KSP Loading... Preview: Bop revamp

St4rdust

Bop is visited because of the kraken.

Pol has its treacherous mountains and rock trees.

Tylo is awfully difficult for newcomers. And Vall is just a blueish Mun.

So my next guess is 1.11 Bop and Pol revamp. 1.12 Tylo and Val revamp, 1.13 Eeloo and Kerbol revamp. That would lead us to end 2021 that means, approx at the same time KSP2 is released.

Squad; I don't want to be rude, but are you going to solve those pesky bugs for once? (THe maneuver node maker hasn't worked that bad for a while, fuel transfer bug and Nervs still don't get taken into account with multiple fuel tanks as they should.

Edited by Quoniam Kerman

4 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

I suggest a revamp of tylo, also PLEASE stop reducing the number of parts my game can take, I am not on the best PC and if there are too many revamps, I cannot play the latest versions.

Actually, there was a major performance increase a few versions ago. I have a potato PC as well but the game runs a helluva lot better than a few years ago and not all of it is due to the extra RAM I got a while back. I'd say the performance impact of these overhauls are not that bad. Besides, it's not even the graphics that tend to bottleneck KSP's framerate unless you're using heavily graphics-intensive mods.

Edited by Fraktal

Hey guys...I’d just like to say that Squad definitely knows about the fuel transfer bug (amongst others!) and that they are probably working very hard to fix it. Every update we see bug fixes, there is no need to clamour for such fixes. Squad knows about these, that’s why we get change logs with all the fixes. Just hold tight, and don’t get upset. After all, ksp was completed years ago. The continued (and FREE!) updates are not something that they have to do. Like I said, just be patient.

Cheers-

Lewie

2 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Why do you think people visit those places more?

Most people I talk to have never been to Bop or Pol while at least to Eeloo and Tylo. In fact some people don't even remember Bop and Pol exist.

30 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Most people I talk to have never been to Bop or Pol while at least to Eeloo and Tylo. In fact some people don't even remember Bop and Pol exist.

Surely Bop and Pol haven't gone the way of Dres...?

2 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Well talk to me. I've only ever gone to Eeloo on saves where I've gone everywhere. Bop and/or Pol are must-visit worlds for most any serious any Jool mission due to their fantastic ISRU value.

1 hour ago, Superfluous J said:

Well talk to me. I've only ever gone to Eeloo on saves where I've gone everywhere. Bop and/or Pol are must-visit worlds for most any serious any Jool mission due to their fantastic ISRU value.

huh interesting, I just visit Eeloo more. I think I visited Bop and Pol maybe twice.

10 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

You know you can just use the old planet textures, right? In settings, just change the terrain shaders to 'Legacy'.

Do the new textures still load into RAM at any point? Stock 1.9.1 already takes 10min to start on my 4GB laptop.

5 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I visited Bop and Pol before Eeloo and Tylo, although Tylo was shortly after Bop and Pol, when I was doing my first tour of the Jolian system.

The last bodies I visited were Moho, Dres, and Eeloo, in this order, and I've only used probes for them.

8 hours ago, Lewie said:

Hey guys...I’d just like to say that Squad definitely knows about the fuel transfer bug (amongst others!) and that they are probably working very hard to fix it. Every update we see bug fixes, there is no need to clamour for such fixes. Squad knows about these, that’s why we get change logs with all the fixes. Just hold tight, and don’t get upset. After all, ksp was completed years ago. The continued (and FREE!) updates are not something that they have to do. Like I said, just be patient.

Cheers-

Lewie

I think we can expect them to unkerbal the things they kerballed in those free updates. 

We’re not talking about niche use cases here. Every freaking time I fuel transfer I have to do a dance with quicksaves and quickloads. That gets old real quick when you’re using reusable landers and stations. 

25 minutes ago, Jognt said:

I think we can expect them to unkerbal the things they kerballed in those free updates. 

We’re not talking about niche use cases here. Every freaking time I fuel transfer I have to do a dance with quicksaves and quickloads. That gets old real quick when you’re using reusable landers and stations. 

Try hovering the mouse over the resources tab (top right).  Not a 'fix', but quick and easy work around for now.

6 minutes ago, pandaman said:

Try hovering the mouse over the resources tab (top right).  Not a 'fix', but quick and easy work around for now.

What do you mean? Just mouse over the icon, mouse over the bars (all?), and it’ll work again when no longer mousing over?

4 hours ago, Jognt said:

What do you mean? Just mouse over the icon, mouse over the bars (all?), and it’ll work again when no longer mousing over?

Basically yes.  Move your cursor over the icon and wait a second or so, it will sort of  'reset' it so that it works again.  You can then use your mouse normally. You will then need to click windows to activate the transfer in the usual way.  It is a bit inconvenient,  but it works.

WAIT WHAT?! instead of spending your time for 1.11 update on something more important you spend it ALL on bop. i dont have anything wrong with the Bop revamp but SERIOUSLY, no new parts, no other revamps, or anything ELSE... :( That just killed all the anticipation for 1.11 but i guess beggars cant be choosers. Anyways, GREAT JOB ON THE BOP REVAMP!!! really looks much better!!!! :) 

-Sincerely, DAFATRONALDO2007 IN SPACE

"Awaiting KSP2's Arrival"

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.