CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network) - v1.33.2 Laplace - KSP 2 support!

DasSkelett

10 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

I think the root cause has been identified, and a fix pull request is awaiting code review. Those who would like to help test it can find the test build under the Artifacts dropdown here:

I just wanted to mention that I downloaded this build, and the problem was resolved. Thanks so much!

17 hours ago, Zelda said:

I just wanted to mention that I downloaded this build, and the problem was resolved. Thanks so much!

Downloaded the latest version of ckan, and my client is still crashing when I try to uninstall Zero Mini AVC. Can anyone help?

EDIT: I've tried removing the Zero Mini AVC folder, and to no avail, it still crashes whenever I uncheck install on it.image.pngimage.png

Edited by Clayel
adding additional photo

1 hour ago, Clayel said:

Downloaded the latest version of ckan, and my client is still crashing when I try to uninstall Zero Mini AVC. Can anyone help?

EDIT: I've tried removing the Zero Mini AVC folder, and to no avail, it still crashes whenever I uncheck install on it.image.pngimage.png

Just managed to uninstall the mod, I'll detail what I had to do in order to fix it for me.

First of all, I unchecked the "auto-installed" thing for Zero MiniAVC, and then quit ckan so it would save

Then I updated the "ShowFPS" mod, which was requiring an update and I think messing with something internally

Then I just unchecked the installed button for Zero MiniAVC, and it worked!

On 11/16/2022 at 2:13 PM, HebaruSan said:

I think the root cause has been identified, and a fix pull request is awaiting code review. Those who would like to help test it can find the test build under the Artifacts dropdown here:

I've also installed this version of CKAN (1.31.3) and the issue with updating the metadata is resolved.  

On 11/16/2022 at 7:13 PM, HebaruSan said:

Thats also fixed the issue for me too. Thank you! 

On 11/13/2022 at 8:19 AM, HebaruSan said:

That would have been a good thing to note up front. What problems did you have?

I'm not sure of what issues the current process on the wiki might have but it does seem overly complicated. I see that it looks like Mono in Flatpak is a complicated topic with very few examples to find. However I did find instructions that might help to make an AppImage. While it wouldn't have the easy updates that a Flatpak package would have it would still be a much simpler install and update than the current instructions.

https://github.com/AppImageCommunity/awesome-appimage#deployment-tools-for-net-core-mono-applications

6 minutes ago, Gamingmemes said:

CKAN appears to be broken after i left it for a couple months it cant download mods anymore without crashing and it appears to have a mod waiting to be added but when i click the button it just crashes.

See the previous discussion of this:

1 hour ago, HebaruSan said:

See the previous discussion of this:

But there isnt any discussion about my issue.

Ill repeat it again when i open CKAN it always defaults to when i last had it open before it broke (me searching up KSPIE)
If i click the white box to download it crashes.

The apply changes box is highlited but pressing it also crashes the program.

When i try and close it without doing anything it says if i want to cancel uninstalling zero mini AVC.

@HebaruSan, I have a question,

With the latest mod I created on Spacedock, AngleCan Progression Contracts https://spacedock.info/mod/3160/ANGLECAN Progression Contracts, well, I've had a change of mind.  I'm going to change the name of the mod and release it as AngleCan Achievement Tree.

By doing so on SpaceDock, is this going to cause issues on CKAN, or should I create a new mod altogether?

1 hour ago, theJesuit said:

@HebaruSan, I have a question,

With the latest mod I created on Spacedock, AngleCan Progression Contracts https://spacedock.info/mod/3160/ANGLECAN Progression Contracts, well, I've had a change of mind.  I'm going to change the name of the mod and release it as AngleCan Achievement Tree.

By doing so on SpaceDock, is this going to cause issues on CKAN, or should I create a new mod altogether?

That pull request hasn't been reviewed yet, so you can make changes freely without affecting CKAN:

My CKAN Isn't Responding

I was just  trying to download a group of mods, I went to have lunch, came back, it wasnt responding. I tried waiting for a bit, still no response. I went and reopend CKAN, i tried selecting a mod to download (AVP)(edit: all things now)  And it stopped responding as soon as I clicked the box : https://drive.google.com/file/d/12j5678Ls_QVq8rfMgF45DsL0hwkOTnj8/view?usp=sharing I Feel like I did something wrong when i installed that group of mods:

• SPOCK
  • Bluedog's Design Bureau
  • Deployable Engines
  • Stockalike Station Parts
  • Kerbal Konstructs
  • Reusability Expansion
  • KSC Extended
  • Launchers Pack
  • Modular Launch Pads 
  • Entire Near Future Suite
  • Far Future Technologies
  • Watterfall
  • Realfuels
  • OSSNTR
  • ReStock+
  • Retractable Lifting Surface
  • Simple Adjustable Fairings
  • Smart Parts
  • Tundra Exploration
  • Tundra Space Center
  • Tweakable Everything
  • AVP
  • EVE 
  • Distant Object Enchancer
  • Planetshine
  • Scatterer
  • Camera Tools
  • Parallax 
  • TUFX
Edited by BronzeShoe20968
I didnt have enough info

How soon are we likely to see CKAN's self-update feature offering the new v1.31.3?  (Not nagging, just enquiring. =:o} )

I'll hold off doing any updates or installs until we've got the fix made "official", as it were, just to be safe.