What is something you saw for the first time in KSP that made you happy you saw it?

AlamoVampire

1DqJOkI.png?1

As it says on the tin, what is something you saw for the first time in KSP that made you happy you saw it? For me? I was just now as of this post working on a crewed mission to Duna, when I was checking my position on the map screen I saw that a comet was going to be theoretically visible to me.  Sure enough I went to look for it and saw what my save calls Jenkin 1. I decided to see if I could see it from the flight deck of my ship, and as I panned my camera out the right hand side of my flight deck, I think Midun Kermans expression just about sums it up!

DGRbnkk.png

First ever time I have seen a comet in game! Truly an epic sight! Now, I gotta go see if I can do like the ARM mission of old and yank that puppy down to Kerbin!

So my fellow players, how about you?

I was surprised and delighted the first time I noticed Minmus from Kerbin. I was doing a sunset flight over the mountain range, and as I came into land, there it was - a tiny speck against the darkening sky.  Had to check the map screen to confirm that it was indeed the minty green moon.

It really filled me with wonder. 

That was ages ago now, but... First sight of other planets, as they appeared as a small but immediately noticeable dot among the stars as I was approaching their sphere of influence. First Duna, then Eve (this one is interesting as at first I saw a transit in front of the sun), and Jool.

The first time I saw the revamped Duna texture. I was in a sandbox save testing a lander for an upcoming Duna mission in my career play through. I had just teleported to Duna orbit and completely forgot about the Duna revamp. Duna sunrise from orbit is one of the most beautiful things in the game in my opinion. 

One of the most amazing things I have ever seen in KSP would be my first sunrise from orbit. It was one of the most extraordinary things I had ever seen. It most certainly made me want to go up there and see it in person.

By the way, this sunrise I mention is 100% stock. No visual mods.

Kerbals!! :) :) :)

They make me smile and laugh, to hold breath, nibble fingernails and feel guilty, if something goes wrong.

From the first moment I loved these cuddly adventurers ... I design rescue missions to get them back safe, simply because I cannot leave them out there all alone in the dark.

Without Kerbals KSP will not be the same.

The first time I successfully (as in didn't explode on impact) landed on the Mun, but the ship tipped over and rolled down the side of the crater. Seeing my ship reaching orbit after I'd spent maybe 30 tries rolling it around, slowly accelerate up the incline, and getting it off the ground nearly brought tears to my eyes!  

This!  A very long time ago now, but this was a screenshot I took the first time I ever reached Duna.  I scrolled right out to hide the ship, so it looks like it was actually taken by a camera on it.

I can't remember why I was coming in over the South Pole, nor even what the mission was, but hey... a nice image is a nice image!

i6x1RTE.png

Most recently with the Principia mod, which adds n-body physics,  piloting one of my ships into a stable Lagrange point (Kerbin-Mun L4) and it is the highlight of my week so far. Now I'm seeking to put one into L5 for a nice balanced communications network.

https://imgur.com/a/H2GaCmC

Edited by AccidentalColonies
Replaced best part with highlight. 2nd, meant to say L5 instead of L3 and finally, reduced confusion

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.