CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network) - v1.33.2 Laplace - KSP 2 support!

DasSkelett

FYI, about an hour ago, an unknown user joined GitHub and added this to the CKAN wiki's home page:

l67FXKd.png

The Windows link at the top went somewhere via "linkify.me" that I have not investigated further but could easily have been malware. If you saw that and clicked it while it was like this, you may have downloaded malware. If you see something that looks like this in the future, do not click any of it! I have reverted the edit and reported the user to GitHub, and we are looking into blocking them from further wiki edits.

EDIT: GitHub reviewed my report and deleted the user in just 17 minutes!

Edited by HebaruSan

• 2 weeks later...

I have take a couple of days using CKAN to setup things for a new save, but I want to rename the windows folder.  Is there a process that allows me to do that in CKAN so that CKAN doesn't loose track of what I have done?  [not sure if that makes any sense]

If I rename the folder where my current modded KSP save it, CKAN will complain when I launch it, is there a way to fix it so that CKAN will know where it is again?

edit: I think,  I figured it out.  I made a copy of the default folder, renamed it and created a new instance in ckan, that seems to work.  I used to remember doing that and all of the mods listed were listed as "AD" and didn't allow for some functionality, or something like that.  So, I am good, I think. :)

Edited by gamerscircle

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, obnox twin said:

Oh hey I want to fully uninstall CKAN and Fully Reinstall it again but I don't know how. To make this more sense I want CKAN completely uninstalled and I want to reinstall it is there any tutorials on it. As well I am on mac.

3 hours ago, obnox twin said:

Just to Clarify I know how to install CKAN but I want to do a hard reinstall aka deleting the old one and reinstalling it. Like removing CKAN

That's not really an answerable question since unlike some software, CKAN does not draw a distinction between "installed" and "uninstalled" states. If you have a copy of CKAN and can run it, that's as "installed" as it gets.

There are a few things you might do, depending on your reason for asking this:

1. Delete the CKAN.app bundle to "uninstall" and then restore it from your Trash to "reinstall". This would change nothing.
  2. Open your KSP folder in Finder and delete its "CKAN" folder. This would remove CKAN's knowledge about that copy of the game, which would then be regenerated the next time you ran CKAN.
  3. Open whatever Mono uses for the "local application data" folder (might be "/Users/YourUser/.local/share", but I'm not sure about that) in Finder and delete its "CKAN" folder. This would delete CKAN's global settings, which would be restored to their defaults the next time you ran CKAN.

Most likely, none of these would help you, so I would recommend describing the problem that you're having instead.

17 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

That's not really an answerable question since unlike some software, CKAN does not draw a distinction between "installed" and "uninstalled" states. If you have a copy of CKAN and can run it, that's as "installed" as it gets.

There are a few things you might do, depending on your reason for asking this:

1. Delete the CKAN.app bundle to "uninstall" and then restore it from your Trash to "reinstall". This would change nothing.
  2. Open your KSP folder in Finder and delete its "CKAN" folder. This would remove CKAN's knowledge about that copy of the game, which would then be regenerated the next time you ran CKAN.
  3. Open whatever Mono uses for the "local application data" folder (might be "/Users/YourUser/.local/share", but I'm not sure about that) in Finder and delete its "CKAN" folder. This would delete CKAN's global settings, which would be restored to their defaults the next time you ran CKAN.

Most likely, none of these would help you, so I would recommend describing the problem that you're having instead.

I want it to direct to another KSP folder because I am going to install RO and RP-1 but don't want to make my game break so I have a backup just incase.

7 hours ago, obnox twin said:

I want it to direct to another KSP folder because I am going to install RO and RP-1 but don't want to make my game break so I have a backup just incase.

OK, that's pretty easy to do without reinstalling anything:

1. Copy your game folder to the location on disk where you want the new instance to live
  2. Run CKAN
  3. F10, Select game instance...
  4. Press 'a' to Add
  5. Enter the name by which CKAN should know the new instance
  6. Enter the path to the new instance from step 1
  7. F2
  8. Press Enter to work with the new instance

10 hours ago, Fr8monkey said:

On a clean non modded KSP install and  a Glenn CKAN install, I keep getting crashes.Just says there was a problem and goes away.  Been having problem with CKAN since 1.10.1

Please capture the error message and submit a bug report. Be sure to describe what you are doing when it crashes:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new?assignees=&labels=Bug&template=bug_report.md&title=[Bug]+Briefly+summarize+your+issue+here

Edited by HebaruSan

On 1/19/2022 at 9:54 PM, Fr8monkey said:

I click CKAN to run it, and it runs for a second and just quits.  Does it for numerous versions.

See my previous comment, we can't help you here with so little information.

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/new?assignees=&labels=Bug&template=bug_report.md&title=[Bug]+Briefly+summarize+your+issue+here

Edited by HebaruSan

Like this?

150458458-e0378d44-b98d-437a-8ff3-82dd97

Because this runs for like 2 seconds and disappears.

I'm guessing the access pathway is blocking it.  I go to the path and 'null' autostart instance is there.  Is that the problem?

Edited by Fr8monkey

Hi!

I've had a request to have SIMPLEX Colonies added CKAN, and I'm happy for it to happen if this able.

https://spacedock.info/mod/2868

Apart of Module Manager, there is a dependency for functionality.  This is MoarKerbals, currently only available in its Beta version (1.12.99) 

https://www.curseforge.com/kerbal/ksp-mods/moarkerbals

Is this on CKAN as well? If it isn't should it be as a dependency?

5 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Hi!

I've had a request to have SIMPLEX Colonies added CKAN, and I'm happy for it to happen if this able.

https://spacedock.info/mod/2868

Apart of Module Manager, there is a dependency for functionality.  This is MoarKerbals, currently only available in its Beta version (1.12.99) 

https://www.curseforge.com/kerbal/ksp-mods/moarkerbals

Is this on CKAN as well? If it isn't should it be as a dependency?

We received the SpaceDock PR in October. It is currently blocked due to MoarKerbals, yes. There needs to be a stable release (on GitHub or SpaceDock) before we can index it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I am suffering from the https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/SSL-certificate-errors problem ever since the upgrade from Ubuntu 21.04 to 21.10.

None of the solutions found at the mentioned github page does any good regarding the issue.

Without CKAN mod handling is just to ugly for my taste.
Please help me restore its functionality.

Edited by Fendrin
Wrong Date of Ubuntu Versions