Contract Question

hey guys, quick q: what does the contract mean "Do a simple scan with a rover arm of Mun Crater"? (shown in screenshot). And what does 33% mean, I thought it was either scanned or not scanned?

So I've already done a single scan of a Mun Crater in an earlier mission. But then I accepted this contract later and came back to the Mun with a different rover and scanned it again, however the contract still says 0% of 33%. How can I get this contract to complete?

thanks!

kerb.jpg

EDIT: neverminded, apparently that's not a mun crater. sure looks like a crater...on the mun :rolleyes:

52 minutes ago, Sinthetic said:

Pretty sure you just have to transmit or return it.

Yes the contract says "Transmitted 0% of 33%"

@dresoccer4  You have to right click on the scanning arm, choose to view the results, and then select the transmit option in the science results window that comes up.

Hopefully you have enough electrical power to finish transmission. If not you will need to have your Kerbal collect the science from the scanning arm just like with any other science experiment and store that science in your return capsule or science container for recovery back on Kerbin. That will also complete the contract when you recover it back at the KSC.

For future reference, I believe the SPRT Medium Scanning Arm provides 66% of the total science (even from the same surface feature), and the OP-E Large Scanning Arm will collect the full 100% of the total science from those surface features. There is no transmission penalty for using the scanning arms, which is what makes them good for even unmanned rovers.

Edit to add: Yep, looks like you found a LARGE Mun crater instead of the regular Mun crater. The regular ones that this contract is asking for are only about the size of your rover and are much harder to see in among the other ground scatter.

Edited by HvP

10 hours ago, HvP said:

Yes the contract says "Transmitted 0% of 33%"

@dresoccer4  You have to right click on the scanning arm, choose to view the results, and then select the transmit option in the science results window that comes up.

Hopefully you have enough electrical power to finish transmission. If not you will need to have your Kerbal collect the science from the scanning arm just like with any other science experiment and store that science in your return capsule or science container for recovery back on Kerbin. That will also complete the contract when you recover it back at the KSC.

For future reference, I believe the SPRT Medium Scanning Arm provides 66% of the total science (even from the same surface feature), and the OP-E Large Scanning Arm will collect the full 100% of the total science from those surface features. There is no transmission penalty for using the scanning arms, which is what makes them good for even unmanned rovers.

Edit to add: Yep, looks like you found a LARGE Mun crater instead of the regular Mun crater. The regular ones that this contract is asking for are only about the size of your rover and are much harder to see in among the other ground scatter.

lol yeah I got it to work fine when I found a regular Mun Crater. The Large ones don't count as i found out 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.