[1.8.0 - 1.12.x] AltimeterAutoHide (v1.4)

todi

About:

A small mod that hides the altimeter during flight to save screen estate.
Move your mouse to the top edge (where the altimeter usually is) to access the recover/abort/gear/etc buttons.
You can temporarily disable the auto-hide function by right-clicking on the altimeter. Right-click again to reenable it.
I recommend using mods like Kerbal Engineer Redux, MechJeb or Speed Unit Annex to display the altitude information in a more space-efficient manner.
If you need even more space: QuickHide does a similar thing for the stock toolbar and the staging list.
Works also well with Draggable Altimeter.

demo.gif

Downloads: GitHub - SpaceDock - CKAN
Links: Source - Issues

Licence: MIT

Edited by todi
compatible with KSP 1.12.x

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

This is great, but is there any way to keep it open, say, for a maneuver such as landing?

Not yet, because I always have Mechjebs altitude info open. But I could add something. Maybe right-clicking to stick/unstick it?

5 minutes ago, todi said:

Not yet, because I always have Mechjebs altitude info open. But I could add something. Maybe right-clicking to stick/unstick it?

I think that would be a good idea as well. Maybe for those interested in the mod because they’d like to have a cleaner screen when on-orbit, and not necessarily because they are running mods with external altitude readouts. 

New Release v1.3 v1.4*

• Added functionality to toggle auto-hide with right click on altimeter.
  • Added option to config.xml to start with auto-hide disabled on flight scene load.

* 1.4 is functionally the same as 1.3 and only exists because I suck at release management

Edited by todi

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.