Rescale! on 1.10 ?

Hey!

I just tried to update KSP to version 1.10, but i couldn't get Rescale! mod to work.

I can't tell if the problem is from Sigma, Kopernicus, or the mod Rescale! itself (I doubt it)

Did anyone of you managed to make it work ? Or maybe there's other mods that does the same thing ? I like playing on 6.4x and it's hard for me to go back to stock size.

Thanks !

• 3 weeks later...

Eh, it's a valid (if vague) question.

I had trouble with Sigma Dimensions myself - you might try blowing away your KSP folder entirely (as in, delete it from the Steam folder and THEN hit the uninstall button in Steam,) installing it fresh, and then installing SD/RESCALE/Kopernicus BE. Do NOT transfer configs or anything else over.

It's working fine for me now, but there was some sort of crud leftover that made it not work in very weird and curious ways.

I’ve got a rescaled system working in 1.10, but not Rescale! itself- it’s a rescaled version of the Beyond Home planet pack. Make sure you have the right version of Kopernicus for 1.10 as well as the latest versions of Sigma and Rescale and if you do, try reinstalling them in case something was broken by the move to 1.10.

• 4 months later...
On 10/31/2020 at 6:26 AM, jimmymcgoochie said:

I’ve got a rescaled system working in 1.10, but not Rescale! itself- it’s a rescaled version of the Beyond Home planet pack. Make sure you have the right version of Kopernicus for 1.10 as well as the latest versions of Sigma and Rescale and if you do, try reinstalling them in case something was broken by the move to 1.10.

May i pick your brain about a Beyond Home 2.5x scale? Currently trying to do that myself but its not scaling, Rhode still shows a 50km atmo height. Did you just edit the SD global config to 2.5x or did you find a config somewhere?

23 minutes ago, Mtshaw113 said:

May i pick your brain about a Beyond Home 2.5x scale? Currently trying to do that myself but its not scaling, Rhode still shows a 50km atmo height. Did you just edit the SD global config to 2.5x or did you find a config somewhere?

There's a special config for Beyond Home to rescale it to JNSQ (2.7x) scale:

https://github.com/Morphisor244/Beyond-Home-Rescale

I don't have that particular copy of KSP any more but from what I remember you need Beyond Home, Kopernicus* and Sigma Dimensions, then put that config in the GameData folder and it should work- Rhode will be ~1575km in diameter if it does and the atmosphere should go up to ~85km.

* You don't need the bleeding edge Kopernicus any more, there are versions of the normal Kopernicus for 1.10.x and 1.11.x which work fine.

Edited by jimmymcgoochie

15 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

There's a special config for Beyond Home to rescale it to JNSQ (2.7x) scale:

https://github.com/Morphisor244/Beyond-Home-Rescale

I don't have that particular copy of KSP any more but from what I remember you need Beyond Home, Kopernicus* and Sigma Dimensions, then put that config in the GameData folder and it should work- Rhode will be ~1575km in diameter if it does and the atmosphere should go up to ~85km.

* You don't need the bleeding edge Kopernicus any more, there are versions of the normal Kopernicus for 1.10.x and 1.11.x which work fine.

In that link it says its scaled to 3.5 (to match JNSQ), I wanted 2.5, however I think 3.5 will work perfectly fine, thank you. Do I just drop that config into the GameData folder, or does it go inside a mod's folder..?

16 minutes ago, Mtshaw113 said:

In that link it says its scaled to 3.5 (to match JNSQ), I wanted 2.5, however I think 3.5 will work perfectly fine, thank you. Do I just drop that config into the GameData folder, or does it go inside a mod's folder..?

It’s scaled 3.5x compared to Beyond Home’s normal size, but Rhode (the home planet in BH) is a bit smaller than stock Kerbin; with the 3.5x rescale, Rhode’s diameter increases to 1575km which is ~2.6x stock Kerbin (600km) and a smidgen smaller than JNSQ Kerbin (1600km). Just put that config in the GameData folder (like I said before :P) and it should work.

10 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

It’s scaled 3.5x compared to Beyond Home’s normal size, but Rhode (the home planet in BH) is a bit smaller than stock Kerbin; with the 3.5x rescale, Rhode’s diameter increases to 1575km which is ~2.6x stock Kerbin (600km) and a smidgen smaller than JNSQ Kerbin (1600km). Just put that config in the GameData folder (like I said before :P) and it should work.

Okay thank you! I just wanted to double check the installation lol, so I did all that and it kind of worked? In the tracking Station it says rhodes atmo ends at like 143,821 m, and the Eq. radius is 5,530 km. So it scaled but I think it scaled it a bit too far lmao

11 minutes ago, Mtshaw113 said:

Okay thank you! I just wanted to double check the installation lol, so I did all that and it kind of worked? In the tracking Station it says rhodes atmo ends at like 143,821 m, and the Eq. radius is 5,530 km. So it scaled but I think it scaled it a bit too far lmao

Did you also add a Rescale! config? If so, delete that- you don’t need it. My calculations say 5530/1535=3.5 so I suspect you’ve added a 3.5x rescale on top of the 3.5x rescale.

19 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

Did you also add a Rescale! config? If so, delete that- you don’t need it. My calculations say 5530/1535=3.5 so I suspect you’ve added a 3.5x rescale on top of the 3.5x rescale.

I dont think I added a Rescale! config? I tried downloading a rescale continued config but for some reason Windows said it was an empty zip and couldnt open it, so I gave up on that so I think I'm good, but yeah not exaclty sure whats happening.. Someone in another thread suggested using an old 2.5x config from the original Rescale so I'm trying that (and got rid of the 3.5x config you provided so it doesnt scale twice) so we'll see if that works.

EDIT: Okay so an old 2.5x scale config worked, atmo is at 84.5 km and Eq. Radius is 2,813km so I think thats fine and dandy, I think. The atmo pressure seems low at 0.65 so not sure about that. And KSC is floating above the ground a good 50-100m lol

Edited by Mtshaw113

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.