What Is Your ONE ALL-TIME FAVORITE Feature Of Kerbal Space Program 2?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What is your FAVORITE feature of Kerbal Space Program 2?

• Interstellar travel
    • Futuristic Technology
    • Improved User Interface
    • Improved Kerbal Space Center
    • Multiplayer
    • Colonizations of Planets
    • Improved Graphics

Important: Hi its me DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE. I decided to CREATE a poll on favorite features of KSP2. i am creating this Poll for free use and to collect data from Die-hard KSP Fans (like me) and create a graph to see the best feature of KSP2. And no im not involved in the creation of KSP2 although i DO have some Hookups Who do know about KSP2 development. Anyways, feel free to use the poll, it really helps both me , you, other fans, and the developers who moderate and review these forums. Sincerely- DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE

true but what i mean by favorite feature is that what you already know by the KSP2 trailer as well as speculation and the gritty little details and hints the developers slowly inch to give us. not only does it pass the time and gather data speculating about it but it also makes things less boring and more KERBAL uhh i mean fun.

My vote would have gone for "Adventure Mode" if it had been included, but I voted "Colonisation" because it's the closest match.

I almost exclusively play career, and that has eventually after a very long time started to pall. There's just not enough motivation to keep going after I've more or less maxed out the tech tree, and I've run out of good-enough ideas for new careers for do-overs. Adventure Mode OTOH sounds really interesting, with infrastructure construction, resource extraction, research, growth, and so on. This ought to keep things interesting for much longer than Career in KSP1. 

So I'm really looking forward to that. It sounds exciting enough that I don't even know if I'll ever get around to interstellar stuff -- setting up a self-sufficient kerbal town on Laythe sounds like just the kind of thing I would enjoy!

I really hope that in 2030 (A.K.A when i believe KSP3 will come out) they put a REALLY GOOD story mode. That would make KSP3 sell like nuts and (of course) maybe KSP3 could be in 4K since there are already 8K T.V (guess what, THEY'RE 8000 DOLLARS!!!) but not very affordable. by 2030, 4K will be the new normal and 1080 pixels will be like what 720 pixels is today. And if KSP2 DOES NOT PUT THIS FEATURE I AM ABOUT TO NAME THEN I BELIEVE THAT KSP3 SHOULD PUT.  I think KSP3 should have a space race mode if KSP2 doesn't have it but it might get installed into KSP2 by updates. These are just my theoretical predictions on what KSP3 might have and although its not 100% (after all, there might not even be a KSP3) (lets not jinx it though) that KSP3 will have these features, it is pretty likely though as well as other features that i haven't named yet.

I barely ever leave atmosphere in KSP 1, so I'm betting I'll get the most out of the new graphics. The colonization might finally give me reason enough to finally learn (Kerbal universe) orbital mechanics and see what I can do with planes on more planets!

On 10/26/2020 at 9:24 AM, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

I really hope that in 2030 (A.K.A when i believe KSP3 will come out) they put a REALLY GOOD story mode. That would make KSP3 sell like nuts and (of course) maybe KSP3 could be in 4K since there are already 8K T.V (guess what, THEY'RE 8000 DOLLARS!!!) but not very affordable. by 2030, 4K will be the new normal and 1080 pixels will be like what 720 pixels is today. And if KSP2 DOES NOT PUT THIS FEATURE I AM ABOUT TO NAME THEN I BELIEVE THAT KSP3 SHOULD PUT.  I think KSP3 should have a space race mode if KSP2 doesn't have it but it might get installed into KSP2 by updates. These are just my theoretical predictions on what KSP3 might have and although its not 100% (after all, there might not even be a KSP3) (lets not jinx it though) that KSP3 will have these features, it is pretty likely though as well as other features that i haven't named yet.

Interesting.

My favourite feature of KSP2 is the use of reasonably-sized fonts and the REPURPOSING OF THE CAPSLOCK KEY.

My TWO favourite features of KSP2 are ...

Edited by swjr-swis
nobody expects

If we don't get anything else, my vote would be for colonies. The single biggest issue with KSP is the "why" of landing on planets and going places. Once you go for flags and footprints, that's about all you can do. Science and ISRU have gone a long way in KSP 1, and colonies will be the next big step in KSP 2. 

On 10/26/2020 at 8:24 AM, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

Snipped for giant font size+ wall of text

I think a space race against NPC space programs is an excellent idea! I wonder if the same could be accomplished with the multiplayer system.

12 hours ago, SkyHook said:

If we don't get anything else, my vote would be for colonies. The single biggest issue with KSP is the "why" of landing on planets and going places. Once you go for flags and footprints, that's about all you can do. Science and ISRU have gone a long way in KSP 1, and colonies will be the next big step in KSP 2. 

True. and that is one of the reason why KSP2 is including Colonization. without colonization, all you an do is plant a flag, take some samples, and enjoy the sights. there is no real reason to spark players to visit other planets. Actually now that i think about it, I believe that there will be larger ISRU machines, larger ore tanks, and NEW ISRU types for fuels such as metallic hydrogen but that is still not confirmed.

1 hour ago, Kernel Kraken said:

I think a space race against NPC space programs is an excellent idea! I wonder if the same could be accomplished with the multiplayer system.

I think that space race idea is a great idea. i also think it would be fun to bomb another players KSC because you need to explore more than they do. i can imagine what Danny 2462 has in mind... I wonder if there will be BLACK HOLES!!!

check out this video i edited out of the KSP2 trailer. it will appear blank for the first 5 seconds and it will switch to the trailer and start! Enjoy! :D

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3i88DasMFVVdpbKx6

Edited by DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE

1 minute ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

I'm not playing on a console...

That explains a lot... :D :sticktongue: when you are a console player, the struggle is REAL! cpu players always get the good updates and we have to wait half a year later before we get them... but i am a prideful KSP console player

HOLY MOTHER OF BIG BOLD CAPITAL TEXT! 

Great thread, though. My favourite feature is definitely the colonisation. It opens up so many possibilities for gameplay, not to mention modding! Imagine what the wonderful people here in this forum and on modding sites will do when colonisation and interstellar travel are default features of the game. :blush:

On 10/31/2020 at 10:46 AM, Ocewatt said:

Great thread, though. My favourite feature is definitely the colonisation. It opens up so many possibilities for gameplay, not to mention modding! Imagine what the wonderful people here in this forum and on modding sites will do when colonisation and interstellar travel are default features of the game. :blush:

Idk why but everyone always defines me by capital words and bold text. ima need to change my nickname. By the way, we need more votes for interstellar travel!!! we cant let the Colonization vote win! CAST YOUR VOTE TODAY!!!

Okay, that... Felt... Awesome!!! :cool:

On 10/27/2020 at 6:47 PM, Kernel Kraken said:

I barely ever leave atmosphere in KSP 1, so I'm betting I'll get the most out of the new graphics. The colonization might finally give me reason enough to finally learn (Kerbal universe) orbital mechanics and see what I can do with planes on more planets!

Lemme guess... are you an Aviation kind of guy? don't worry, i love Aviation as much as i love space, Although right now the Aviation industry is collapsing due to COVID-19 And cancelled aircraft orders. And before colonization was possible, all you could do was land on the planet which was kinda boring at the very least. @Kernel Kraken how many planets and moons have you landed on and returned?

On 10/27/2020 at 7:50 PM, Dirkidirk said:

Interesting.

Interesting Indeed. :cool: I suspect that by 2040, 8k T.V's Will cost less than 1000 dollars and 4k will be the new normal. so i suspect that if KSP2 is not 4K, then KSP3 will definitely be 4K and will also be digital because of sony's announcement of PS6 and future consoles accepting digital download games only and not actual disks or copies anymore. its an exciting time to be alive. :D:science:

On 10/31/2020 at 10:46 AM, Ocewatt said:

Great thread, though. 

Thanks! appreciate the compliment!

11 hours ago, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

Lemme guess... are you an Aviation kind of guy? don't worry, i love Aviation as much as i love space, Although right now the Aviation industry is collapsing due to COVID-19 And cancelled aircraft orders. And before colonization was possible, all you could do was land on the planet which was kinda boring at the very least. @Kernel Kraken how many planets and moons have you landed on and returned?

You're absolutely right. For a while I wanted to become an aerospace engineer until I realized that I both A: suck at math and B: loathe math. For the question on celestial bodies? I landed on the Mün once or twice, but never returned successfully. 

9 hours ago, Kernel Kraken said:

You're absolutely right. For a while I wanted to become an aerospace engineer until I realized that I both A: suck at math and B: loathe math. For the question on celestial bodies? I landed on the Mün once or twice, but never returned successfully. 

Trick question: Which variant of the Boeing 777 carries the most passengers (a.k.a max pass)?

This is an aviation question by the way...

Edited by DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE

On 11/4/2020 at 8:12 AM, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE said:

Trick question: Which variant of the Boeing 777 carries the most passengers (a.k.a max pass)?

This is an aviation question by the way...

I don't have the slightest clue. I just enjoy building planes in KSP, don't really know the specs of any actual airliners.