KSP Website Download Timeout Error

Hey all,

I've been trying to download the relatively new 1.10.1 version of KSP off of the kerbalspaceprogram.com website - relatively new, as I haven't played the game in a while (most recent save is 1.7.1) and am trying to get back into it. Unfortunately, I've had a very strange error where any attempt to download off of the website (be it the .zip, installer, or even for the operating systems I don't have) simply times out. I've been downloading KSP off the site for, like, seven years so I'm kinda surprised that this is a new problem for me.

Y'know, this page:

Spoiler

unknown.png

After clicking any of the above links, or any on the page really, I get the good 'ol loading pinwheel that keeps spinning until I get some variation of a timeout error:

Spoiler

unknown.png

The issue persists if I open the download link in a new tab. I typically use Google Chrome, but to test other browsers I tried signing into Firefox and even gave Microsoft Edge a shot - no dice. 

I tried opening inspect element and directly clicking the link, which didn't work. Other than that, I've tried all the conventional "turn it off and on again" tricks that mitigate 99% of computer errors: resetting my computer & wifi, reinstalling Chrome, disabling adblock/firewall, and heck, I even opened console and checked if anything was corrupted on my computer. I also ran network diagnostics, of course, and its expert opinion stated that the issue probably isn't on my end, for what it's worth:

Spoiler

unknown.png

unknown.png

I'm very perplexed by this problem, given I've never had any issue downloading KSP from my website account before. I suppose if this persists I could finally transfer my game to Steam, but I have refrained from doing that for as long as I've had KSP, just since I find it easier to install mods this way, and have multiple independent KSP games with various amounts of graphics mods, as opposed to just one. Oh, and on the topic of steam, this afternoon my computer downloaded a few high-MB updates for some games I own, so I think it's safe to rule out a unilateral download failure on my end.

I know over-the-internet troubleshooting like this can be pretty confusing, but if anyone could help me fix this error, I would greatly appreciate it!

Edited by Mobius

You seem to have already tried everything that i would suggest to fix this issue, i can't really help you in that regard. But i must point out that you can have multiple instances of KSP from Steam. All you need to do is to rename the Steam-installed KSP folder to something else than "Kerbal Space Program", this will prompt Steam to install a fresh copy of whatever KSP version you want, and there will be no kind of lock blocking you from running a ksp.exe file that isn't registered with Steam directly :)

I do this and it works flawlessly for my RSS/RO/RP1, general modded, and dev builds of KSP. 

Also I do think that you failed to upload your images correctly. They need to be hosted on another site.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.