Hi. And the drain needs a stop button.

The drain for the ESA update needs to stop when needed to stop. The drain willl drain an entire tank. But what if you want to drain like 10 units. Well. You can’t! And what if that causes problems? The drain part needs a stop button.

I’m talk g about the part that lest you drain fuel.

I just want to add that Advanced Tweakables are a feature of the base game, they are stock.

One of the most useful features hidden in plain sight.

Autostruts and extremely useful context menus, it pains me that its not enabled by default since its so easy to miss, even for some veteran players.

Edited by Boyster

How are we supposed to know where and how to turn on advanced teakabels. Begginers players don’t know that. So it should be a regular thing! I didn’t even find the advanced tweekables for 9 months. And it lptook an hour for maple to ring the button!

not to toot my own horn, but also pointing out that my mod "FullAutoStrut" requires "Advanced Tweakables" to be enabled, and offers an easy enable button within the mod if it isn't, so you won't have to go searching for said game setting.

22 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

How are we supposed to know where and how to turn on advanced teakabels. Begginers players don’t know that. So it should be a regular thing! I didn’t even find the advanced tweekables for 9 months.

That is actually a reasonable question. I did not know about it for a long time, either. I'm not sure why it is hidden like that.

23 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

How are we supposed to know where and how to turn on advanced teakabels. Begginers players don’t know that. So it should be a regular thing! I didn’t even find the advanced tweekables for 9 months. And it lptook an hour for maple to ring the button!

Absolutely.  I see nothing in the Advanced Tweakables options that would be intimidating for new players.  Just the opposite, not having some of the not-actually-that-advanced features is going to be detrimental.  The whole functionality of the Advanced Tweakables toggle being an option should be removed, or at the very least defaulted to 'on'.

7 hours ago, Geonovast said:

Just the opposite, not having some of the not-actually-that-advanced features is going to be detrimental.

I agree, Advanced Tweakables should be enabled by default, and let the experienced players turn it off for an increased challenge. (but doing so will also break certain mods)

On 10/11/2020 at 4:39 PM, Dr. Kerbal said:

Not going to get any argument from me, or many others, on this one. I don't think it should even exist. Those things should just be in the game.

Well, the ostensible purpose of that setting is to avoid "information overload" for newbies in the context menus.

But I agree, of course. This isn't the right game to play if you want to avoid information overload.

9 hours ago, bewing said:

Well, the ostensible purpose of that setting is to avoid "information overload" for newbies in the context menus.

If they're insisting on keeping that menu, there could at least be some kind of indicator on the PAW that more options are available by doing <instructions on enabling advanced tweakables>

51 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

If they're insisting on keeping that menu, there could at least be some kind of indicator on the PAW that more options are available by doing <instructions on enabling advanced tweakables>

Is there a page somewhere that lists what all the tweakables are, what they do, and how to turn them on/off?

23 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I'm working on a mod to address the issue of  options which, while global, are only available from inside a game

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.