Forum UI Changes

Clamp-o-Tron

Well, this was a thread... but apparently the server got reset. Looks like we've still got the UI changes.

EDIT: To those who haven't seen, @HebaruSan has an excellent Stylish configuration for a forums "Dark Mode". Check it out, it's great!

Edited by Clamp-o-Tron

well, the forum is working, but the layout is still a bit screwy. I'm seeing the "forum, activity, store," etc. tabs overlaying the KSP logo on the top. Also, tags are grey with red text, which doesn't look too hot.

Also, as long as we're talking about UI changes, do we have any shot at a dark mode?

Edited by RyanRising

@Vanamonde did you have to approve @computercat04's posts? They're new, and they replied fast. Might be a sign of weird stuff happening if you didn't.

Also, welcome, @computercat04! I promise you this kind of thing doesn't happen every day.

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Actually, on mobile it isn't  too bad

It looks really bad to me. Not as bad as @Commodore_32's, but pictures not lining up, newlines in weird places, and missing buttons.

1 minute ago, Vanamonde said:

These things are usually not a big deal. No one even noticed the last couple of updates they ran. This one is having difficulties. 

And yes, I approved newbie posts. 

Fast on the approval button! Nice!

I'm okay with the new layout. I do wish it could be a bit more compact though. And maybe the brightness could be toned down.

EDIT: Looks like they just made it compact! I think that looks better, but now the font looks too big as well. Like the titles of major sections (The support/modding pages for example), and their descriptions.

Edited by Spaceception

Yeah, my thread got reset for some reason, along with nearly all of my posts today.

Ok, issues that I have:

No "sign in anonymously" button on login

The default profile picture has changed to a human

Profile pics have been cropped into a circle

Things are way too bright

Edited by Entropian

Ok, I found a solution to the anonymous problem.  There's a tab in account settings that switches it now.

There's an option at the bottom of the page to change the theme to something slightly less bright.  Go to "Theme" and change it to "Default."

EDIT: The KSP logo is still obscured.

Edited by Entropian

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.