[ANY][0.3.0] More Fuels!

Clamp-o-Tron

5 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

I wonder if that would work in a similar fashion to boil off, because you’d still be loosing usable propellant. 

The CryoTanks implementation of boiloff actually allows for my vision, you can have boiloff produce resources. The goal of this is to reduce dV even more by keeping the weight.

It would have to have tanks for storage of the gelled propellant, which is a bit clumsy, but could work.

8 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

The goal of this is to reduce dV even more by keeping the weight.

Ah. That makes a lot more sense  

Maybe make it a hidden resource?
and, not sure if this is possible, but display the mass of gel in the PAW

Spoiler

But at this rate you’re gonna have to call it Stockalike Fuels, :wink:

which I’m very much OK with, I honestly think it hits a good middle ground  between stock plus cryotanks, and RF

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff

7 minutes ago, Starhelperdude said:

my brain is squared so I don't understand how to enable the oxidiser patch and how to use it

I need help

Go to GameData/StockalikeHypergols/Patches/Optional and remove the .disabled extension from LOX_Boiloff.cfg.disabled.  On windows, there might be a setting somewhere that you have to toggle before it lets you change file extensions.

ModuleManager.log and KSP.log, please.

EDIT

RE: @Spaceman.Spiff's hidden resource idea is possible, it's just hidden very deep in the RESOURCE_DEFINITION parameters, the boolean isVisible will do the trick. Something called UnusableLiquidFuel with that flag = True and a standard density should work!

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

Bimonthly check to see if we are nearing the point where I can ship alcohol out to my kerbs. :P

as always, yes. I've made some things I haven't pushed yet, and am a bit distracted by another (secret!) project.

• 1 month later...

Hemeac’s back, which has given me a kick of motivation.

Expect v0.3 beta sometime tonight.

(Time zone pedantry will not be tolerated :P)

EDIT to avoid spamming the thread: hopefully people notice this, but I'm pushing it back one day.

I had some problems with B9 throwing errors out of nowhere for whatever reason, and it should also give me a bit of time for some more polish.

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron

More Fuels! Version 0.3.0

banner

Lots of bugs still left here, but there's a clear path to fixing all of them. I just ran out of time (hard to do when you have 6 months).

In this, I've:

• Renamed to More Fuels!

• Major rewrite of central features.

• Added RCS fuel switching.

• Added a couple more resources and fuel mixtures.

• Added a Real Names patch (in the Patches/Optional directory) to change stock fuel names to fit with the rest of the mod.

Some known issues persist:

• Currently lacking a system to switch monopropellant to other RCS fuels. Upcoming in 0.3.1.

RCS fuel switching is currently broken for parts with multiple instances of ModuleRCSFx. Upcoming fix in 0.3.1.

• HTP/LF patch appears to be broken. Upcoming fix in 0.3.1.

(Ignore the dozens of B9PS errors you may be getting, they are harmless and are a product of the second listed issue.)

I don't think I can say that I'm proud of how long this took, but here it is for your enjoyment. v0.3.1 coming in less than 2 weeks, assuming I can figure everything out.

GitHub

3 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

More Fuels! Version 0.3.0

banner

Lots of bugs still left here, but there's a clear path to fixing all of them. I just ran out of time (hard to do when you have 6 months).

In this, I've:

• Renamed to More Fuels!

• Major rewrite of central features.

• Added RCS fuel switching.

• Added a couple more resources and fuel mixtures.

• Added a Real Names patch (in the Patches/Optional directory) to change stock fuel names to fit with the rest of the mod.

Some known issues persist:

• Currently lacking a system to switch monopropellant to other RCS fuels. Upcoming in 0.3.1.

RCS fuel switching is currently broken for parts with multiple instances of ModuleRCSFx. Upcoming fix in 0.3.1.

• HTP/LF patch appears to be broken. Upcoming fix in 0.3.1.

(Ignore the dozens of B9PS errors you may be getting, they are harmless and are a product of the second listed issue.)

I don't think I can say that I'm proud of how long this took, but here it is for your enjoyment. v0.3.1 coming in less than 2 weeks, assuming I can figure everything out.

GitHub

At long last!

I think the new name is fitting!

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, CessnaSkyhawk said:

Is this mod still being actively developed? I'm currently working on a new BDB focused tech tree and would love to implement support for your mod as part of it, if it's still being developed.

Oh definitely! To be completely honest with you and the rest of the people in the thread I was kind of intending to let it die a slow, agonizing death.

But now that I know that there’s demand I would be happy to crank up dev again… if not at 100% because of university (not like it ever was lol)- it should be smooth sailing after I get past a single technical problem.

22 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Oh definitely! To be completely honest with you and the rest of the people in the thread I was kind of intending to let it die a slow, agonizing death.

But now that I know that there’s demand I would be happy to crank up dev again… if not at 100% because of university (not like it ever was lol)- it should be smooth sailing after I get past a single technical problem.

If you don't have the time/energy to dev it, I'd be more than happy to do the heavy lifting and try adapting the code myself instead, so long as you are alright with that. Don't want to push you to work on a project just cause one person might want to use it, and anyways, that might allow for a little more flexibility on my tech tree's end in the future...

Edited by CessnaSkyhawk

1 minute ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

The demand is here, the willingness to bear-poke is generally not. :D

Right. I can get it to you in an hour if you can solve the problem with patching multiple instances of ModuleRCSFx using the same ModuleB9PartSwitch. :P

(joking of course, I have to sleep- like I have been doing for the past 12 months)

(self-depreciating jokes do not save me)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi @Clamp-o-Tron

I just wanted to let you know that I've started adapting some parts of More Fuels directly into the Skyhawk Science System, as from what I understand the GPLv3 allows it. It's a much more simplified version (really only has the Aerozine50/Nitrogen Tetroxide combo and the Lox Boiloff & Resource Renaming patches so far, and the only other thing I plan on adding is a rcs switcher between hydrazine and hypergolics), but it's still based on the same basic code. I will make sure that the code adapted from it is still under the license, and all the policies are followed, but if you don't want me to continue, just let me know and I can just remove the functionality from my tree and make something from scratch instead. I just opted to move ahead with it as I hadn't seen much activity and I'd finally reached the point in the SSS's development where I was planning to start implementation. Once I wrap it up, I plan on submitting a PR to the More Fuels Github with whatever fixes/optimizations I do end up making, so that you can make use of them too :)

Edited by CessnaSkyhawk

Noice, thanks for both of you for making and continuing this mod respectively! (just browsing though my following post list) 

i found another very abandoned fuel mod in my follow list if you want to check:

good luck

some info: benjee's shuttle also have hypergolic fuel. So you might want to make a patch to disable the fuel on the shuttle. Tundra Exploration dragon pods also have Ethalox.

Edited by ssd21345

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.