[1.12.x] Space Dust - Atmospheric and Exospheric Harvesting (24/06/2022)

Nertea

2 hours ago, RedParadize said:

@NerteaI see, so the minimal static pressure is 0.0001? I think you might want to either raise that or factor in the fact that at that speed the actual pressure in front of the intake would be much higher (that is if it didn't had a inflatable shield in front of it!)

This is just a shortcut to not do math when not needed, not really a gameplay thing.

SpaceDust 0.2.1

• Added Chinese translation
  • Cleaned up some fields showing in flight when they shouldnt
  • Reduced atmosphere edge threshold from 0.0001 atm to 1E-16 atm.
  • Made some fixes related to parsing parts with underscores in their names
  • Aligned SystemHeat related PartInfo blocks with SystemHeat PartInfo styles
  • Added flag to check occlusion of ModuleSpaceDustHarvester intakes before allowing harvesting (on by default)
  • Fixed some distributions that should have been using useAirDensity not using it

4 minutes ago, Nertea said:

Added flag to check occlusion of ModuleSpaceDustHarvester intakes before allowing harvesting (on by default)

I saw that one coming! Mk2:

0EyBx4i.jpg

Ps; Gonna give a try to new version, thanks!

Edited by RedParadize

Hummm. I do not think it had the intended result, at least on my end. It just changed the instant filling of tanks from 206km to 199km. It do fill slightly slower trough, in like two seconds.

From what I can see it only apply to hydrogen, I guess its because FFT was not updated yet right? Maybe I can change the value in the part and patch. Gonna try on my end.

Edited by RedParadize

I see, I forgot to change  the atmo definition back to 280km that was part of the problem. For He3 and D abundance was lowered right? that seem to be the reason why I had to dive deeper to get them.

I will try to reduce "50 km^3 of atmosphere per second" on my end and see what happen. I think the hard cap will still be very noticeable. Will see.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Nertea said:

I will probably be releasing this mod into the wilds of the Releases forum in the next few days. Please let me know if anyone has seen any large issues recently that I need to fix first. 

Do you have any insight yet on whether or not it can be dropped into existing saves? 

This is a really bizarre bug that I've narrowed down to SpaceDust: Every time I load a save, 285 science is added. Tested in 1.10.1 with no other mods then B9PartSwitch (and both DLCs).

Log File:

https://pastebin.com/wKeq64f4

ConfigSHA:

https://pastebin.com/75A2ywMG

Edited by coyotesfrontier

15 minutes ago, coyotesfrontier said:

This is a really bizarre bug that I've narrowed down to SpaceDust: Every time I load a save, the science is set to 285. Tested in 1.10.1 with no other mods then B9PartSwitch (and both DLCs).

Log File:

https://pastebin.com/wKeq64f4

ConfigSHA:

https://pastebin.com/75A2ywMG

Do you mean it is set to 285, or that 285 science is added? I see something that could cause the latter, but not the former (loading seems to 'rediscover' all the bands again, total science in the default discovered bands is 285). 

On 12/21/2020 at 10:03 AM, Starhelperdude said:

I'm playing on a 1.11 ''test'' install and I can't identify any recources around any body with any scanner/telescope. I waited around 100 days

I'll investigate, thanks. Can you be more specific about the exact steps you took?

I send down a manned lander with the trace gas analyzer, the analyzer displayed the whole time ''disabled'', even if it was enabled. All other parts (which I tested in low duna orbit) except the telescope have the same problem. The telescope says it observes for example jool and gets blocked by duna if it gets in the way, but even after 300 days nothing happened.

7 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

I send down a manned lander with the trace gas analyzer, the analyzer displayed the whole time ''disabled'', even if it was enabled. All other parts (which I tested in low duna orbit) except the telescope have the same problem. The telescope says it observes for example jool and gets blocked by duna if it gets in the way, but even after 300 days nothing happened.

Ok, I put the TGA on a command pod and put it on a pad, enabled it, no issues. 

Logs? Better ways to reproduce this issue?

10 hours ago, Starhelperdude said:

I can't give logs because I can't find them, I looked on the how to get support page on the forums and followed the 1.8 or never steps, but I don't have Locallow

What operating system is your computer? 

Color me curious. It may just be because I've been awake now for a solid 24 hours, but I'm having difficulty understanding, does this mod add new resources, or just change how stock resources are found and harvested? or some combination of both? 

28 minutes ago, vardicd said:

Color me curious. It may just be because I've been awake now for a solid 24 hours, but I'm having difficulty understanding, does this mod add new resources, or just change how stock resources are found and harvested? or some combination of both? 

I haven't actually played with it yet, but looking at the configs that come bundled you can harvest....  SPOILERS

Spoiler

Oxidizer- Kerbin, Laythe, Jool

Liq Fuel - Eve

Xenon - Even, Kerbin

And some mod added resources

Antimatter - Kerbin, Jool, Laythe

Argon - Kerbin, Eve, Duna

Liq Deturium - Jool

Liq, He3 - Jool

Liq Hydrogen - Kerbin, Jool, Sun? 

It looks pretty easy to configure, so I'm sure planet packs will start adding support in the future. 

Edited by eberkain