Middle Ground between Pollux and Clydesdale

Something that's been driving me a bit crazy as of late. My shuttle-style craft are in need of something between the Pollux and Clydesdale boosters, especially since they use the 3.75m-diameter parts for the external tank. The Pollux is the correct diameter and power, but has no thrust vectoring. The Clydesdale has that thrust vectoring, but is too large and very overpowered.

What I propose is the addition of a downsized Clydesdale; 1.875m in diameter with slightly better thrust than the Pollux and the addition of thrust vectoring. There could be some very minor aesthetic differences to help set it apart, but for all intents and purposes, it's just a smaller Clydesdale.

2 minutes ago, JMBuilder said:

Something that's been driving me a bit crazy as of late. My shuttle-style craft are in need of something between the Pollux and Clydesdale boosters, especially since they use the 3.75m-diameter parts for the external tank. The Pollux is the correct diameter and power, but has no thrust vectoring. The Clydesdale has that thrust vectoring, but is too large and very overpowered.

What I propose is the addition of a downsized Clydesdale; 1.875m in diameter with slightly better thrust than the Pollux and the addition of thrust vectoring. There could be some very minor aesthetic differences to help set it apart, but for all intents and purposes, it's just a smaller Clydesdale.

Just install TweakScale and scale the Clydesale to 1.875m, it will automaticly reduce thrust, weight and fuel capacity.

As an alternative, install Modular Segmented SRBs and stack your own 1.875m SRB.

If you are ok with modding and want something even simpler than scaling parts or installing new parts, you can use a simple MM patch to give the Pollux the same gimbal range as the Clydesdale.

@PART[Pollux]
{
    %MODULE[ModuleGimbal]
    {
        gimbalTransformName = thrustTransform
        gimbalRange = 1
    }    

}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.