Ragnarock: hauling 2700 ore from Eve to Gilly

Krazy1

Kerbal lore foretells of a great battle of the gods. Eve and Moho will engage in the most epic battle of all. Moho's speed will allow him to evade Eve's attacks, but he is no match for her purpleness. The Kerbals, after long being oppressed by the wicked giant, will intervene. The most courageous and stupid of the Kerbals mount a daring mission to steal a huge load of her precious ore as a distraction. As Eve is about to crush the bandits, Moho strikes and ignites Eve's explodium blood. She burns brighter than the sun for a week and the Kerbals rejoice in her anguish. 

This contract was my first Eve contract and first outside Kerbin SOI. I had no idea when I accepted it about Eve's high gravity and pressure. 

W47kmcG.png

bcFa0yL.png

Full album, showing the development story, with captions:

https://imgur.com/a/QRmHdyg

Craft posted:

https://kerbalx.com/Krazy1/Ragnarock-4-final

Edited by Krazy1
craft link

• 7 months later...

I accidentally accepted this contract too, before discovering how hard it was to get off Eve.  Although mine only required 1200 ore.

Can confirm that this "cheat" method does work:

Send two ships A & B:
Ship A goes to mine ore on Eve into a tank big enough for what ever the contract says.
Ship B launches from Kerbin, to Gilly, carrying enough ore that you load up while in the VAB.

Eventually when Ship A has accumulated enough ore, you can open the contracts window, and see the little green ticks, and the only one not yet fulfilled is the one about having the ore in orbit around Gilly (or landed on Gilly), so you switch to Ship B, which is already in orbit (or landed, whatever the contract says), then open the contracts window, and you will see the little green ticks all light up. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.