Random crashes to BSOD windows

Hope someone can help, I've been playing KSP for years with no issues but had a few month gap.

I installed 1.10.1 as  clean install and ever since I get random hard crashes to Blue Screen on windows after about 20 minutes of gameplay. No crash dump seems to be generated bbut here are what log files I can find

https://gofile.io/d/gowZgx

Every time it crashes the crash is preceded by the sound going all choppy, and then a few seconds later it crashes (In case that is any clue).

Any ideas - I miss being able to killexplore with kerbals.

Thanks

43 minutes ago, jamiec said:

Every time it crashes the crash is preceded by the sound going all choppy, and then a few seconds later it crashes (In case that is any clue).

Sound going choppy from my experience can be:

1)CPU reaching 100% can cause the audio to crackle and might even cause the crash(but not very likely, it should just make the noise choppy)

2)You have two different audio conflicting drivers installed, for example, Realtek and Nvidia battling each other and causing that crash you experience(I had this problem for a while).

3)A recent windows update might also cause problems like that

4)Maybe your memory has partially failed or even the thermal paste in the cpu, HWMonitor is a nice free program to monitor temperatures.

Hopefully someone can help with more specific info but that's where i would start to look into.

Edited by Boyster

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.