CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network) - v1.33.2 Laplace - KSP 2 support!

DasSkelett

On 5/10/2022 at 1:09 PM, DasSkelett said:

To work around this,

Thanks for reviewing this. So I have TweakScale and TweakScale  Redistributable. I believe I only had TweakScale before. I clicked "no", right-click reinstalled TweakScale then TweakScale Redistributable then FAR Continued, then closed and reopened CKAN... got the same message. The last couple KSP sessions I just clicked "no" and it seemed to run OK. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, akyyy said:

Why not see currently installed version, and install date? 

Hi, the "AD" string in the "Installed" column stands for "auto-detected", and it means that CKAN thinks those mods were installed manually (by you, not by CKAN). So it doesn't have the information about which versions are installed or when.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, TheMorx said:

I´d like to install Konstruction, but CKAN won´t let me install it. I´m new to modding and dont understand the problem, especially because the confirmed version fits mine.

The red text here means that one of the dependencies isn't marked compatible with your game version:

6mp3YSq.png

If you are comfortable taking the risk of installing anyway, you can tell CKAN to consider game version 1.11 as compatible:

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

just installed ckan, is it supposed to look like this?

Yes, follow https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/User-guide#adding-game-folders to add your game instance.

1 hour ago, Kraken that doesn't exist said:

i watched tutorials and it said there was supposed to be something in there called "auto" so i guess it isnt correct

CKAN tries to autodetect your game instance, primarily from the default Steam install location. If the game is located somewhere else it doesn't find it automatically and you have to add it manually to the list.

I'm trying to install SkyhawkKerbalism, which isn't on CKAN, and which conflicts with other Kerbalism configs, but when I tell CKAN to remove "Kerbalism - Default Config," CKAN tries to remove Kerbalism and Rational Resources Kerbalism as well (presumably because KerbalismConfig is listed as a dependency for Kerbalism and Rational Resources Kerbalism). Is there any way to remove the default config other than by removing all three from CKAN and manually installing Kerbalism and Rational Resources Kerbalism (assuming RRK is compatible with SkyhawkKerbalism)?

Edit: Nevermind, I just removed them and then re-installed Kerbalism manually (RRK appears to be unnecessary).

Edited by AmanitaVerna

• 2 weeks later...

The CKAN client v1.31.0 "IKAROS" is released!

68747470733a2f2f75706c6f61642e77696b696d656469612e6f72672f77696b6970656469612f636f6d6d6f6e732f7468756d622f612f61662f494b41524f535f736f6c61725f7361696c2e6a70672f39363070782d494b41524f535f736f6c61725f7361696c2e6a7067

Changes since v1.30.4

Features

• [GUI] ru-RU translation (#3383#3443 by: nt0g; reviewed: HebaruSan)
  • [GUI] Japanese Localization (#3394 by: utah239; reviewed: HebaruSan)
  • [Multiple] Match underscore in DLL to dash in identifier (#3412 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [CLI] Add versions table option to ckan show command (#3414 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Multiple] Override provides prompt with relationship property, check first recommendation in any_of group (#3426#3436 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Add user guide and Discord to GUI help menu (#3437 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Label ordering buttons (#3416 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Suppress incompatibility warning at game launch (#3453 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [CLI] Options for ckan show to hide sections (#3461 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Multiple] Show context menu on menu key press (#3446 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Theme all buttons, checkboxes, groupboxes, and listboxes (#3489 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Add Release Date column to GUI modinfo versions list (#3481 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Multiple] Global install filters (#3458 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Negated search for name, desc, author, lang, relationships, tags (#3460 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Play Time (#3543 by: PizzaRules668; reviewed: HebaruSan)

Bugfixes

• [Multiple] Clarify that downloading to cache does not install (#3400 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Don't include DLC in modpacks by default (#3417 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Multiple] Set GNOME single window property (#3425 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Multiple] Default install stanza multi-game support, catch missing install_to (#3441 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Escape ampersands in mod info abstract label (#3429 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Don't prompt user to choose conflicting modules (#3434 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Don't prompt to overwrite dirs (#3464 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [ConsoleUI] Keep dependencies in the box in ConsoleUI (#3459 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] French translation bits in label dialog (#3465 by: vinix38; reviewed: HebaruSan)
  • [GUI] Suppress filter updates for unchanged semantic search meaning (#3435 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Use CRLF for resx files (#3471 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Case insensitive installed file lookup on Windows (#3479 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Properly determine the game when cloning instances (#3478 by: DasSkelett; reviewed: HebaruSan)
  • [ConsoleUI] Rewrap ConsoleUI textbox for scrollbar and resize (#3514 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Sort exported modpack relationships by identifier (#3499 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Disable tx timeouts, add tx debug logging, static DLL pattern (#3512 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Only delete diversely capitalized directories once on Windows (#3528 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Get licenses from embedded schema, skip bad modules in deserialize (#3526 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] One concurrent download per host for all hosts (#3557 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Show dependencies of upgrading mods in change set (#3560 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [Core] Resolve virtual module dependencies in same order as non-virtual (#3476 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)
  • [GUI] Fix play time column if no playtime, hide game column if all instances are of the same game (#3570 by: DasSkelett; reviewed: HebaruSan)
  • [Core] Fix tracking of paths with trailing spaces on Windows (#3586 by: HebaruSan; reviewed: DasSkelett)

Notes

• CKAN releases are built in clean-room conditions and do not contain viruses. If your virus scanner reports a problem, it's a false positive. Please report it to the company that produces your virus scanner, not us, since it's their software that's not working properly.
  • This release of the CKAN has not been tested on Mono releases prior to 5.20.0. We highly recommend that Mac and Linux users upgrade to the latest stable release of Mono from mono-project.com. You will need the equivalent of the mono-complete package for your OS.

Release image under CC-BY-SA-3.0, courtesy of Wikipedia

Edited by HebaruSan

A few notable highlights from this release...

• Thanks to GitHub users nt0g and utah239 for translating CKAN into new languages! Your work will make CKAN more accessible to more people.
  • Thanks to @Pizzarules668, this version of CKAN will attempt to track how much time you spend playing the game and display it in various places, if you use the "Launch Game" button in CKAN. It will start from 0 since the tracking didn't exist before, but you can backfill your best guess of past play time (or copy from Steam) by clicking File → Play Time..., then editing the values in the Hours Played column.
  • This release should fix the errors related to transactions that many Windows users have been reporting while trying to install big changesets (usually RP-1). Also to help with big changesets, CKAN will no longer start multiple simultaneous downloads per host.
  • This release should also fix the chronic "scatterer" / "Scatterer" folder problems afflicting many Windows users.
  • There is now a setting to filter out certain filenames from all installs (not retroactive), which can be used to keep MiniAVC out of your GameData, for example.
  • Metadata maintainers can now override the prompt when choosing virtual dependencies by adding `choice_help_text` to a relationship, to provide users help in making choices.
Edited by HebaruSan

Hi, I am on windows 10 home, I download ckan.exe from the newest release (ikaros) and run it, and it just brings up a blank run shell with a blinking cursor which simply sits there and does nothing at all? Edit: yes I do have .net 4.5, and I also tried running it as administrator, no dice.

Edit 2: When I go all the way back to Eddington release, and delete my CKAN folder, that one works and installs CKAN, but if I allow it to update within CKAN to Ikaros, it again closes CKAN and replaces it with an empty blinking run prompt. I will see if Eddington does what I need anyway for now.

Edited by Crimeo

On 7/15/2022 at 2:12 PM, Crimeo said:

blank run shell with a blinking cursor

You could try this from the top of page 17:

You might be able to get a clearer idea of what's taking so long by running it with the verbose flag from a cmd window:

ckan --show-console --verbose

or this for even more messages:

ckan --show-console --debug

How long did you wait? I had to wait almost 2 minutes for something to timeout and continue loading. Probably different issue but I found I had to set the network to "private" not "public" in Windows. Obviously assuming you're on a private network that's secure. 

Hey guys,

I apologize if I have missed this somewhere, but are there any tips on using CKAN with the Steam Deck/Steam OS?  Kerbal is playing awesome, but I miss my beloved CKAN from my windows install.

I know it says CKAN works on Linux in the github, and I've tried to mess around with Mono, but honestly, I'm a linux idiot, only messing with it in passing over the years, getting confused, and just going back to windows.  But, with the Steam Deck, I'm trying to make a legit run of it.  I guess I could always just copy over my files from my working windows install, but I'd sure like to figure it out on the Steam Deck itself.  Desktop mode is no problem, and that's where I installed Mono and it said do that, but now I am stuck again.

Thanks for any help!!

54 minutes ago, be77solo said:

are there any tips on using CKAN with the Steam Deck/Steam OS?

I have no idea whether it's possible, but some web searching suggests you're running a Linux distro based on Arch. Doing anything non-trivial on Arch is not for the faint-hearted, and for transparency's sake we've had repeated serious problem reports from Arch users over the years, but if it's possible, this is what we know about installing on Arch so far:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/wiki/Installing-CKAN-on-Arch

@DasSkelett
Is there any chance of getting a Flatpak of ckan made for Arch Linux? (specifically SteamOS)

ckan is currently un-usable on steam deck without modifying the core OS to install mono (which is set to "immutable" by default) and breaks every time the OS updates. 

41 minutes ago, RB101 said:

@DasSkelett
Is there any chance of getting a Flatpak of ckan made for Arch Linux? (specifically SteamOS)

ckan is currently un-usable on steam deck without modifying the core OS to install mono (which is set to "immutable" by default) and breaks every time the OS updates. 

I happened to look into Flatpaks myself recently, so I might look into it. But I won't give any promises, especially because I found the documentation for the maintainer side severely lacking. I also couldn't find a place where all the existing library packages are listed (like Mono), 'flatpak search' is missing many runtimes/runtime extensions/libraries, and https://flathub.org/ only shows end-user GUI applications :/