Single launch space station roadblocks

No ill will here..just want to figure out something thats holding me back in ksp quite a lot, any help would be appreciated, im runnin ksp on the Xbox with the main game and the Saturn 5 dlc pack but not the dlc that gives you all the mechanic arms n whatnot...ive made a single launch space station and everything works up to actually being able to individually control each peice of the station once i decouple it from the main craft... All my peices (modules) each individually are fully self sustaining with rcs's' rcs fuel, solar stays and bats, reaction wheels, the robododyn thing that allows remote control i think, and docking clamps but once i decouple a module it just floats away and i cant do anything, i cant select the option to actually control the module.....its super frustrating pls help.......

To be able to control a decoupled chunk of a spacecraft, it must have a probe core on it. And that seems like the component that you are iffiest about. An OKTO, a HECS, a RoveMate, a QBE, or one of the two advanced probe cores.

Edited by bewing

17 minutes ago, bewing said:

To be able to control a decoupled chunk of a spacecraft, it must have a probe core on it. And that seems like the component that you are iffiest about. An OKTO, a HECS, a RoveMate, a QBE, or one of the two advanced probe cores.

That's it!!!!!! The heckin probe cores! Alright so now that I know that the next problem im having it once i decouple my module even with the ejection force set to 0 on the decouplers the chunk still ejects and floats away and from that point i cant select the probe core and get the option to "control from here" do i have to click that button BEFORE i decouple or after? 

When you decouple a craft into two pieces, one of the pieces will randomly retain control. You really can't choose which. If the game chooses the wrong chunk, then the best way to focus the other chunk is with the [ or ] keys. If that doesn't work for you, then you have to go back to the tracking station to choose.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.