Poor Pilot, Better Plane

It was neat to see someone else flying my plane!  I'm curious if you plan with that and other ones to put them though more advanced maneuvers eventually?  With the action groups, the Seuss can be completely turned into a stunt plane.

Interesting also about rudder. I find the rudder not the best in KSP, and tend to pretty much turn by banking.

Just now, Klapaucius said:

I'm curious if you plan with that and other ones to put them though more advanced maneuvers eventually? 

Part of my idea ( still forming it) was to either do episode 2 with all the action groups etc suggested as my skills flying them improve OR to try out other types for a few episodes then come back to the first set and get more advanced ( possibly with some split screen editing etc if I get ambitious... as that’s happening quite a bit in season 2 of back to basics) 

All feedback and suggestions are gratefulky appreciated, I may be filming and editing but the series is nothing without you lot, your craft, hard work and suggestions !

4 hours ago, seyMonsters said:

All feedback and suggestions are gratefulky appreciated, I may be filming and editing but the series is nothing without you lot, your craft, hard work and suggestions !

The format works well. I can't wait to see the next episodes, though am concerned how my zompi-Kraken plane will fare in the context of "not reading instructions"...

5 hours ago, dnbattley said:

The format works well. I can't wait to see the next episodes, though am concerned how my zompi-Kraken plane will fare in the context of "not reading instructions"...

I think the ‘unique drive mechanism’ category is going to require reading instructions ;-) 

Another Great episode! Interesting take on my Boomerang; you're spot on that it could be fine-tuned some more . The setup was designed for efficient output- the motors are always at 100%, you control the angle of the propellers to generate/maximize thrust. Cool to see it in action :cool:

The others were a serious collection of awesome. The last one really reminds me of the Seydlitz from the Battletech genre. It was a small, balls-to-the-wall aerospace fighter.

Edited by lucho

3 hours ago, seyMonsters said:

KSP | Poor Pilot Better Plane | 03 | Mass Kerbal Transport

Thank you to all those who have submitted craft and let me fly around (poorly) in them, please enjoy Episode 3 where we look at moving around all your Kerbals at once...

Re Squire submarine plane: You need to flare up to land it. Pretty much with any seaplane in KSP, if you enter nose first, even at a shallow angle, you will break something. Also, you need to turn on the afterburners for it to work well underwater.  Those are in an action group. Almost everything I build has action groups.

5 hours ago, Klapaucius said:

Re Squire submarine plane: You need to flare up to land it. Pretty much with any seaplane in KSP, if you enter nose first, even at a shallow angle, you will break something. Also, you need to turn on the afterburners for it to work well underwater.  Those are in an action group. Almost everything I build has action groups.

Yes I messed the landing, but it really is a nice craft ( hence why I wheeled it to the shore) it would be a nice entry for people to get into submersible craft and hopefully a few viewers will follow the link to KerbalX and give it a go ( with the instructions it’s provided with)

hopefully my failures motivate some people to give it a go themselves!

On 11/22/2020 at 5:14 AM, seyMonsters said:

KSP | Poor Pilot Better Plane | 05 | That’s no Plane!

Thank you to all those who have submitted craft and let me fly around (poorly) in them, this episode we have craft that really are not that plane like..... if that makes any sense!

Very interesting episode! It's cool to see what you can do with stock parts- there's more than one way of getting off the ground

Edited by lucho

On 11/28/2020 at 5:02 AM, seyMonsters said:

KSP | Poor Pilot Better Plane | 06 | Back to The Beginning!

Well guess its time to have a look back at some of the craft from the first episode.... and maybe fly them somewhere a little different?

My jaw dropped when you tried to land the Ya-1 at 70 sideways to the runway xD but very nice flying in all the plants.

On 11/30/2020 at 6:30 PM, kane8907 said:

The final Ya-1 is quite interesting. I like that plane

It's the same one as the first video. I think it can be a bit spooky at first with unfamiliar controls and deliberately roll-inducing rudder but it's a very stable aircraft and balanced too.

https://kerbalx.com/pds314/Ya-1

9 hours ago, NH04 said:

Could you please consider making another Poor Pilot Better Plane video on helicopters? Thanks! Enjoyed the series, btw.

Will be doing some more episodes in a little while, hoping to have a few more suggestions of craft... 

While waiting I’m also doing the ‘Test Pilot’ series which is a slightly different style 

37 minutes ago, seyMonsters said:

hoping to have a few more suggestions of craft... 

Well... I have found one... haven't flown it (I play on console, and therefore cannot download/upload craft), and it isn't mine... but it looks cool... if you are interested...

https://kerbalx.com/Boreas/H-13C-Hornet

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.