Aircraft Mission Sharing

Aircraft Mission Sharing/ Build Challenge

I wanted to put forward the idea of a challenge where people can put forward ideas for and create different mission scenarios set in RealSolarSystem Mod such as a city fortified with tanks or a Bomb target somewhere in WW2 Germany and then let anyone who wants to download the save file then design their own Aircraft to complete the mission. 

I think this could create some really fun possibilities like building an A-10 like plane to take out a line of tanks or a WW2 Bomber with the range to reach Berlin from London to avoid BF109 interceptors and drop its bombs and return home. 

If anyone has any ideas or wants to take part let me know!

On 10/18/2020 at 4:25 AM, FlightSergeantMatt said:

Aircraft Mission Sharing/ Build Challenge

I wanted to put forward the idea of a challenge where people can put forward ideas for and create different mission scenarios set in RealSolarSystem Mod such as a city fortified with tanks or a Bomb target somewhere in WW2 Germany and then let anyone who wants to download the save file then design their own Aircraft to complete the mission. 

I think this could create some really fun possibilities like building an A-10 like plane to take out a line of tanks or a WW2 Bomber with the range to reach Berlin from London to avoid BF109 interceptors and drop its bombs and return home. 

If anyone has any ideas or wants to take part let me know!

Would this use RSS alone or RO?

Edited by Pds314

14 hours ago, Bob_Saget54 said:

Any particular ideas for mods? I know things like Procedural parts and propeller mods would be helpful for us in the world war setting

Yes. At the moment I'm looking a the B9 procedural wings, BD armory of course, everything that comes with Realism Overhaul on CKAN, airplane plus and tweak scale. Im currently looking for a mod to provide more realistic weaponry and I'm also trying nerfing some of the BD armory guns as they will take down a prop plane instantly 

5 minutes ago, FlightSergeantMatt said:

Yes. At the moment I'm looking a the B9 procedural wings, BD armory of course, everything that comes with Realism Overhaul on CKAN, airplane plus and tweak scale. Im currently looking for a mod to provide more realistic weaponry and I'm also trying nerfing some of the BD armory guns as they will take down a prop plane instantly 

For some of the "Nerfed" BDarmory guns, may I recommend Aviator's Arsenal? It's an older mod created for the purpose of a WW2 themed aircraft dogfight competition, and I think the weapons are mainly fair and balanced.

14 minutes ago, Bob_Saget54 said:

For some of the "Nerfed" BDarmory guns, may I recommend Aviator's Arsenal? It's an older mod created for the purpose of a WW2 themed aircraft dogfight competition, and I think the weapons are mainly fair and balanced.

Yeah I love that mod. It just doesn't seem to work at all in 1.8.1 which is what I'm using to be new enough but still supporting RO.  Im trying the Skylers weapons parts and it seems to be working well so far

54 minutes ago, Me1_base said:

Dogfight with BDA ai with the same aircraft, i think it will be fun

I mean one on one dogfight, only guns

Yeah that's sort of what I was thinking. Im trying to set up a first mission at the moment where you need to create a fighter bomber to attack a Luftwaffe base, fend off the BF109s and bomb/ straif the Stukas parked at the airfield to prevent them from bombing allied forces

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.