RasterPropMonitor IVA Challenge For 1.10X

RasterPropMonitor IVA Challenge

Rules Are Simple

1. You Will Need RasterPropMonitor Mod Here:

2. Mechjeb And kOS Are Not Allowed, Must Control it Manually, Other RasterPropMonitor Add-On's Are Allowed

3. You Can Go Use The Map

4. Any Command Pods Including Part Mod, Just Make Sure It Supports RasterPropMonitor

5.Making History DLC Pods Are Also Allowed, Download This: (Dont worry it works for 1.10)

Challenges:

1. IVA To Sub Orbital Orbit And Back - Easy

2. IVA To Low Kerbin Orbit And Back (BONUS: EVA For 1 Minute) - Easy

3. IVA To The Mun, Land And Back To Kerbin - Medium

4. IVA To Duna And Back To Kerbin - Medium

*More Challenges Soon, These Are Just The 4 Challenges for now*

Done?

Tell Us Your Story And What Part Mod You Used!

sorry if there are no badges, i dont know how to make one

Wanna do Stock IVA Instead? Well you can now, i rebooted this challenge anyways

Edited by miguelsgamingch
Stock Is Now Allowed

I completed an IVA Mun landing on a fully stock KSP install just yesterday, inspired by the resurrected ancient IVA thread. I landed on the Mun in IVA mode, with bonus Kerbin rendezvous and docking between my departure / landing stage and the command module. I found that the orbital parameters window that has been part of stock KSP for a few patches now gives just enough information to do all this without using the map screen. I captured the entire mission on video but still need to edit it into something presentable.

Would this mission be acceptable for the current challenge, even though I did not use the RPM mod?

13 minutes ago, QF9E said:

I completed an IVA Mun landing on a fully stock KSP install just yesterday, inspired by the resurrected ancient IVA thread. I landed on the Mun in IVA mode, with bonus Kerbin rendezvous and docking between my departure / landing stage and the command module. I found that the orbital parameters window that has been part of stock KSP for a few patches now gives just enough information to do all this without using the map screen. I captured the entire mission on video but still need to edit it into something presentable.

Would this mission be acceptable for the current challenge, even though I did not use the RPM mod?

Sadly It doesn't, its mostly a rpm iva challenge.

Edited by miguelsgamingch

3 hours ago, miguelsgamingch said:

Sadly It doesn't, its mostly a rpm iva challenge.

That is disappointing. I particularly like to see how far I can get using just the stock parts, with their often limited functionality. I also don't quite understand why you insist on using a mod, given that the challenge can also be completed stock. So I would appreciate it if you would extend this challenge to stock builds.

Edited by QF9E

Thank you, @Lewie. Here's my mission video:

The video consists of uncut game footage, sped up to keep the length within limits - the actual mission took about 1 hour and 20 minutes. As you can see, I stayed in IVA mode at all times during flight. I encountered one minor glitch: at about 8:07 into the video my speed display gets garbled, so I save the game and reload immediately, which solves the problem. After reloading I was briefly in the default view mode, but I switched to IVA immediately.

This is a fully stock KSP 1.8.1 base game - no mods, no DLC. It's a copy of the game that I specially curated for a Caveman playthrough, and which I have repurposed for this mission.

Edited by QF9E

7 hours ago, Kerminator1000 said:

So I have done this and was able to do an orbital mission. But alas when I went to my screenshots folder, none of them had saved. So I have no proof of my orbital mission. I was able to find a few pictures of my recent sub-orbital hop:

8r6kqRb.png

xKP1Dmi.png

UCnfS7p.png

:D 

Hi there. just noticed the reboot and figured I could try to see if this is a valid entry?

I do have to confess two things:

1. I DID use Mechjeb 2, but only to point the craft upward during my ascend from kerbin.. I also could've used the blue Radial out button. It would have accomplished the same thing. I didn’t use it as an autopilot or  anything.
2. I also returned to Kerbin, but I did not render those clips. There is a screenshot in the end where you see the capsule splashed down.  

If this is a hard no, well.. than I understand that.. :)

Mods

• RPM
  • ALCOR
  • KSPVR
  • Mechjeb 2 (only used to point craft into an radial out direction)
  • ASET Props packMaking history interior pack
  • HonkHogan making history IVA pack for russian re-entry capsules

Edited by xendelaar

4 hours ago, xendelaar said:

Hi there. just noticed the reboot and figured I could try to see if this is a valid entry?

I do have to confess two things:

1. I DID use Mechjeb 2, but only to point the craft upward during my ascend from kerbin.. I also could've used the blue Radial out button. It would have accomplished the same thing. I didn’t use it as an autopilot or  anything.
2. I also returned to Kerbin, but I did not render those clips. There is a screenshot in the end where you see the capsule splashed down.  

If this is a hard no, well.. than I understand that.. :)

Mods

• RPM
  • ALCOR
  • KSPVR
  • Mechjeb 2 (only used to point craft into an radial out direction)
  • ASET Props packMaking history interior pack
  • HonkHogan making history IVA pack for russian re-entry capsules

Yes it does, i have seen this video two times And Your VR IVA Is accepted. :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.