Forum UI Changes

Clamp-o-Tron

1 hour ago, EchoLima said:

One thing I do like is that the title is a separate element from the thread, and is visible on the top of every page. Helps if I'm ever deep in a thread and forget what the topic is...

Really? Not for me.

I do have tabs though, so I don't get lost.

3 minutes ago, Superfluous J said:

I like the little timeline notes between posts.

Indeed, they are nice.

I've also noticed that in the Gameplay and Technical Support forums there's a little 'solved count' icon next to your reputation that shows how many of your answers have solved someone's problem, which is kind of cool.

20 hours ago, steve_v said:

Yeah, I do prefer nbz's colour choice, but I gave up after about 20 minutes of constant 504s and infinite spinners on userstyles.org.

Were you ever able to grab nbz's?
So I managed to find it, and added it and a couple others to my repo.

Licenses all allow for it. nbz's are both specifically: CC0 - Public Domain

https://github.com/StoneBlue/KSP-Forum-Dark-Theme/tree/master/Other Themes

Yeah... I HAVE noticed Userstyles has been slower & slower to load for me for quite awhile... last couple days its been horrible.

Also, dont use Stylish.
Use Stylus instead. Its a fork of Stylish, but without the collection and selling of user's data. ;)

Uhhh, I left the Internet for one week, and this happened? What is this!?! It's atrocious! The color, the fonts, they're all wrong! Who designed this?

Are you guys gonna fix this mess?

Edited by SOXBLOX

@SOXBLOX a bunch of us have asked for either better options or <at least in my case, wont speak for anyone else> a visual revert to the prior one. Someone in one of the preceding 10 pages wondered if they are making changes for the sake of making changes to call it progress, and honestly, I am wondering that too. At least however, they have listened to us thus far in some respects and toned this version down. When it first went live, it was flood light shined at the ISS bright.

42 minutes ago, AlamoVampire said:

...wondered if they are making changes for the sake of making changes

If by "they" you mean Invision, I would be inclined to agree with you. If by "they" you mean the IT people at Squad/PD, they're just doing their job keeping the software up to date. ManeTI didn't make it look bad, he just installed the software and has been trying to prevent everyone's eyes from bleeding ever since.

@Deddly they = the IT folks at Invision. Had honestly forgotten their name so went with “they”. Admittedly the choice was.. unfortunately misleading. Thanks for plugging the gap in my memory Deddly. As for ManeTI, hes doing an epic job at wrangling this rodeo!

Edited by AlamoVampire

Guys, can we please do something about the confusing,  flow-breaking,  order-screwing-up default "sort by votes" behaviour of the tech support and gameplay question subs?
Not only does it default to this idiotic behaviour on every single thread you view, it also doesn't save your preference in any way, forcing you to manually switch back to by-date on every view or page refresh.

Sooo... I see the "Sign in Anonymously" checkbox disappeared... So I go to my account settings, and set my status to be hidden... Ok...

Then I sign out, sign back in...

Uhhhh... well, It looks like my status is NOT hidden, as I'm listed first at the bottom of the page, with active users, tho there IS an eye icon, showing that I am signed in anonymously... :huh:

Is it only ouselves that see that, or does EVERYONE see that you are active, but signed in anonymously?...
Cuz that would kinda defeat the purpose... lol

ALSO, I keep getting sent to the OP on every thread I open, even though I reset my choice to view last post read by me...even after signing out, then bac in... vOv  :huh:

Edited by Stone Blue

3 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

Is it only ouselves that see that, or does EVERYONE see that you are active, but signed in anonymously?

FWIW (I assume you are signed in anonymously now), I don't see you on the list of active users. Nor does the profile hover give me any "currently viewing" or "last login" type data.

OK... thanx for the quick verification Deddly & steve_v... yeah... figured it could be just me that sees myself... wanted to verify either/or, tho ;)

EDIT: so, idk why, but all of a sudden, the "view last post" setting seems to be working for me now

Edited by Stone Blue

6 hours ago, steve_v said:

Guys, can we please do something about the confusing,  flow-breaking,  order-screwing-up default "sort by votes" behaviour of the tech support and gameplay question subs?
Not only does it default to this idiotic behaviour on every single thread you view, it also doesn't save your preference in any way, forcing you to manually switch back to by-date on every view or page refresh.

I asked about this in a poll a while back. The majority of respondents voted to keep the current format. 

9 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

The majority of respondents voted to keep the current format. 

Keeping the format around is fine, it's setting at as the default on every page load that I have problems with.
Here we have a valid and useful use for cookies, and you're not using them. Please give me a way to not have to click that button on every singe support thread I visit, every time I visit it, just so the conversation makes sense.

Edited by steve_v
grammar

54 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Now I can't enter special chars by Alt-KeyNum. Neither degrees, nor arrows, nothing. Because Opera (which I have to use instead of the Firefox  catches them before the post editor.)

It works for me (on Opera), using AltGr (the right one). Alt (the left one) never worked in any program, as far as I remember.

~ˇ^˘°˛`˙˙´\|€÷×ß><§

See? They work.

Edited by Shpaget

On 10/24/2020 at 3:48 AM, Stone Blue said:

So I managed to find it, and added it and a couple others to my repo.

Licenses all allow for it. nbz's are both specifically: CC0 - Public Domain

https://github.com/StoneBlue/KSP-Forum-Dark-Theme/tree/master/Other Themes

Thank you (and the contributors of the other styles) for this. I need to find some time to re-tinker one of these to fit my particular predilections, but at least I can have the forum open long enough again to actually read a thread or two.

While there's still a thread open on the subject: has anyone else noticed a disproportionate delay in opening the notifications menu (the bell icon top right)? Before the upgrade it was an immediate thing - now I have to wait up to several seconds after the click to see the dropdown appear.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.