Kerbal Space Program: “Shared Horizons” is now available on consoles!

UomoCapra

6vzd5qFFzUiwApvnW-BOJafq29jJjn-Tp7jc60WJ

Hello everyone!

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition: Shared Horizons Update is now available on consoles! Enjoy KSP’s latest major update, where we have partnered with the European Space Agency (ESA) to bring you brand new content, including the ESA space-suit texture, new parts and variants, and two of their most iconic and groundbreaking missions into the game. Gear up, fuel up and prepare to share horizons with ESA and KSP!

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition: Shared Horizons is aimed to continue with our efforts to enrich the KSP experience. Build a kerbalized version of the renowned and powerful Ariane 5 heavy launch vehicle, visit comets and push the limits of space exploration with a host of new additions to the game that not only will give you more things to do, but also includes a bunch of bug fixes and quality of life improvements. And that’s not all; as a pretty neat bonus, we have included all of the parts that were added in the PC’s Moar Boosters update!!!  These include, the RE-M3 "Mainsail" Liquid Fuel Engine and the S2-17 "Thoroughbred" Solid Fuel Booster, among several others!

Let’s go through some of the update’s highlights below:

ESA Missions

Thanks to our collaboration with ESA, put yourself to the test and carry out KSP versions of the historic BepiColombo and Rosetta missions! Drop a lander module on the surface of a comet and visit the innermost planet of the solar system to study its magnetosphere and surface characteristics, all in the name of science. Best of all, the History and Parts Pack and Breaking Ground expansions are not required to play these missions!

j3Hluw9wlihIt0lGLd2jrtb1cvvaWkEOywseftgl

pBdXyGFHuscO4e7S-0T63RHncwjkX6zl58ylyRIx

Comets

In order to make the Rosetta mission possible, comets now roam the Kerbolar  System. With beautiful tails and larger dimensions than regular asteroids, comets appear in all game modes and can be taken on in new career mode contracts to detect and visit them. Be vigilant... you might even see one that is passing through from interstellar space! 

VFZ35NOdVOvcrELvXQOKBkpsp_1Z7gQ9puP_kApv

New Parts and Variants

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition: Shared Horizons includes several new parts and variants to match ESA’s style! Decorate your vehicles with a variety of flag parts that can be attached to your liking, take the brand new Magnetometer Boom along with the MTO and MPO to carry out scientific experiments on Moho or beyond, or capture asteroids and comets with the Advanced Grabbing Unit Jr., a smaller more versatile version of the “Klaw”. Additionally, there are also new variants of some tanks, SRBs, the “Poodle” Liquid Fuel Engine, and decouplers; plus, fairings have not only new variants, but some updated functionality as well.

Moar Boosters!!! SRBs

A range of new solid rocket boosters have been added to the game. From the tiny .625m stack size Mite to the titanic 2.5m wide, 144ton Clydesdale, these new boosters will offer a range of versatile solid-fuel options.

wJRzVXgxr08z3iEExpzsabdHKkHxVTjO8G0uOjY8

And more!

To learn more you can read the full Changelog here:

====Changelog - BaseGame ONLY (see below for History and Parts Pack and Breaking Ground changelog)=====
+++ Changes
* ESA collaboration missions implemented for base game.
* Added ESA missions tutorial.
* Added Comets.
- Added two new contracts for comets.
- Added surface sample science experiment for comets.
- Comets can explode into smaller fragments while entering a CB's atmosphere.
+++ Parts
+ New parts
* "Advanced Grabbing Unit Jr." With 2 variants.
* "Magnetometer Boom" science experiment.
* Flag parts, these new parts can be placed on fairings by disabling Fairing Expansion.
* Moho Planetary Observer (MPO) Probe.
* MTM Stage
* FTE-1 Drain Valve to drain resources from attached parts
* S2-33 "Clydesdale" Solid Fuel Booster.
* S2-17 "Thoroughbred" Solid Fuel Booster.
* F3S0 "Shrimp" Solid Fuel Booster.
* FM1 "Mite" Solid Fuel Booster.
+ Variants
* ESA Variants
- FTX-2 External Fuel Duct
- S1 SRB-KD25k "Kickback" Solid Fuel Booster
- Rockomax X200-32 Fuel Tank
- Rockomax X200-16 Fuel Tank
* Silver Variants
- R-11 'Baguette' External Tank
- R-4 'Dumpling' External Tank
- R-12 'Doughnut' External Tank
- Advanced Grabbing Unit
* Orange Variants
- Protective Rocket Nose Cone Mk7
- Kerbodyne S3-14400 Tank
- Kerbodyne S3-7200 Tank
- Kerbodyne S3-3600
* Fairings size 1, 2 and 3. Now available in white, black and white, orange, silver and gold
* “TD” decouplers and “TS” separators – White and yellow
* Struts – White
* RE-I5 "Skipper" Liquid Fuel Engine – Shroud, Truss Mount, and Bare
* RE-M3 "Mainsail" Liquid Fuel Engine – Full, Mid, and Bare
* Protective Rocket Nosecone Mk5A – Black and White, Orange, and ESA
* "Rockomax X200-16 Fuel Tank – Black and White, Orange, and ESA
* RE-L10 “Poodle”- Single Bell
+ Revamped Parts
* R-11 'Baguette' External Tank
* R-4 'Dumpling' External Tank
* R-12 'Doughnut' External Tank
* Advanced Grabbing Unit
* Struts
* 1.25 m and 2.5 m Service Bays
* BACC “Thumper” Solid Fuel Booster
* Kerbodyne S3-14400 Tank
* Kerbodyne S3-7200 Tank
* Kerbodyne S3-3600 Tank
+++ Fairing updates:
* Ability to fine tune fairings or use the existing, snap mode. This behavior reacts to the editor's angle snap.
* Ability to have open-ended fairings, this is, to have uncapped fairings.
* Fairings can now not auto expand in SPH/VAB via a new PAW option.
+++ Changes to suits:
* New ESA collaboration suit.
* Preview and select suits for Kerbals via the suit selector icon (coat hanger).
* Updated the Future suit glow color picker position to prevent it from hovering the kerbal preview.
+++ Bugfixes
* Fixed corrupted FX for the Scanner Arms Laser when being viewed in flight mode.
* Fixed the G-force meter display when Kerbals are in command seats in flight mode.
* Fixed the Muna 2 vessel spawning broken and displaced after crashing Muna 1 into Minmus in the "To the Mun Via Minmus" stock mission.
* The Rendezvous with Agena node now properly triggers when approaching Atlas Agena during the Meet Me in Zero G mission.
* Additional Stability Enhancers no longer appear on the Launch Pad when launching Soy-Ooze 2 and Muna 2 in Missions throughout gameplay.
* "Sides" slider in a fairing's PAW now show whole number integers.
* Command pod icons no longer overlap UI elements when viewed in the VAB.
* Mainsail engine center of thrust fixed.
=================================== History And Parts Pack =================================== 
*New THK “Pollux” Solid Fuel Booster
====================================== Breaking Ground ======================================= 
+++ New Parts
* S-062 Fan Shroud
* S-12 Fan Shroud
* S-25 Fan Shroud

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition: Shared Horizons is a free Update and will be downloaded automatically if the auto-update function is on.

Remember that if you encounter any bugs and/or issues, you can help us out by reporting them in the Console Project within our Bugtracker and/or the Technical Support Thread for consoles in our Forum. This will help us with any future patches for the game.

Happy launchings!

yay, perfect timing. and 4 free right? I already spent my monthly gaming budget for Cyberpunk 2077 pre and Cities Skylines Industries dlc. Out of desperation because nothing else thrilling was left out there I could throw my money after. If you now want 15 Euros for the thing I must renegotiate with my accountant and this always ends in I get what I want but must go through an essay of things we could buy per year without my stupid waste of time hobby. I´d never counter this wigging arguing that we could do all these things anyways also with 15 Euro less and that the real reason we don´t do them was apparently that we don´t want to do them really bad. Believe me, it´s better not to provoke the accountant. But this thing is free, everybody will be happy, all good, thank you...it is free right?... 

Yes! I played with it today and I got to play with new ways for kerbal to have fun! Geez! I love this update. However, I wish you could change the exact color. But I can’t download mods. I’m console player.

17 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

6vzd5qFFzUiwApvnW-BOJafq29jJjn-Tp7jc60WJ

Hello everyone!

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition: Shared Horizons Update is now available on consoles! Enjoy KSP’s latest major update, where we have partnered with the European Space Agency (ESA) to bring you brand new content, including the ESA space-suit texture, new parts and variants, and two of their most iconic and groundbreaking missions into the game. Gear up, fuel up and prepare to share horizons with ESA and KSP!

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition: Shared Horizons is aimed to continue with our efforts to enrich the KSP experience. Build a kerbalized version of the renowned and powerful Ariane 5 heavy launch vehicle, visit comets and push the limits of space exploration with a host of new additions to the game that not only will give you more things to do, but also includes a bunch of bug fixes and quality of life improvements. And that’s not all; as a pretty neat bonus, we have included all of the parts that were added in the PC’s Moar Boosters update!!!  These include, the RE-M3 "Mainsail" Liquid Fuel Engine and the S2-17 "Thoroughbred" Solid Fuel Booster, among several others!

Let’s go through some of the update’s highlights below:

ESA Missions

Thanks to our collaboration with ESA, put yourself to the test and carry out KSP versions of the historic BepiColombo and Rosetta missions! Drop a lander module on the surface of a comet and visit the innermost planet of the solar system to study its magnetosphere and surface characteristics, all in the name of science. Best of all, the History and Parts Pack and Breaking Ground expansions are not required to play these missions!

j3Hluw9wlihIt0lGLd2jrtb1cvvaWkEOywseftgl

pBdXyGFHuscO4e7S-0T63RHncwjkX6zl58ylyRIx

Comets

In order to make the Rosetta mission possible, comets now roam the Kerbolar  System. With beautiful tails and larger dimensions than regular asteroids, comets appear in all game modes and can be taken on in new career mode contracts to detect and visit them. Be vigilant... you might even see one that is passing through from interstellar space! 

VFZ35NOdVOvcrELvXQOKBkpsp_1Z7gQ9puP_kApv

New Parts and Variants

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition: Shared Horizons includes several new parts and variants to match ESA’s style! Decorate your vehicles with a variety of flag parts that can be attached to your liking, take the brand new Magnetometer Boom along with the MTO and MPO to carry out scientific experiments on Moho or beyond, or capture asteroids and comets with the Advanced Grabbing Unit Jr., a smaller more versatile version of the “Klaw”. Additionally, there are also new variants of some tanks, SRBs, the “Poodle” Liquid Fuel Engine, and decouplers; plus, fairings have not only new variants, but some updated functionality as well.

Moar Boosters!!! SRBs

A range of new solid rocket boosters have been added to the game. From the tiny .625m stack size Mite to the titanic 2.5m wide, 144ton Clydesdale, these new boosters will offer a range of versatile solid-fuel options.

wJRzVXgxr08z3iEExpzsabdHKkHxVTjO8G0uOjY8

And more!

To learn more you can read the full Changelog here:

====Changelog - BaseGame ONLY (see below for History and Parts Pack and Breaking Ground changelog)=====
+++ Changes
* ESA collaboration missions implemented for base game.
* Added ESA missions tutorial.
* Added Comets.
- Added two new contracts for comets.
- Added surface sample science experiment for comets.
- Comets can explode into smaller fragments while entering a CB's atmosphere.
+++ Parts
+ New parts
* "Advanced Grabbing Unit Jr." With 2 variants.
* "Magnetometer Boom" science experiment.
* Flag parts, these new parts can be placed on fairings by disabling Fairing Expansion.
* Moho Planetary Observer (MPO) Probe.
* MTM Stage
* FTE-1 Drain Valve to drain resources from attached parts
* S2-33 "Clydesdale" Solid Fuel Booster.
* S2-17 "Thoroughbred" Solid Fuel Booster.
* F3S0 "Shrimp" Solid Fuel Booster.
* FM1 "Mite" Solid Fuel Booster.
+ Variants
* ESA Variants
- FTX-2 External Fuel Duct
- S1 SRB-KD25k "Kickback" Solid Fuel Booster
- Rockomax X200-32 Fuel Tank
- Rockomax X200-16 Fuel Tank
* Silver Variants
- R-11 'Baguette' External Tank
- R-4 'Dumpling' External Tank
- R-12 'Doughnut' External Tank
- Advanced Grabbing Unit
* Orange Variants
- Protective Rocket Nose Cone Mk7
- Kerbodyne S3-14400 Tank
- Kerbodyne S3-7200 Tank
- Kerbodyne S3-3600
* Fairings size 1, 2 and 3. Now available in white, black and white, orange, silver and gold
* “TD” decouplers and “TS” separators – White and yellow
* Struts – White
* RE-I5 "Skipper" Liquid Fuel Engine – Shroud, Truss Mount, and Bare
* RE-M3 "Mainsail" Liquid Fuel Engine – Full, Mid, and Bare
* Protective Rocket Nosecone Mk5A – Black and White, Orange, and ESA
* "Rockomax X200-16 Fuel Tank – Black and White, Orange, and ESA
* RE-L10 “Poodle”- Single Bell
+ Revamped Parts
* R-11 'Baguette' External Tank
* R-4 'Dumpling' External Tank
* R-12 'Doughnut' External Tank
* Advanced Grabbing Unit
* Struts
* 1.25 m and 2.5 m Service Bays
* BACC “Thumper” Solid Fuel Booster
* Kerbodyne S3-14400 Tank
* Kerbodyne S3-7200 Tank
* Kerbodyne S3-3600 Tank
+++ Fairing updates:
* Ability to fine tune fairings or use the existing, snap mode. This behavior reacts to the editor's angle snap.
* Ability to have open-ended fairings, this is, to have uncapped fairings.
* Fairings can now not auto expand in SPH/VAB via a new PAW option.
+++ Changes to suits:
* New ESA collaboration suit.
* Preview and select suits for Kerbals via the suit selector icon (coat hanger).
* Updated the Future suit glow color picker position to prevent it from hovering the kerbal preview.
+++ Bugfixes
* Fixed corrupted FX for the Scanner Arms Laser when being viewed in flight mode.
* Fixed the G-force meter display when Kerbals are in command seats in flight mode.
* Fixed the Muna 2 vessel spawning broken and displaced after crashing Muna 1 into Minmus in the "To the Mun Via Minmus" stock mission.
* The Rendezvous with Agena node now properly triggers when approaching Atlas Agena during the Meet Me in Zero G mission.
* Additional Stability Enhancers no longer appear on the Launch Pad when launching Soy-Ooze 2 and Muna 2 in Missions throughout gameplay.
* "Sides" slider in a fairing's PAW now show whole number integers.
* Command pod icons no longer overlap UI elements when viewed in the VAB.
* Mainsail engine center of thrust fixed.
=================================== History And Parts Pack =================================== 
*New THK “Pollux” Solid Fuel Booster
====================================== Breaking Ground ======================================= 
+++ New Parts
* S-062 Fan Shroud
* S-12 Fan Shroud
* S-25 Fan Shroud

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition: Shared Horizons is a free Update and will be downloaded automatically if the auto-update function is on.

Remember that if you encounter any bugs and/or issues, you can help us out by reporting them in the Console Project within our Bugtracker and/or the Technical Support Thread for consoles in our Forum. This will help us with any future patches for the game.

Happy launchings!

They fixed how you can’t do physical timewarp when in burns. Or did they. Please tell me they did. 

I am Very happy that 1.10 has come out. Altough i am not ESTATIC about ESA joining the Kerbal universe (100% my opinion) i am SUPER ESTATIC about the Mite and Clydesdale boosters finally making it into gameplay. I play Kerbal Space program Enhanced Edition and the better i get at it, the more there is to the game than i realized. i've played this game for about 2 years now and just recently got the V 1.6 and V 1.7 and i LOVE THESE UPDATES. before 1.6 and 1.7, IT WAS SUPER HARD TO GET AN ACCURATE REPRESENTATION ON ROCKET SIZE AND WHAT I SHOULD BUILED BUT THESE TWO UPDATE MAKE IT MUCH MUCH EASIER FOR ME... To the Kerbal Space Program Fans and KSP developers working extremely hard on KSP2 i have one thing to say... GOD SPEED KSP2 =D @SQUAD @UomoCapra  #Thanks Squad #Licking Minmus and Falling into Jool #I Hope the squad developers get the chance to read this message #I hope KSP2 doesn't get delayed again

Time to sacrifice Kerbals once more, FOR SCIENCE! - DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE 

On 10/14/2020 at 12:37 PM, RealKerbal3x said:

I'm not a console player, but I'm happy for you guys! :D

@RealKerbal3x When you are a console player for KSP, the struggle is REAL. all the cpu players get all the Goodies and all the console players can do is cry and weep until the update comes to them. :D

Also i am a console player.

Edited by DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE