Xenon and On

On 11/13/2020 at 6:58 AM, Monkeyz743 said:

If Nate or any dev is still here, I have one question. Are we going to get custom painted parts(If you are allowed to disclose such lucrative information). 

Maybe I want a rainbow ship, or a red one, maybe a blue AND red on.

Yes, the color controls in the VAB allow for application of color on a whole-vehicle or a per-part basis. You select your default color scheme when you start a new game, and your vehicles automatically have that color scheme. But I've found that you can make some incredibly cool-looking vehicles by changing the color of individual parts. For example, this candy corn rocket: 

image.png

1 hour ago, Nate Simpson said:

Yes, the color controls in the VAB allow for application of color on a whole-vehicle or a per-part basis. You select your default color scheme when you start a new game, and your vehicles automatically have that color scheme. But I've found that you can make some incredibly cool-looking vehicles by changing the color of individual parts. For example, this candy corn rocket: 

image.png

The silhouette on the wall looks like a STS stack placed over a normal rocket, or vice versa.

PS, candy corn, ick...

8 hours ago, Nate Simpson said:

image.png

This is the most minor thing ever, but the cursor appears to be more like the "pointer" that you see on macs especially, rather than the "arrow" that is default in KSP1, which might be in the earlier UI screenshot. I've also got to say what on earth could candy corn rocket ever do? It has what looks like a Tokamak nozzle on the core stage, with either thermal nozzles or more Tokamaks on the boosters.

That thing below the Mk1-3 (which looks excellent, even painted in garish red) looks like the old rcs tank model. I'm glad that you're bringing back the classics, revamped!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 6:04 PM, Nate Simpson said:

image.png

@Nate Simpson One of the simplest QoL features of the builders (VAB etc.) would be ability to disable UI for showcases of the crafts, like this one. Please consider adding it.

On 11/24/2020 at 12:04 PM, Nate Simpson said:

image.png

OMGOODNESS!!!

Astounding WORK MAN!!!

at the rate this game is going, No man's sky's gonna be a thing in the past. Looking at this is gonna make me tear up XD XD XD XD

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Iron Kerman said:

@Nate Simpson Just to clarify will we have to build factories for all fuel apart from liquid fuel and oxidiser? Also how big would these have to be?

Yep, there's a fuel factory for every discrete type of fuel (though the basic phase 1 fuel factory replicates the old Convert-o-tron's ability to synthesize a couple of basic fuel types).

As you'll see soon, the sizes for some of the more advanced fuel factories are quite large.

4 hours ago, Nate Simpson said:

Yep, there's a fuel factory for every discrete type of fuel (though the basic phase 1 fuel factory replicates the old Convert-o-tron's ability to synthesize a couple of basic fuel types).

As you'll see soon, the sizes for some of the more advanced fuel factories are quite large.

Oooo:o

Are we going to be seeing a dev diarie or feature that goes into more details about ISRU and colonies?

Im excited!

12 hours ago, Nate Simpson said:

@Nate SimpsonWill we be able to look inside the factories? Like walk around in them? :o Also YAY! PS i understand if you can't say.

Edited by Guest

12 hours ago, Nate Simpson said:

@Nate SimpsonAlso More YAY!1wslzi5_d.webp?maxwidth=1520&fidelity=gr

Edited by Guest

13 hours ago, Nate Simpson said:

HOW SOON

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/21/2021 at 12:04 PM, Caleb Kerman said:

look at those graphics

just amazing

I'm actually kind of worried.  People keep going on about how terrible KSP's graphics are and they're already barely tolerable for most mortal computers.  I hope the system requirements aren't ridiculous

5 minutes ago, Corona688 said:

I'm actually kind of worried.  People keep going on about how terrible KSP's graphics are and they're already barely tolerable for most mortal computers.  I hope the system requirements aren't ridiculous

It’s mostly just the physics rather than the graphics. KSP is also rather unoptimized. A lot of players just tone down the graphics to compensate.