Most historically accurate rocket or spaceplane!

Lately I have built some replica crafts, especially for challenges. It's a new way of building for me, following a preexistend design, and is teaching me a lot about creative building.

Soviet N1-L3 Moon rocket

Spoiler

nusoZIA.png

Soviet Soyuz 7K-LOK lunar spacecraft and LK lunar lander

Spoiler

Fn3WjxK.png

qb9kkvd.png

Soviet Luna 17 lander + Lunokhod rover

Spoiler

9n2w6Ch.png

NASA MEM martian lander

Spoiler

9piPDgz.png

I made an almost real scale Black Arrow replica- nearly identical in size and even in performance in the first two stages compared to the original. This rocket turned out to be really similar in size to stock parts (2m first stage compared to 1.875m parts from Making history and 4’6”- 1.37m- second stage which closely matched the 1.25m stock parts) which made things much easier.

I also made a replica of the hypothetical ‘Black Prince’ rocket that used the first two stages of Black Arrow as its second and third stages, with a larger Blue Streak missile as the first stage for increased payload capacity.

The Black Arrow alone can do Mun or Minmus land and return missions using a small and lightweight probe, and the Black Prince with a much larger probe made it to Gilly’s surface and returned with fuel to spare.

Also on the theme of historical accuracy: all four Black Arrow rockets were launched from the Woomera test range in Australia; there’s an additional DLC launch site called Woomerang which is clearly named after Woomera (and boomerangs, also Australian) on Kerbin. It’s about as historically accurate as you can get in stock KSP to launch a Black Arrow from Woomerang!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2020 at 6:49 PM, ugomuse said:

Can it be planes too?

yup

when I thought shuttle was the same as Saturn, I also thought:antiradial::radial: was the same as:prograde::retrograde:

On 10/8/2020 at 9:25 PM, Entropian said:

I made a Horten Ho 229 sorta-replica today:

Ho%20229%201.png?dl=1

Ho%20229%202.png?dl=1

I CANT SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE AAAAAAGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOONNNNNNNYYYYYYYY

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.