• 1 month later...

Since when has the search field automatically included the "is:" search clause when a filter has been applied, i.e. "is:installed"?

When I click on the search field, the cursor understandably appears at the click point, often at the end of any filter clause.   However,  there is no automatic space appended to the filter clause and when I start typing, I have to enter a leading space before my search term.  When I forget, my search never finds what I'm looking for, obviously.

Could you implement some mechanism so that I don't have to add a leading space when I search, i.e the filter search parameter could be hidden or a space could be added to the end of the applied filter text?

Also, could you consider implementing keyboard shortcuts to:

1. place the cursor at the end of the search field text (with a space added so that I can start w/o adding a leading space); and,
  2. immediately execute a standard filter, such as cntl-i applies an "is:installed"?

Looked, couldn't find it.

Got a yellow line, not sure what it means.

Is there a reference to what different colors on the lines would mean?  I know that red is a conflict, never saw yellow before.

Also, and this might be a feature request, when there is a conflict, is there a way to easily identify what the conflict is (ie:  a right-click on the line with a popup)?  I was working in upgrading JNSQ and GPP, got a large number of red lines in the relationships, and wading throught them is painful

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Got a yellow line, not sure what it means.

Is there a reference to what different colors on the lines would mean?  I know that red is a conflict, never saw yellow before.

Sounds like a custom label, try right clicking it to see which one.

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Also, and this might be a feature request, when there is a conflict, is there a way to easily identify what the conflict is

Check the status bar in the lower left.

2 minutes ago, Atlas Gaming said:

What do I do to get a package relisted after accidentally purging it from my ckan? I was marking stuff as favorite and somehow clicked on purge. How do I get that package listed again so I can use it?

The right click purge option doesn't remove the mod from the list. You should still see it.

12 hours ago, Atlas Gaming said:

What do I do to get a package relisted after accidentally purging it from my ckan? I was marking stuff as favorite and somehow clicked on purge. How do I get that package listed again so I can use it?

And if with "purging" you mean that you applied the "Hidden" label to it, you can undo that by filtering by this label and then removing it from the mod via the context menu again.

14 hours ago, DasSkelett said:

And if with "purging" you mean that you applied the "Hidden" label to it, you can undo that by filtering by this label and then removing it from the mod via the context menu again.

damn! thats apparently what I did... I though it said purge! Thanks for the tip

I don't know if this is the place to mention this, but I'm getting a notification, trying to install the "Civilian Population" mod via CKAN, that it requires "ToolbarController", which it claims isn't compatible with the version of KSP I have installed (latest version via Steam), but a)the relations tab says that ToolbarController is compatible (it doesn't show up red in that tab) but that another mod (Click Through Blocker, which is listed as a requirement for both CivPop and ToolbarController) isn't compatible even though the mod is updated for KSP v1.12.x according to its thread here on the forums.

3 hours ago, OmegaX123 said:

I don't know if this is the place to mention this, but I'm getting a notification, trying to install the "Civilian Population" mod via CKAN, that it requires "ToolbarController", which it claims isn't compatible with the version of KSP I have installed (latest version via Steam), but a)the relations tab says that ToolbarController is compatible (it doesn't show up red in that tab) but that another mod (Click Through Blocker, which is listed as a requirement for both CivPop and ToolbarController) isn't compatible even though the mod is updated for KSP v1.12.x according to its thread here on the forums.

Looks like @linuxgurugamer only marked it up to 1.12.1 on SpaceDock. An update is propagating through the system now to cover 1.12.2, try clicking Refresh in CKAN in 4 minutes.

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Looks like @linuxgurugamer only marked it up to 1.12.1 on SpaceDock. An update is propagating through the system now to cover 1.12.2, try clicking Refresh in CKAN in 4 minutes.

Awesome, seems to have gone through, looking forward to using that. Another couple things, though, "Classic Stock Resources" disables the apply changes button, even though there's no listed incompatibilities or anything along those lines. Also I've been having "install failed" happen every time I try to install mods so far, no explanation, everything says it's installing properly, then all of a sudden "install failed" with no context other than the part about "if the above line indicates a download error then retry" (which it doesn't, it says installed successfully).
EDIT: Also "Diverse Kerbal Heads" (this is probably more of an issue for that mod's developer than for here, but thought I would mention it) says that it requires "TextureReplacerReplaced" which isn't compatible, yet the mod itself (Diverse) says that it is compatible, and the original(?) Texture Replacer is up to date and compatible.

Edited by OmegaX123

1 hour ago, OmegaX123 said:

Another couple things, though, "Classic Stock Resources" disables the apply changes button

On 9/25/2021 at 8:53 PM, HebaruSan said:

Check the status bar in the lower left.

Also I've been having "install failed" happen every time I try to install mods so far, no explanation, everything says it's installing properly, then all of a sudden "install failed" with no context other than the part about "if the above line indicates a download error then retry" (which it doesn't, it says installed successfully).

Try submitting a bug report for this, we need a lot more information that no one reading this thread will care about:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new/choose

EDIT: Also "Diverse Kerbal Heads" (this is probably more of an issue for that mod's developer than for here, but thought I would mention it) says that it requires "TextureReplacerReplaced" which isn't compatible, yet the mod itself (Diverse) says that it is compatible, and the original(?) Texture Replacer is up to date and compatible.

Yes, TextureReplacer and TextureReplacerReplaced are two different mods that work differently. A mod made for one won't necessarily work with the other.

3 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Try submitting a bug report for this, we need a lot more information that no one reading this thread will care about:

Yes, TextureReplacer and TextureReplacerReplaced are two different mods that work differently. A mod made for one won't necessarily work with the other.

Just submitted the bug report.

Hello, I have the following minor issue:

When I hold down the CTRL key (in an attempt to select more than one mod), I get the following error and CKAN crashes:

w7pjcbnk67p.png

I tried to copy the text, but there isn't a right-click option to do so.

The crash happens before clicking any mods, as soon as CTRL is held.

Linux, CKAN v1.30.4

7 minutes ago, S4qFBxkFFg said:

When I hold down the CTRL key (in an attempt to select more than one mod), I get the following error and CKAN crashes:

9 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Announcement for CKAN users and mod authors:

The CKAN bot is having a hiccup at the moment; thanks to some internet infrastructure reshuffling, it can no longer access a fairly broad slice of the internet on a temporary basis. The impact is similar to if the affected sites disappeared. Things you may notice include:

• New mod versions aren't being picked up from SpaceDock
  • Newly created mods on SpaceDock may or may not be sent to the CKAN team to be added (I'm not sure about this one)
  • Remote version files aren't being retrieved from avc.cybutek.net, so compatibility for a few mods has reverted to their at-release state (KSPWheel, KSPRescuePodFix, KerbalFoundriesContinued)
  • NetKAN pull requests emit errors for mods on SpaceDock

You can get a sense of which and how-many mods are affected on the CKAN bot's status page (it's all the ones starting with "Ssl error:1000007d:SSL routines:OPENSSL_internal:CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED"). Luckily the CKAN app that you use is unaffected by this, as it relates to how the containers for the bot are assembled.

We expect this to be resolved when the mono:latest container image is updated with the latest certificates, which hopefully they will do pretty soon since anyone using it would be affected by this. In the meantime, please be patient, and no, there isn't anything you can do to help.

Edited by HebaruSan

Some updates as we continue investigating this...

• @DasSkelett has identified a workaround that may get the CKAN bot up and running again despite the critical failure and collapse of the underlying infrastructure, which is under review right now.
  • It is possible for this to affect the CKAN client on Linux, if you have the expired certificate, because Mono is using a frozen fork of openssl from 5 years ago that complains about the expired cert despite there being an alternate unexpired branch of certs :angry:. Ubuntu removed the expired cert a few days ago, but Debian didn't, so people's installs will probably be all over the place in this respect. If you see a CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED error in CKAN, you've been conscripted into this nonsense and will have to figure out how to remove this expired certificate. The lines added in the above linked pull request may help.
Edited by HebaruSan

On 9/30/2021 at 11:05 PM, HebaruSan said:

If you see a CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED error in CKAN, you've been conscripted into this nonsense and will have to figure out how to remove this expired certificate.

If you happen to run Arch Linux and are affected (like me), the following commands will fix it (you will need to do this as root because it modifies system wide configuration):

# blacklist the expired certificate
cp /etc/ssl/certs/DST_Root_CA_X3.pem /etc/ca-certificates/trust-source/blocklist/

# update the system wide trust store
update-ca-trust

# and finally sync the system trust store to mono
cert-sync /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt