Mass Kraken Attack

I've just discovered that many, probably all, of my surface bases are subject to Kraken attacks; specifically they're violently rejecting contact with the ground. I have the WorldStabilizer addon, but it does not seem to be working. I'm going to attempt to use the "Set Position" cheat, but I think I might have to just upgrade them all to space stations, or even recall them directly to Kerbin. Is there is solution to mass Kraken attacks, that does not involve tampering with my save file?

Having surface bases or vessels "jump" on loading has been a problem for a long time. The devs continually tweak it to try to make it go away, so the exact behavior changes quite a lot with each new version. Last I knew, it was mostly resolved in the stock game.

2 hours ago, Zosma Procyon said:

I've just discovered that many, probably all, of my surface bases are subject to Kraken attacks; specifically they're violently rejecting contact with the ground.

If you want you can try this https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/180083-ksp-110x-parking-brake-030-2020-07-20/

After you turn it on it seems to keep the vessels/bases' on the ground and 100% not moving at all.

Its a really useful mod.

It works with any parts touching the ground except when only the engines touch the ground and Kerbals EvA.

Edited by Boyster

4 minutes ago, Boyster said:

If you want you can try this https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/180083-ksp-110x-parking-brake-030-2020-07-20/

After you turn it on it seems to keep the vessels/bases' on the ground and 100% not moving at all.

Its a really useful mod.

It works with any parts touching the ground except when only the engines touch the ground and Kerbals EvA.

I deleted WorldStabilizer, which is really outdated, and some of the problem went away. I think about half of my bases are unsalvageable, and I'm just going to beam them back to Kerbin. Interestingly, they're all rather old, at least 10 in game years old. One of my newer base simply smashed to pieces when I Ioaded it.

2 hours ago, Zosma Procyon said:

I deleted WorldStabilizer, which is really outdated, and some of the problem went away. I think about half of my bases are unsalvageable, and I'm just going to beam them back to Kerbin. Interestingly, they're all rather old, at least 10 in game years old. One of my newer base simply smashed to pieces when I Ioaded it.

I cant recall much but when they updated the terrains World Stabilizer was a life saver mod for me.

It saved most of my bases and i was really glad i found it.

I been using Parking Brake, its a bit i guess more effective and maybe lighter mod and so far everything seems fine, bases and crafts are firmly planted on the ground.

It removes that constant sliding that sometimes is even gameplay breaking, you cant scan etc while moving too fast in slopes or even in flat terrains.

Also they dont seem to jump much after loading, but ofcourse the first time you enable it they must be stabilized and be on the ground...lol...

After that, they seem to be fine and not even move an inch.

Edited by Boyster

13 hours ago, Fierce Wolf said:

My Gilly bases are the funniest, every time I load it jumps up and take half an hour to come down again to a stop

Yeah I don't do Gilly bases anymore. Just build a space station that can land to satisfy a contract, then put it back in orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.