Kerbal Space Program 2 Krakens

Dr. Kerbal

It maybe a little early for KSP2 Krakens but it good to be prepared. Have you found any KSP2 Krakens?! Report here and send images and other useful insights fo this new KSP2 Kraken. Here on this topic. Report now! (When KSP2 is released)

You might be 11 months early for that my guy

Edited by Guest
replaced "buddy" for "my guy" so that I don't feel superior

Shouldn't be any Krakens* with the new spacial graph** should just be beautiful unique snowflake explosions as ship exceeds structural design.

*famous last words

** assume spacial graph means ship doesn't move the universe moves around it.

13 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

It maybe a little early for KSP2 Krakens but it good to be prepared. Have you found any KSP2 Krakens?! Report here and send images and other useful insights fo this new KSP2 Kraken. Here on this topic. Report now! (When KSP2 is released)

Definitely too early, but I have had the same idea for threads that are too early: What did you do today in KSP2, Post your KSP2 pictures here, and What do you think about KSP2.  Anyone know where the timewarp button is?

Developer Kraken

This Kraken was discovered by linuxgurugamer. This Kraken is what caused KSP2 to be released in 2021. However not much is known. The Kraken doesn’t not show its face and is a mysterious one.

39 minutes ago, Lewie said:

Seeing as the kraken in ksp was usually a product of the wonky unity engine physics, there *hopefully* won’t be any in ksp2. 

Considering KSP2 uses the Unity Engine, and will presumably need similar workarounds to that engine's limitations in regards to world size and part velocity, I don't see any reason to think a Kraken-like bug cannot rear its head in KSP2.

My opinion: If KSP had been released "when it's done" like KSP2 is presumably (hopefully) going to be, we'd have never had the term "Kraken" for a bugs. Which I guess would be sad. But anyway, I expect we won't have any in KSP2 simply because they'll be found before we even touch the game.

Edited by Superfluous J

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

First kraken found.  It has totally eaten the release, forcing the developers to spend an extra year and a half on development

how do i like comments

5 hours ago, Lewie said:

Wait what?! When was this announced?

5 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

From the very beginning, iirc.

Yes it was that very first announcement. And after some gnashing of teeth and a cooling down period everybody realized that there's nothing wrong with Unity, compared to every other option out there.

The problem isn't Unity. The problem is video game engines. And it's not a problem that can be solved by a single indie title's AAA sequel.

Edited by Superfluous J

20 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

Yes it was that very first announcement. And after some gnashing of teeth and a cooling down period everybody realized that there's nothing wrong with Unity, compared to every other option out there.

The problem isn't Unity. The problem is video game engines. And it's not a problem that can be solved by a single indie title's AAA sequel.

Huh...I never heard about that. Well, live and learn, I guess.

On 10/6/2020 at 9:48 PM, Dr. Kerbal said:

KSP2 Kraken Discovered Duna Poles and Light Configuration Eror.

this kraken is seen as the developers show the poles of Duna the wrong way.

Somewhere there's an explanation to why Duna axis was tilted 90 degrees, but the devs knew about it immediately. Something about time and marketing if I remember correctly.

7 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

Somewhere there's an explanation to why Duna axis was tilted 90 degrees, but the devs knew about it immediately. Something about time and marketing if I remember correctly.

IIRC it was entirely due to "it looks better that way" from marketing and nobody with the knowledge to correct them noticing.

Basically what happens in every movie and tv show ever, with lack of noticing instead of nobody actually caring.

23 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

IIRC it was entirely due to "it looks better that way" from marketing and nobody with the knowledge to correct them noticing.

Basically what happens in every movie and tv show ever, with lack of noticing instead of nobody actually caring.

That sounds about right over all. But if I'm remembering correctly, Nate call out the error immediately and was overruled with the afore mentioned quote "it looks better that way". 

Just thinking about that exchange, I'm wondering if it was a bunch of little things like that started the ball rolling for the hoopla with Star Theory and KSP2? That is a conversation for another thread though. 

Outside the obvious game is 1.5 year late. 

Orion pulse nuclear sounds a bit like an kraken generator. pulsed g force spikes who will increase as the magazine empty out. 
lX7BQnr.png
Design above looks dangerous, way to easy to snap the neck with the 4 probes or small landers, then the engine and magazine will crash into the front part of the ship, as I understand destroying the magazine will get the nukes to detonate so it will not be much left of the ship :)