CKAN (The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network) - v1.33.2 Laplace - KSP 2 support!

DasSkelett

I'm having an issue here where I'm trying to re-add an instance that was moved to a different area of my computer.
Here is the error in the console:

11709 [1] ERROR CKAN.GUI.ErrorDialog (null) - InvalidArgument=Value of '-1' is not valid for 'index'.
Parameter name: index
22177 [1] ERROR CKAN.GUI.ErrorDialog (null) - InvalidArgument=Value of '-1' is not valid for 'index'.
227197 [1] ERROR CKAN.GUI.ErrorDialog (null) - InvalidArgument=Value of '-1' is not valid for 'index'.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zozaf Kerman said:

Every time i click an add mod/remove mod button the ckan goes into not responding mode.

See the posts above. One solution is to download the latest CKAN and install it manually, if you don’t already have it of course. 
In my case it just fixed itself for no obvious reason after crashing a dozen times. I think I uninstalled and reinstalled the mod in question that was causing it crash and at some point in that process it fixed itself. It was one of the mods it had asked to reinstall to keep the metadata in sync (or something along those lines).  Not sure if that was a red herring or not though. 

See im on a macos big sur version 11.6.2 . I was trying to download a iva upgrade mod but whenever i press the f9 button, or the + button it didnt work(i tried doing shift and + and just clicking the equal sign but none of them worked) I even kept standard function keys for f1, f2, f3 .... please help

On 4/15/2021 at 9:05 AM, HebaruSan said:

I assume you're in ConsoleUI (and/or on a Mac). Ctrl-d doesn't install a mod, it just downloads the ZIP to CKAN's download cache. To install a mod, press "+" and then F9 on the main mod listing (these hotkeys should be displayed on the bottom line of the window).

I play ksp on a macos big sure version 11. I tried downloading the ksp iva upgrade using ckan but i cant download it even if i use my f9 key or the + sign(i used shift and "=" and then i just spammed "=" and none of them worked) please help.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI, the bot is down. This means new versions of mods aren't being added. We don't need any additional notifications if you happen to notice this. You can follow this issue for background and status:

EDIT: There are some exceptions; mods on SpaceDock will probably still be added, since the webhooks can bypass the Scheduler.

Edited by HebaruSan

On 1/29/2023 at 7:04 PM, HebaruSan said:

FYI, the bot is down. This means new versions of mods aren't being added. We don't need any additional notifications if you happen to notice this. You can follow this issue for background and status:

EDIT: There are some exceptions; mods on SpaceDock will probably still be added, since the webhooks can bypass the Scheduler.

ALL CLEAR: The bot is functioning again; the proximate cause was addressed, and we have identified new dev tasks to improve recovery in instances like this.

8 hours ago, frankieorabona said:

How can I help you with the translation of the file? On the github repository there is no folder to create the various files with the Italian translation...could you add them?

(https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/tree/master/GUI/Localization)

Hi, thanks for wanting to contribute! You don't have to worry about creating folders anymore; the current process for translating is here:

The upside is that as of recently, we use this web site as a UI for translators:

If you add strings that you'd like us to incorporate, please reply here or in the CKAN Discord!

Hello guys,

I'm a bit desperate and I have a problem.  Yesterday I played KSP without any problems and today when I try to start Ckan I get this error message https://imgur.com/a/waCjoqS

The game also cannot be started in any way.  Not via Steam and not via the file path.  is there maybe a trick or a fix for this ?  Or does everything have to be deleted and freshly reinstalled ? With over 100 mods, this is very time-consuming and I only did it 3 months ago because of exactly this problem

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, PaisteP7 said:

today when I try to start Ckan I get this error message https://imgur.com/a/waCjoqS

Windows is telling you "Ein an das System angeschlossenes Gerat funktioniert nicht" ("A device connected to the system is not working") when it tries to read a file. Sounds like there's something wrong with your disk. I'd recommend backing up all your data, buying a new hard drive, then reinstalling everything.

I have a question, how do you get ckan to detect part/other mods that don't include DLL's? I wanted to try and use ckan to check for updates,maybe move my install to it. But it doesn't detect any mods that doesn't utilize a DLL. How does ckan handle this internally? and why doesn't it work on an  existing install? Every one of my mods includes a version file, I thought those were for ckan.

Also is there a way to have  multiple gamedata files, but only one copy of the game? I don't want full copies of the game everywhere. And finally how do you get ckan to start ksp with the steam overlay? I don't want to run the game outside of steam.

11 hours ago, snkiz said:

I have a question, how do you get ckan to detect part/other mods that don't include DLL's?

You can't; the manual install detector only looks for DLLs, probably because it was originally intended to help satisfy dependencies on plugins like Module Manager. There's some discussion of the challenges associated with trying to go beyond DLLs here:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/issues/949

Every one of my mods includes a version file, I thought those were for ckan.

Version files were originally for KSP-AVC:

CKAN adopted them later for certain things since mods were adding them. As you've seen, detection of manual installs doesn't use version files.

Also is there a way to have  multiple gamedata files, but only one copy of the game? I don't want full copies of the game everywhere.

No. A good rule of thumb is that if a feature would require significantly re-architecting the game itself, CKAN probably doesn't do it.

And finally how do you get ckan to start ksp with the steam overlay? I don't want to run the game outside of steam.

Here's one way, but I don't know whether it still works since they added the launcher:

Edited by HebaruSan

On 1/29/2023 at 2:04 PM, HebaruSan said:

I got excited when I saw this, was hoping you had fixed the netkan processor, but apparently not :-(   I see al the backed up workflows are still there, and it is still failing (just tried one)

Is there some way to tell ckan not to try to update a given mod?  I've looked at the wiki, the manual and FAQ, and tried searching this forum topic without luck, but I'm hoping there's something I'm missing.

I'm asking because of Aviation Lights; the last version in ckan (4.1.3) breaks my save, so I either have to use  4.1.2 or use the newer version, Aviation Lights L,  installed manually.  But in either case, ckan wants to update to 4.1.3 (which is not really an update for the L version).  Lisias apparently has a pull request to allow the new version into ckan, but is there anything I can do until that's taken care of?

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Kalessin1 said:

I did notice in Polish translation there is issue when clicking  "in cache" in search filters. The cached mods list is always empty. Counter in filter tab is showing correct number of cached mods.

Thanks, it looks like the translator did not know that these strings could not have spaces:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/blob/56e4217e84b812e9e52af94bf3bfd8efcbe7ca2e/GUI/Properties/Resources.pl-PL.resx#L959-L976

<data name="ModSearchCompatibleSuffix" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>kompatybilne</value>
  </data>
  <data name="ModSearchInstalledSuffix" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>zainstalowane</value>
  </data>
  <data name="ModSearchCachedSuffix" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>w folderze cache</value>
  </data>
  <data name="ModSearchNewlyCompatibleSuffix" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>nowo kompatybilne</value>
  </data>
  <data name="ModSearchUpgradeableSuffix" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>nieaktualne</value>
  </data>
  <data name="ModSearchReplaceableSuffix" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>zastępowalne</value>
  </data>

I presume that you speak Polish; would you by any chance have suggestions for how to translate "is:cached" and "is:newly-compatible" without spaces? I suppose the latter suggests using hyphens instead, but would that be understandable?

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Thanks, it looks like the translator did not know that these strings could not have spaces:

https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/blob/56e4217e84b812e9e52af94bf3bfd8efcbe7ca2e/GUI/Properties/Resources.pl-PL.resx#L959-L976

<data name="ModSearchCompatibleSuffix" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>kompatybilne</value>
  </data>
  <data name="ModSearchInstalledSuffix" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>zainstalowane</value>
  </data>
  <data name="ModSearchCachedSuffix" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>w folderze cache</value>
  </data>
  <data name="ModSearchNewlyCompatibleSuffix" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>nowo kompatybilne</value>
  </data>
  <data name="ModSearchUpgradeableSuffix" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>nieaktualne</value>
  </data>
  <data name="ModSearchReplaceableSuffix" xml:space="preserve">
    <value>zastępowalne</value>
  </data>

I presume that you speak Polish; would you by any chance have suggestions for how to translate "is:cached" and "is:newly-compatible" without spaces? I suppose the latter suggests using hyphens instead, but would that be understandable?

is:cached can be <value>pobrane</value>

is:newly-compatible can be <value>zaktualizowane</value>

It's not perfect translation but in one word it's the best I get. 

Hyphens or underscore would be also understandable even if not grammatically correct.

Edited by Kalessin1

• 1 month later...

Hello, i unfortunately have not found a quick answer.
Maybe someone can help. I use ckan to install and update mods, but when I start the game there are a few mods that do not have the latest version (from GIT). Do I have to update these mods manually or can I add the github repository?