I found a workaround for the fuel transfer bug! (does it work for others too?)

king of nowhere

The accursed fuel transfer bug. After you transfer fuel between two tanks, you cannot transfer fuel to and from those tanks anymore, until you take extreme measures like reloading the game or going back to the tracking station. makes refueling a big hassle.

but I have stumbled upon a way to deal with it. it works for me, and hopefully it will also work for you.

the workaround is simply to select another fuel tank that's not involved in the transfer.

Say you want to transfer fuel from tank A to B, but you cannot because of the bug. You press "out" on A, but it does nothing. So now you stop A, and you open tank C, which is already full (keep open A and B). At this point, with A B and C selected, you press "out" on A. And it works. I discovered it a week ago, and it worked every time. thought it was worth sharing

2 hours ago, The Space Dino said:

Hovering over the resource you want to transfer in the resource tab seems to work as well for me

Yes, i saw this tip elswhere on the forums, but can't remember who from though.  Just moving the cursor over the tabs in the top right 'resets' it so you can transfer again.

My original 'fix' was to switch vessels, but this is much easier.

3 hours ago, The Space Dino said:

Hovering over the resource you want to transfer in the resource tab seems to work as well for me

works for me too. which just saved my ass when i had to quickly transfer fuel before dropping a tank during a tylo landing, and there was no full tank to select to use my own fix

i was wondering what was up with fuel transfers and why it felt glitchy. i found an entertaining work around for it, just involves 2 mods. KIS and KAS. I just make an EVA out of it, put the correct plug and socket items in place, run a fuel line and bob makes a happy face lol. I wonder when it will get patched out?

10 hours ago, pandaman said:

Yes, i saw this tip elswhere on the forums, but can't remember who from though.  Just moving the cursor over the tabs in the top right 'resets' it so you can transfer again.

My original 'fix' was to switch vessels, but this is much easier.

Was from HansAcker, he also made a video, its pretty much the easiest/fastest workaround.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.