[1.12.x] Space Dust - Atmospheric and Exospheric Harvesting (24/06/2022)

Nertea

On 2/3/2022 at 3:32 AM, zw_45 said:

Here’s the config for RSS and the patch for LqdMethane

***Make sure you remove the original resource definition in SpaceDust folder***
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anlnec-q1Uv7gRELNz2nLIql_lSm

- The abundance data of LqdDuterium was from this site: https://www.esa.int/Science_Exploration/Space_Science/Rosetta/The_surprising_comet. Then times the percent of H2 in atmosphere.

- For LqdHe3, I didn’t find the exact value for each planet, but I found this paper: https://arxiv.org/pdf/astro-ph/9508086.pdf. The abundance is 1E-5 He3/He4 * precent of He in atmosphere

- For Liquid Fuel (long chain hydrocarbons), I didn’t find any credible source about their abundance in solar system, so I leave it blank. (complex hydrocarbons comes from biological activities on Earth, they are supposed to be rare in solar system.

- Trace amount of Xenon Gas was added to the atmosphere of Earth and Mars.

In order to harvest resource from gas giant, I increased the abundance data of those planets by a magnitude of 1E6. For example, LqdHe3 is harvestable at 1000000m in Saturn atmosphere.

I also increased the operating temperature of atmosphere scoop so it can works in Jupiter atmosphere.

Hi, your link is broken, can you provide the file again? 

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2022 at 10:08 PM, Gordon Dry said:

You could let that stay online or put it on Github, instead of removing it. This is a forum thread, not a private conversation, so just because @mateusviccari got the file doesn't mean there is nobody else who wants to test it.

The file is back online, I can keep it here if you want.

3 hours ago, zw_45 said:

The file is back online, I can keep it here if you want.

I agree with @Gordon Dry, you've done a good job writing these configs and it would be a good idea to post them on github. I could do it if it's ok for you (I would properly acknowledge you if that is to be done)

Edited by mateusviccari

@zw_45 thank you

Is that RSS patch for a stockalike environment only, but not for RealFuels?
I see LiquidFuel and Oxidizer, that's why I'm asking.

I assume that most RSS players are RO-RSS players and so they use RealFuels, only a small fraction uses RSS without RO.

So I try to do some simple edits for NEEDS[!RealFuels] and NEEDS[RealFuels] to fulfill the needs of the mod environments and hope the best.

Edit:
Patches should always have failsafe checks, like NEEDS[RealSolarSystem] if anyone forgets to remove the folder in a non-RSS setup.

Edited by Gordon Dry

3 hours ago, mateusviccari said:

I agree with @Gordon Dry, you've done a good job writing these configs and it would be a good idea to post them on github. I could do it if it's ok for you (I would properly acknowledge you if that is to be done)

Feel free to do that

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

@zw_45 thank you

I assume that most RSS players are RO-RSS players and so they use RealFuels, only a small fraction uses RSS without RO.

So I try to do some simple edits for NEEDS[!RealFuels] and NEEDS[RealFuels] to fulfill the needs of the mod environments and hope the best.

Edit:
Patches should always have failsafe checks, like NEEDS[RealSolarSystem] if anyone forgets to remove the folder in a non-RSS setup.

This is for stockalike environments. I can make a separate real fuel patch, but I think the only difference is oxidizer vs LqdOxygen, and maybe a few more resources.

Edited by zw_45

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

@zw_45 thank you

Edit:

I have updated this patch to support realfuels, it would be better to put this to RSS release thread since the patch removes stock resource definitions. Rational resource support incoming.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anlnec-q1Uv7g1S8TUVTa6IswfD4

Edited by zw_45

@zw_45 I had to update my zip as there were dumb MM errors of the kind "pass specifier detected on insert node (not a patch)":
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jv5vldrl8i2hilv/RSS-SpaceDust (GordonDry edit).zip?dl=1

@mateusviccari another update, I stick to my way to avoid confusing myself, added fixes derived from @zw_45 's latest patch and my own fixes

@mateusviccari @zw_45 and another round of tailoring out issues

@mateusviccari @zw_45 another small update

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey, am I doing something wrong with the Bussard Ramscoop, I put it in front of the ship, the heat is managed, the power is flowing but even running it several days in high and low orbit of Kerbin I couldn't get any liquid hydrogen to enter the tanks. I also asked this question in Far Future tech thread.

Edited by Morbanth

• 4 weeks later...

I've been trying to integrate this mod with More Real Exoplanets, but any time I load in the game with my configurations they never appear on the actual planets despite having the patches (as far as I know) completely correct for both atmosphere and exospheres as well as enabling always discovered/identified. I've read the documentation on the Github and cross referenced that with other planet packs that use SpaceDust but I still cannot get it working. I'll link the patches in case anybody can look at them and determine any issues (Ignore the abundancies, I was going to balance them once I got the resources actually working. I also tried changing some of the discoverability data to include all tags but that didn't affect it either.)

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/wtr6dn1tg24h6y4aya7be/h?rlkey=sqqc9ucrvp188eecqor2r1jup&dl=0

Edited by AbnormalVenegrade