KSP 2 SUGGESTION

Pleek

Hi, I am expecting KSP 2 at a time already. And I would like to give some suggestions (if they are not already in the game) Well, there could be a system of problems that could happen in your rocket, like there was a problem with your energy / solar panel, you have to get out of the rocket with your Kerbal and fix it, and if it's just an electric rocket (without a crew) you have to take a manned rocket to the rocket and pack it up! It would be really cool, because most of the time in normal KSP you don't have to get off the rocket, and that's kind of boring. Because in real life most of the time, astronauts go out to fix things on rockets. I think it would be really cool. Well, now I have another suggestion, when you have a space station you can have cameras inside it, where your kerbals can be walking and you can see them through the cameras, or you can control it inside the rocket, it would be really cool ! Cameras everywhere Well, I only gave these two suggestions, sorry for the bad English I am not an American. I'm brazilian.

Edited by Vanamonde
Fixed some formatting.

2 hours ago, Pleek said:

Hi, I am expecting KSP 2 at a time already. And I would like to give some suggestions (if they are not already in the game) Well, there could be a system of problems that could happen in your rocket, like there was a problem with your energy / solar panel, you have to get out of the rocket with your Kerbal and fix it, and if it's just an electric rocket (without a crew) you have to take a manned rocket to the rocket and pack it up! It would be really cool, because most of the time in normal KSP you don't have to get off the rocket, and that's kind of boring. Because in real life most of the time, astronauts go out to fix things on rockets. I think it would be really cool. Well, now I have another suggestion, when you have a space station you can have cameras inside it, where your kerbals can be walking and you can see them through the cameras, or you can control it inside the rocket, it would be really cool ! Cameras everywhere Well, I only gave these two suggestions, sorry for the bad English I am not an American. I'm brazilian.

The devs said no to random part failures, they would be a terrible experience for new players, especially distinguishing between their errors in designing the spacecraft and the "gameplay" failures.

One could argue to have such a system as a difficulty option, but I would like more that the devs find something to do for Kerbal on EVA that isn't only for a niche setting of hardcore players. 

Part failures could make for interesting design challenges, when you'd have to account for failure modes and try to make unrecoverable, catastrophic failures as rare as possible. However, to be worthwhile it would need to be a pretty rich system -- for example, engines should have some base failure probability and be rated for a certain burn time, after which the failure probability would start going up. You'd want to deal with stuff like micrometeorite damage and thermal stress; a spaceplane for example would experience wear and tear in its airframe when flying fast and high. You'd want to be able to design in failure modes, for example if one engine in a cluster fails, automatically shut down the one opposite it so the craft doesn't spin out of control. And you'd want to have a system that lets you service reusable craft so they're fully shipshape for new missions.

In other words it would be a pretty complex beast, and it would make the game a lot harder and more frustrating for lots of players. Just having parts fail at random and not being able to do anything about it except go out and click "repair" isn't much fun, it's just busywork.

I hope it'll be possible to mod that kind of thing in, but I don't think it would work as a stock feature.