The Wheels on the bus go round and round but turn in wrong directions

I have a set of tanks aligned horizontal to the ground, on wheels for a base I'm building. I want to land it, then drive it around to dock with the core. I put the wheels on in mirror symmetry in the SPH, but when I take it for a test drive, the wheels turn in opposite directions. I.e., when I want to go left, the wheels on the right side turn to the left the way they should, but the wheels on the left side turn to the right. So the beast ends up going nowhere. What am I doing wrong? 

So of course right after I post my question I find the answer: I had a probe core mounted in the center, and didn't change the control point. Once I set the docking port as the control point, everything worked just fine. I'm leaving this up in case anyone else runs into this conundrum. 

• 1 month later...

An additional tip:  Some probe cores and command modules allow you to change the reference direction.  This can be done via the PAW in the SPH or VAB, and can also be changed in-flight, again via the PAW.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.