Is the thread title correct?

linuxgurugamer

"LGG personal log: 2020 Oct 4 Sunday:  As so many people were complaining, spent the day updating topic titles.  Didn't feel so good at the end of the day.  Only figured out an hour ago I definitely updated some titles twice or more.  Things are bad.  Considering a career (another one?) in politics.  Also worried the corners of the room are becoming non-Euclidean."

Yup... the moar things get idiot-proofed, it seems the moar idiots that come out of the woodwork...

Like, why... during the worst weather, are the roads moar packed with traffic, than in beautiful weather?... vOv

Anyway, on-topic, I for one DO appreciate you updating whatever titles werent already.

I spend LOTS of time daily, just skimming the forum threads for updated mods, and clear, concise titles help soooo much.
(I even know 80% of the time which mods are hosted on SD or not... I only open updated mod titles to grab them, if I know they are NOT listed on SD... I do weekly scrubs of SD updated mods, so if I know its on SD, I can skip opening the thread)

With my OCD, I LOVE when thread titles are kept to this format:

[1.7.3-1.8.1] Realism Overhaul v12.8.1 [17 April 2020]

Clear, concise, and no extra text to distract...
tho, I prefer the KSP version to be in [ ], and the date to be in ( )... :P

Edited by Stone Blue

Can there be a post edited not just by the OP but by everyone?

Then maybe a thread of two posts, each one containing a table.

The first post (editable by OP only) - a table with columns like "Mod", "Version confirmed by maintainer (no guarantees)", "Version confirmed by user (no guarantees at all) and the user".

The second post is similar, but editable by anyone.

So, the anyones add remarks like "1.9.1 @TheUser1 @TheUser2".

Then OP from time to time copies the changes into the OP post.

Maybe such thread for all actual KSP mods at all.

Can a poll be editable by OP?

Maybe a poll in every mod thread "Which KSP version is compatible with this mod?" - and let the users place votes.
When the next KSP release is released, add a new item in the poll and remove the oldest one.

So, there will be a poll on top of every thread like:
1.10.1 (User1, User2, User3)
1.9.1 (User4, User2)
etc

If some version is officially confirmed by the maintainer, add some mark like *** or colorize it.
*1.8.1* (Maintainer,User3, User1)

Edited by kerbiloid

On 10/2/2020 at 4:30 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Sometimes I wonder if people can even read.

Fixed it for you.

One of the biggest problems with people new to forums (not just this one) is they think they are the first person to ever have their problem, so they don't bother searching for an answer before posting.   

I think its good of you to take the time to update the thread titles.  I do check them, but I also check for what changed either in the OP or at the end the thread when there are updates.

I use CKAN. So when I see an update available I use the CKAN link to the forum thread to check what changed. Mainly to decide if it looks potentially save breaking to decide if it's worth doing a full game backup before applying updates.  Some like ReStock are always potential game breakers, but something like Click Through Blocker shouldn't be unless you go and completely change the functionality.

2 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Can there be a post edited not just by the OP but by everyone?

Not directly, I suppose you could set up a Google Docs page, but then you are opening it up to abuse.

Maybe such thread for all actual KSP mods at all.

CKAN lists the majority, but keeping track of ALL mods is rather difficult.

Can a poll be editable by OP?

Maybe a poll in every mod thread "Which KSP version is compatible with this mod?" - and let the users place votes.
When the next KSP release is released, add a new item in the poll and remove the oldest one.

So, there will be a poll on top of every thread like:
1.10.1 (User1, User2, User3)
1.9.1 (User4, User2)
etc

If some version is officially confirmed by the maintainer, add some mark like *** or colorize it.
*1.8.1* (Maintainer,User3, User1)

Lots of good ideas, but none are practical

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.