KSP Loading... Preview: Bop revamp

St4rdust

Heads up Kerbonauts! We are happy to announce that the 1.11 update for Kerbal Space Program is happening! Bop is getting a visual revamp! Check it out and stay tuned for more previews!

Video premieres in 15 minutes!

2 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Are you revamping the Kraken as well? :o

I mean it’s always the first thing people correlate with Bop, and the texture looks pretty dated already.

I don’t bet money on it, but at the same time it isn’t out of the realm of probabilities.

I always get surprised by these texture updates, just seeing the contrast of the before and after always makes me go "Wow..."

While I am excited for this, I was personally hoping to get one more bug fix release before now. But, seeing as we haven't had a "theme" for this update announced yet, I'm cautiously optimistic that this one may focus on big fixes and performance, while finishing the new textures for the rest of the planets.

16 minutes ago, St4rdust said:

Because... Hype! :P 

I think it's a great idea. But you should do it for the more visited destinations like Eeloo or Tylo. Now those places need the revamp URGENT. 

I do like the Bop revamp, looks like it's time to visit THE KRAKEN

But you know, you guys make the decisions :)

16 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Are you revamping the Kraken as well? :o

From what I can tell they revamped the mun arches when mun got a do over so... Maybe?

13 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

I know but I go to duna a lot and it looks TERRIBLE without graphical change

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Either it's good looking graphics or a good running game, there really aren't any other options for you I'm afraid.

Lovely.

As others have noted, nicely or not, would love to see Tylo, Pol and Eeloo get the texture revamp, too, as well as more reasons to go there to explore. Most players dislike Tylo simply because there's little reason to explore it, aside from the high resources needed to land and return. Perhaps a few new easter eggs or special resource/surface features/tech item for these most remote areas?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.