[PROJECT ABANDONED] CH-4: Changing History, a lategame expansion for RP-1

ItsJustLuci

CH-4: Changing History
j5vkoNP.png
Iter Deinceps, In Perpetuum
Moving forward, Perpetually
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

Welcome to Changing History (CH-4) we are a lategame addon to Realistic Progression One(RP-1) aiming to reimagine and redesign what is possible following your first moon landing! As an expansion to RP-1, and thus realism overhaul, realism and achievable technology is at our foundation. We aren't aiming to design warp drives or fusion energy, we simply want to enable the exploration humanity could be doing today, given enough interest...

Who are we?

• We are a group of RP-1 and RP-0 players and developers, aimed towards making the next challenging chapter of your career mode save in RSS.

What are we doing? Where did we come from?

• We started off as an extension to RO Engines, but have slowly become more skilled at modding, allowing us to branch out further. Currently our main goal is to develop timelines, allowing the player to chose a path they want their agency (and possibly others) to follow. The currently planned timelines are Lunar, Venusian, Martian, Terran, and the Exploration of the Outer Worlds... Note these may be subject to change.

As an expansion, you can expect the following from us:

• New contracts, likely approaching or exceeding 100 within this first "update". None of these will conflict with RP-1's, instead they will override and build off of them.
  • New parts, allowing for realistic, small to medium scale habitation of other celestial bodies, orbits, and much more.
  • New mechanics, encouraging things such as reuse, exploration, and international cooperation.

We still have a lot planned, including a wiki, a youtube channel, and further documentation. These things, like the mod itself, should be expected to come in time...

Ultimately, we would like to open up development to the community following the first major release, CH4 v1.1, but we are expecting to release pre-releases on our github.

Download, Installation & Liscensing

You can download the latest release from our Github
CKAN Support coming soon

Installation (for now, atleast) comes with no special instructions. Simply drag and drop the CH4 folder into your KSP Gamedata directory; As long as you have RO, RP-1 and RSS installed that's it!
You should now have access to a couple dozen new engines, and some new airlaunch tech!

Currently using the license CC BY-NC-ND 4.0, we are politely asking that you don't redistribute or modify our work, this will allow us to more easily develop towards our goal.

Annotation_2020-08-02_175144.png
I have become death, destroyer of framerates
screenshot151.png
RD-270

As a closing note, most of us are pursuing education currently. We will try to release in as timely a manner as possible, but do give us time. A rushed mod is a broken mod.

Edited by ItsJustLuci

On 10/24/2020 at 6:56 AM, hemeac said:

Looks really great and looking forward to seeing it develop.  Should this be in Add-On Development instead?  I don't think Tools and Applications gets a lot of clicks.  

hmmm... thought that's where I had put it :D any idea how to move it?

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 3:48 PM, ItsJustLuci said:

hmmm... thought that's where I had put it :D any idea how to move it?

Using the report button is the best way to get our attention.   And as somebody has done so, it has been moved to the correct forum.   Just report the post when you're ready to publish the mod the release forum.   :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/24/2020 at 7:26 AM, RP1IsSuperior said:

I'm thinking about making a mod with near future chemical engines with questionable propellents. Can I "borrow" the pentaborane plume?

If i'm not wrong the pentaborane is from RealPlume so you are fine.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/6/2021 at 4:23 PM, MeatyBoi said:

Is this dead? I hope not currently there hasn't been any updates or are you stuck up in school because I just want to know this mod has so much potential please respond.

There have been quite a few updates on the repository, just apparently nothing that warrants a release. But from that evidence, work is still progressing on this.

On 8/20/2021 at 7:19 PM, RyanRising said:

There have been quite a few updates on the repository, just apparently nothing that warrants a release. But from that evidence, work is still progressing on this.

where is the repository saw nothing on github

58 minutes ago, MeatyBoi said:

where is the repository saw nothing on github

The repository is what you see on GitHub. Not the releases page, but the CH-4 main one (Code). There’s a bar over that which shows the lates commit, which was 15 days ago.

• 7 months later...

I noticed that in the latest release, that the HL-42's landing gear do not extend or retract as intended, and seem to be static objects. I am playing in 1.12.3 on the newest version of RSS/RO. Any help would be appreciated! (I will provide logs if necessary).

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.