"...while flying over Kerbin's KSC" science experiments?

Well, I'm currently trying to get more science in Kerbin.
Lately I discovered that you can get "flying" situation under the KSC's mini-biomes (e.g. Kerbin's Launchpad, Kerbin's FlagPole, etc.).
This was done by an accident: Moving toward the FlagPole at high speeds but low enough to not break any parts. And collecting science while doing so.
However, any subsequent attempt to get to the "flying" situation (i.e. just don't touch the ground) would result me in taking the biome under it (i.e. Kerbin's Shores).
I'm a Science hardcore, I'll go any lengths to extract science from a planet to the last bit. So please tell me if it's possible to get "flying" situation in the mini-biomes.

According to the wiki you're not supposed to be able to get "while flying over" data from the minibiomes (and I've never seen it myself), but it does occasionally happen if you perform experiments while doing stuff like jumping, using ladders, or standing on top of vehicles. 

So if you're farming science because you need to unlock stuff it's probably more hassle than it's worth, but if you're just trying to get every possible science report for the hell of it then it might be worth messing around and seeing if you can find up with a reproducable way of doing it. 

AFAIK, the only way to consistently get the "flying over minibiomes" science is by a kerbal taking an EVA report while jumping. The kerbal needs to be exactly at the peak of their jump. I've never managed to do it with any other science device. Logically, that would imply that you could do it by making a science craft that could jump something less than a meter off the ground -- and then performing the careful timing of taking the experiment while you are more than half a meter in the air. If you are in the air, but too close to the ground, you will only get surface results. And if you get too high, then you will only get "flying over Shores" data. So, there's a minimum and maximum altitude, and you will have to time your experiment taking very carefully, and your craft will have to survive all the bouncing around.

And I'd really be interested myself in knowing what the maximum altitude was that you can bounce and still be in the proper minibiome.

Edited by bewing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.