[1.9.1-1.10.1] Kiwi Tech Tree Overhaul 1.3.0 (17 December 2020)

hemeac

Next Round  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Next Round

• Bluedog Design Bureau
    • reDirect/Habtech 2/Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit
    • B9/B9 Legacy
    • Explore Custom Contracts (possibly JNSQ scale?)
    • Something Else (Leave Comment)

per the "Something else" (Leave Comment) option in the poll...

An alternative to Kerbalism: Add All of @RoverDude USI constellation.  There are so many upgrades and additions to the USI stuff, this would be a good time to include it in an alternate tech tree. It could use  finer-grained and expanded differentiation in the tech tree that KTT is providing .  Such as a framework would allow for better placement, integration and "gating" ,  especially MKS/OKS+WOLF, now that WOLF is up and running.  Its an amazing integrated constellation, and WOLF gives the tech tree  a functional system-wide production setup to truly become a space-faring multi-colony deep meta-game.

Bonus: included in the "Constellation" of things is Roverdude's venerable "Sounding Rockets" mod most of which has been around since 2015-16) which could  augment (or even completely replace) that part of the probe-first things the KTT is doing.  And then there's the whole Kontainers and Konstruction mods now leveraging the new stock cargo/eva-assembly stuff as well as slotting nicely into using variants of parts.

There are piles of other good reasons to do the whole constellation - Reactors, small and big Freight Transports, Exploration Pack (Pack rat vehicle!), and small special vehicles like DERP, HERP, and AES (great for orbital engineering/construction/repair duty), as well as the larger special vehicles like the Karibou, Akita and Malemute, plus floats, airbags,  the submarine, and even way out there in the tech treee there is a warp drive setup, and the so-Kerbal Orion nuclear bomb drive.  Last but not least, USI-LS which many use for life support, and the optional addition of an entire resource chain Karbonite/Karbonite+.

Its a well integrated bunch of stand-alone mods which all fit together to make an even better cohesive set of addons that really all add a lot to gameplay.  KTT would be the ideal alternate tech tree because it gives so many good places to hang each of these items and technologies.

Edited by Murdabenne
typos

52 minutes ago, Murdabenne said:

per the "Something else" (Leave Comment) option in the poll...

An alternative to Kerbalism: Add All of @RoverDude USI constellation.  There are so many upgrades and additions to the USI stuff, this would be a good time to include it in an alternate tech tree. It could use  finer-grained and expanded differentiation in the tech tree that KTT is providing .  Such as a framework would allow for better placement, integration and "gating" ,  especially MKS/OKS+WOLF, now that WOLF is up and running.  Its an amazing integrated constellation, and WOLF gives the teach-tree  a functional system-wide production setup to truly become a space-faring multi-colony deep meta-game.

What is WOLF? I've not heard of this I think?

The official announcement in the MKS forum thread, page 389, December 21.   

Also here is the (offsite document) overview of USI MKS WOLF: 

https://github.com/UmbraSpaceIndustries/MKS/wiki/WOLF-—-Industry-without-the-part-count

This would go off topic, so please go to the forum thread above for further discussion of WOLF.

Edited by Murdabenne
clarification

11 hours ago, hemeac said:

The critical components to the 2.0 update are coming together and I really want to thank everyone who has been part of the development thus far and provided some really amazing feedback.  There will be a few changes that are worth noting and some repeating from earlier.

• Engines will now start off as "prototypes" with slightly worse ISP and Thrust.  There will be an upgrade to the primary specs and an upgraded variant.  To keep things simpler the flavor text having the variants have different names has been dropped.  This will also help keep compatibility with @flart's Community Parts Titles easier.
  • Engine Upgrades will have a NEEDS set in MM that is based on the subfolder of the part (ie. Squad/Parts/Engine/ionEngine).  This will help prevent the upgrades breaking if users remove some parts of mods by culling specific folders (ie. BDB or Tantares).  However, this won't prevent issues with upgrades if users use PermaPrune in Janitor's Closet or just delete models and/or texture files within a folder.
  • Solar panel upgrades will now be present irrespective of Near Future solar.  Each panel will have four variants: Basic, Advanced, Concentrating, Experimental.  Other than experimental, they take the names of Near Future Solar for compatibility reasons.  However, I am dropping the "per-tier" upgrades and having each type  unlock as you progress along the tech tree similar to the battery upgrades.  However, the solar panels will be spread out a bit further along the tech tree now.
  • Descriptions for parts will now indicate the English names of the node in which the part unlocks as well as the Tier number.  Kept it to English to try as I have been trying to cut down the number of patches that need to be run.
  • Part Upgrades in the Tech Tree are now shaded green thanks to a plugin by @FreeThinker
  • Later tech tree nodes have been added to correspond to KSP Interstellar to help provide a more consistent experience
  • The tree has shifted to the left for better spacing and now .  @Cruesoe had identified and fixed a bug in which opening the tech tree did not center around the start.
  • @Clamp-o-Tron and @TheJewelOfJool are putting together a list of contracts to support the tree.
  • The tech tree has nodes that represent the tier.  @ev0 has been working on an update for Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes which should make it pretty seamless to work perfectly with the tree.
  • Base science unlock costs through Tier 12 will be about 20% higher than the Community Tech Tree, but by default now the costs will adjust to the number of science-heavy mods present.  Some branches like Nuclear Propulsion will have higher base costs relative to other nodes in the same tier to simulate the challenges to research.
  • Unkerballed science will have the max science available reduced as originally intended as the default setting.

While I am waiting on ReStock/ReStock+ to update for 1.11 and to see if 1.11.1 fixes some of the critical bugs that popped up in 1.11 (Bug #26898: Extraneous part mass - Kerbal Space Program - Squad Bugtracker), I will be working on a small supplementary parts pack that will help the early career playthrough for those who have a lightly modded game.  You can see what parts I will be working on here: New Parts · Issue #76 · hemeac/kiwiTechTree (github.com).  If you have any suggestions on what may be a good addition let me know.  This will be bundled alongside KTT.

I am super impressed with the hard work and dedication of you and your supporters. This is what I’ve always wanted from KSP. I guess good things come to those who wait (over 7years of playing) Thank you for your tedious time-consuming work. The KSP community is very appreciative. 

@hemeac I'm not sure how difficult this would be, but making a standalone cold gas RCS config separate from rational resources would be interesting. Perhaps the patch could even be adapted into a "Stockalike Monopropellants" in the vein of Stockalike Hypergols. (I've now decided to go into a bit more detail):P

Thrust is based off of what the stock large 4-way blocks stats might be. Figures are based off of numbers I got from wikipedia:D

Resource SLISP VACISP THRUST Notes
Nitrogen 65 80 .5 Dirt cheap, entry level, pressurized
Peroxide 120 160 .8-1 Mid tier RCS fuel- average thrust and ISP, decomposed by a heated catalyst
Hydrazine 160 230 1.25 Best MP. Good ISP and thrust. Not as good as Bipropellants. similar to stock MP

Cost scales.

Aerozine/Nitroxide would obviously be the top tier. Just a thought about a way to deepen the  tree a bit.

1 hour ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

@hemeac I'm not sure how difficult this would be, but making a standalone cold gas RCS config separate from rational resources would be interesting. Perhaps the patch could even be adapted into a "Stockalike Monopropellants" in the vein of Stockalike Hypergols. (I've now decided to go into a bit more detail):P

Thrust is based off of what the stock large 4-way blocks stats might be. Figures are based off of numbers I got from wikipedia:D

Resource SLISP VACISP THRUST Notes
Nitrogen 65 80 .5 Dirt cheap, entry level, pressurized
Peroxide 120 160 .8-1 Mid tier RCS fuel- average thrust and ISP, decomposed by a heated catalyst
Hydrazine 160 230 1.25 Best MP. Good ISP and thrust. Not as good as Bipropellants. similar to stock MP

Cost scales.

Aerozine/Nitroxide would obviously be the top tier. Just a thought about a way to deepen the  tree a bit.

Oh, hey, I was doing H2O2 RCS switches, along with Aerozine and Nitroxide! Stockalike Hypergols 0.3 is just about ready, with peroxide as a new propellant, with the only problems being some fuel switching issues. I’ll finish up the RCS switching I had planned for 0.4 early, just for you. :) 

p.s. every time I work on this, I do it for 2 days, then forget about it. I’ll try not to this time.

p.p.s. I say that every time

6 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Oh, hey, I was doing H2O2 RCS switches, along with Aerozine and Nitroxide! Stockalike Hypergols 0.3 is just about ready, with peroxide as a new propellant, with the only problems being some fuel switching issues. I’ll finish up the RCS switching I had planned for 0.4 early, just for you. :) 

p.s. every time I work on this, I do it for 2 days, then forget about it. I’ll try not to this time.

p.p.s. I say that every time

Why thank you! I’m glad to see that my ideas aren’t bad! That should add some interesting depth to the RCS upgrades :D   !!!

@Murdabenne, I definitely like what I've read about WOLF so far.  I'm not sure how likely that I will be able to playtest it, so if you come across any YouTube series that is using it in a career, feel free to link to it here or message me on Discord so I can take a look at how some of the game mechanics work in practice.  That way I have a better sense on how I should be placing parts or how to support the game mechanics.  I also agree that sounding rockets will definitely be getting a config for the early career given that I've extended the early tiers.  The other mods for RoverDude are on my always growing list of mods.  

@dylsh, Appreciate it!  This mod is good for me to satiate my "problem solving" itch such as how can I get Excel to write more of the patches for me :-)

@Spaceman.Spiff really like the idea of having a simplified cold-gas RCS and agree that would fit easily into the core KTT experience.  @Clamp-o-Tron, I may borrow some of that work on the RCS if that's ok with you.

Lastly, I've made some progress on one of the starter engines.  It will takes major inspiration from the XLR11 (hopefully that is obvious).  Not sure yet if all of the piping in the back will make it in the final pass, depends on how long it will take to get it textured.   Not sure how the stock plume system will work with the small nozzles, but will check to see how Plume Party works with it and am planning on doing a config for Waterfall.

JPitURS.png

Edited by hemeac

Are you considering supporting other life support mods? I made a config for USI Life Support. I haven't advanced enough to want to try Kerbalism yet, haha.

Spoiler

// Patch for USI Life Support PARTs in Kiwi Tech Tree

@PART[Fert_Tank_375|LS_Tank_375]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport]:BEFORE[zzzKiwiTechTree]
{
	@TechRequired = advLogistics
}

@PART[USILS_ViewingCupola]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport]:BEFORE[zzzKiwiTechTree]
{
	@TechRequired = commandModulesExtensions
}

@PART[Fert_Tank_125|FertilizerMiniPack|MulchMiniPack|LS_Tank_125]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport]:BEFORE[zzzKiwiTechTree]
{
	@TechRequired = earlyLogistics
}

@PART[USILS_LgRecycler]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport]:BEFORE[zzzKiwiTechTree]
{
	@TechRequired = hydroponics
}

@PART[Fert_Tank_250|LS_Tank_250]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport]:BEFORE[zzzKiwiTechTree]
{
	@TechRequired = logistics
}

@PART[USILS_Greenhouse_Cupola|USILS_Greenhouse_Inline|USILS_Greenhouse_MiniCupola]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport]:BEFORE[zzzKiwiTechTree]
{
	@TechRequired = longTermHabitation
}

@PART[USILS_Recycler]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport]:BEFORE[zzzKiwiTechTree]
{
	@TechRequired = recycling
}

@PART[USILS_SmCupola]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport]:BEFORE[zzzKiwiTechTree]
{
	@TechRequired = simpleCommandModulesExtensions
}

@PART[LifeSupportMiniPack]:NEEDS[CommunityTechTree,UmbraSpaceIndustries/LifeSupport]:BEFORE[zzzKiwiTechTree]
{
	@TechRequired = storageTech
}

@Clamp-o-Tron I don't know a whole lot about programming, but looking at some part configs and the MM wiki, would it be possible to save time by "Blanket applying" a module to parts by the author? I'm just thinking that a lot of RCS blocks are in RS+, NFLV, and NFS, and they all have the same author (Nertea). 

Again, I don't really program, so I have no idea if that would work, or help at all. Just trying to come up with ideas to help you guys out :)

27 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

@Clamp-o-Tron I don't know a whole lot about programming, but looking at some part configs and the MM wiki, would it be possible to save time by "Blanket applying" a module to parts by the author? I'm just thinking that a lot of RCS blocks are in RS+, NFLV, and NFS, and they all have the same author (Nertea). 

Again, I don't really program, so I have no idea if that would work, or help at all. Just trying to come up with ideas to help you guys out :)

@Spaceman.Spiff, my intended approach will try and create two patches in a similar vein to that of Nertea's Cryotanks patch which are based on modules as opposed to particular authors.  In general, there are generally not too many exceptions to the rules of how RCS works in game (for those cases, can tag them and give them custom patches if needed).  One that will create a B9 Switch for any parts with a ModuleRCSFX and uses MonoPropellant as a propellant (some mods use Intake Air or Liquid Fuel).  In that patch, will have ISPs that will be configurable via my overall config file and based on Clamp's mod values and thrusts that are based on the part's base value.  Another patch will add a B9 Part Switch for any part that has MonoPropellant as a fuel switch to add the variants which I believe Clamp has  already worked on for his mod.

On 1/5/2021 at 1:54 AM, hemeac said:

@Murdabenne, I definitely like what I've read about WOLF so far.  I'm not sure how likely that I will be able to playtest it, so if you come across any YouTube series that is using it in a career, feel free to link to it here or message me on Discord so I can take a look at how some of the game mechanics work in practice.  That way I have a better sense on how I should be placing parts or how to support the game mechanics.  I also agree that sounding rockets will definitely be getting a config for the early career given that I've extended the early tiers.  The other mods for RoverDude are on my always growing list of mods.  

Here is the WIP tutorial and guide.  He goes through the parts and gives an example of how to use them.  Its incomplete as of yet but should be completed fairly soon.  The only major missing bit is the Transport Credits parts and mechanism. But whats on there now should give you an idea of how the initial parts work as well as "the feel" for the system, which basically takes plavce of MKS-OKS when you want to scale up to a large interplanetary or star-system-wide industrial/logistics set up.  link below.  Plus I Roverdude uses CTT, so that he has entries for all this in CTT, so all you might need to do is tweak the CTT entries to fit KTT, saving you a lot of work.  For now, Most of the WOLF tech is simply dumped out at the end of the tech tree, and there is some ongoing debate about what should go where and which branch.  If you get all that sussed out, Im sure RD will take the PR, maybe collab in tweaking it?  I'm going to see if I can fins a "lets play" or video tutorial, or even the legendary @Kottabos doing a video on the overhaul (jumped from 1.8 to 1.11!) of MKS-OKS  but with an emphasis on  the addition of the much anticipated (by MKS fans) WOLF end-game system and parts.

USI MKS WOLF - Tutorial and Guide

In any event, I will be so happy to have a tech tree where sounding rockets make sense and I can finally use that USI-Sounding Rockets addon without getting the weird sense of "this doesn't belong" sometimes.

Edited by Murdabenne
tpyo ummm tpoys TYPOS :-)

Hi, this is my 1st time trying Kiwi. KSP 1.10.1, JNSQ, FAR, plus many part and user interface mods.

Module Manager displays a warning about 11 errors during startup, but is able to launch the game.

[LOG 00:28:04.507] ModuleManager: 22207 patches applied, found <color=orange>11 errors</color>
11 errors related to GameData/KiwiTechTree/Configurations/Core/Upgrades/FuelTankUpgrades/standardXenonGas.cfg

I pasted what might be a relevant part of KSP.log in the spoiler. My full player.log is https://drive.google.com/file/d/10mQaiunsW1kOoYx5tLQYqmR7vQWP05Xi/view?usp=sharing

UPDATE: uninstalling FAR and B9 Procedural Wings seems to have cleared the errors. I'm confused because those mods don't do much with Xenon.

Spoiler

[LOG 00:28:04.507] ModuleManager: 22207 patches applied, found <color=orange>11 errors</color>
11 errors related to GameData/KiwiTechTree/Configurations/Core/Upgrades/FuelTankUpgrades/standardXenonGas.cfg

[LOG 00:27:56.624] Applying update KiwiTechTree/Configurations/Core/Upgrades/FuelTankUpgrades/standardMonoPropellant/@PART[*]:HAS[#fuelTankUpgradeType[standardMonoPropellant],@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant],~fuelTankUpgrade[off]]:AFTER[zzKiwiTechTree] to NearFutureSpacecraft/Parts/FuelTank/monoprop-tank/monoprop-tank-375-3.cfg/PART[monoprop-tank-375-3]
[LOG 00:27:56.664] Applying update KiwiTechTree/Configurations/Core/Upgrades/FuelTankUpgrades/standardXenonGas/@PART[xenon-*|xenonTank*|KKAOSS_Xenon_Tank]:HAS[#category[FuelTank],~fuelTankUpgrade[off]]:AFTER[zzKiwiTechTree] to NearFuturePropulsion/Parts/Xenon/xenon-125/xenon-125-1.cfg/PART[xenon-125-1]
[ERR 00:27:56.665] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key liqCost = #$RESOURCE[XenonGas]/maxAmount$
[LOG 00:27:56.665] Applying update KiwiTechTree/Configurations/Core/Upgrades/FuelTankUpgrades/standardXenonGas/@PART[xenon-*|xenonTank*|KKAOSS_Xenon_Tank]:HAS[#category[FuelTank],~fuelTankUpgrade[off]]:AFTER[zzKiwiTechTree] to NearFuturePropulsion/Parts/Xenon/xenon-125/xenon-125-2.cfg/PART[xenon-125-2]
[ERR 00:27:56.666] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key liqCost = #$RESOURCE[XenonGas]/maxAmount$
[LOG 00:27:56.666] Applying update KiwiTechTree/Configurations/Core/Upgrades/FuelTankUpgrades/standardXenonGas/@PART[xenon-*|xenonTank*|KKAOSS_Xenon_Tank]:HAS[#category[FuelTank],~fuelTankUpgrade[off]]:AFTER[zzKiwiTechTree] to NearFuturePropulsion/Parts/Xenon/xenon-125/xenon-125-3.cfg/PART[xenon-125-3]
[ERR 00:27:56.667] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key liqCost = #$RESOURCE[XenonGas]/maxAmount$
[LOG 00:27:56.667] Applying update KiwiTechTree/Configurations/Core/Upgrades/FuelTankUpgrades/standardXenonGas/@PART[xenon-*|xenonTank*|KKAOSS_Xenon_Tank]:HAS[#category[FuelTank],~fuelTankUpgrade[off]]:AFTER[zzKiwiTechTree] to NearFuturePropulsion/Parts/Xenon/xenon-25/xenon-25-1.cfg/PART[xenon-25-1]
[ERR 00:27:56.667] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key liqCost = #$RESOURCE[XenonGas]/maxAmount$
[LOG 00:27:56.668] Applying update KiwiTechTree/Configurations/Core/Upgrades/FuelTankUpgrades/standardXenonGas/@PART[xenon-*|xenonTank*|KKAOSS_Xenon_Tank]:HAS[#category[FuelTank],~fuelTankUpgrade[off]]:AFTER[zzKiwiTechTree] to NearFuturePropulsion/Parts/Xenon/xenon-25/xenon-25-2.cfg/PART[xenon-25-2]
[ERR 00:27:56.668] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key liqCost = #$RESOURCE[XenonGas]/maxAmount$
[LOG 00:27:56.668] Applying update KiwiTechTree/Configurations/Core/Upgrades/FuelTankUpgrades/standardXenonGas/@PART[xenon-*|xenonTank*|KKAOSS_Xenon_Tank]:HAS[#category[FuelTank],~fuelTankUpgrade[off]]:AFTER[zzKiwiTechTree] to NearFuturePropulsion/Parts/Xenon/xenon-25/xenon-25-3.cfg/PART[xenon-25-3]
[ERR 00:27:56.669] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key liqCost = #$RESOURCE[XenonGas]/maxAmount$
[LOG 00:27:56.669] Applying update KiwiTechTree/Configurations/Core/Upgrades/FuelTankUpgrades/standardXenonGas/@PART[xenon-*|xenonTank*|KKAOSS_Xenon_Tank]:HAS[#category[FuelTank],~fuelTankUpgrade[off]]:AFTER[zzKiwiTechTree] to NearFuturePropulsion/Parts/Xenon/xenon-radial/xenon-radial-125-1.cfg/PART[xenon-radial-125-1]
[ERR 00:27:56.670] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key liqCost = #$RESOURCE[XenonGas]/maxAmount$
[LOG 00:27:56.671] Applying update KiwiTechTree/Configurations/Core/Upgrades/FuelTankUpgrades/standardXenonGas/@PART[xenon-*|xenonTank*|KKAOSS_Xenon_Tank]:HAS[#category[FuelTank],~fuelTankUpgrade[off]]:AFTER[zzKiwiTechTree] to PlanetaryBaseInc/ContainerSystem/tank_xenon.cfg/PART[KKAOSS_Xenon_Tank]
[ERR 00:27:56.671] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key liqCost = #$RESOURCE[XenonGas]/maxAmount$
[LOG 00:27:56.674] Applying update KiwiTechTree/Configurations/Core/Upgrades/FuelTankUpgrades/standardXenonGas/@PART[xenon-*|xenonTank*|KKAOSS_Xenon_Tank]:HAS[#category[FuelTank],~fuelTankUpgrade[off]]:AFTER[zzKiwiTechTree] to Squad/Parts/FuelTank/xenonTank/xenonTank.cfg/PART[xenonTank]
[ERR 00:27:56.675] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key liqCost = #$RESOURCE[XenonGas]/maxAmount$
[LOG 00:27:56.676] Applying update KiwiTechTree/Configurations/Core/Upgrades/FuelTankUpgrades/standardXenonGas/@PART[xenon-*|xenonTank*|KKAOSS_Xenon_Tank]:HAS[#category[FuelTank],~fuelTankUpgrade[off]]:AFTER[zzKiwiTechTree] to Squad/Parts/FuelTank/xenonTankLarge/xenonTankLarge.cfg/PART[xenonTankLarge]
[ERR 00:27:56.676] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key liqCost = #$RESOURCE[XenonGas]/maxAmount$
[LOG 00:27:56.676] Applying update KiwiTechTree/Configurations/Core/Upgrades/FuelTankUpgrades/standardXenonGas/@PART[xenon-*|xenonTank*|KKAOSS_Xenon_Tank]:HAS[#category[FuelTank],~fuelTankUpgrade[off]]:AFTER[zzKiwiTechTree] to Squad/Parts/FuelTank/xenonTankRadial/xenonTankRadial.cfg/PART[xenonTankRadial]
[ERR 00:27:56.677] Error - Cannot parse variable search when editing key liqCost = #$RESOURCE[XenonGas]/maxAmount$
[LOG 00:27:56.712] Applying update KiwiTechTree/Configurations/Mods/AirplanePlus/Upgrade/@PART[f5jet]:NEEDS[AirplanePlus]:HAS[~engineUpgrade[off]]:AFTER[zzKiwiTechTree] to AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Modern/f5jet/part.cfg/PART[f5jet]
[LOG 00:27:56.716] Applying update KiwiTechTree/Configurations/Mods/AirplanePlus/Upgrade/@PART[cf34]:NEEDS[AirplanePlus]:HAS[~engineUpgrade[off]]:AFTER[zzKiwiTechTree] to AirplanePlus/Parts/Engine/Modern/CF34/part.cfg/PART[cf34]

Edited by DeadJohn

@DeadJohn, I am not sure why those would have stopped the error from occurring, that does seem strange.  I feel that is only suppressing a conflict between Configurable Containers and KTT.  My general feeling is that fuel switcher mods and KTT fuel tank upgrades are not likely to play nicely together.  That isn't a high priority for me at the moment as that can be a bit time consuming to tailor make a patch for each of the different fuel switch mods.  I would recommend for now to disable the fuel tank upgrades in my mod using the patch below.  I think that my approach for the next update will be to auto-disable particular upgrades in the presence of known conflicts if I do not have good workarounds to minimize running into issues.  If you are still running into issues after adding this patch to a cfg file, let me know and can take a deeper look into the issue.

@KIWI_GENERAL_SETTINGS:FIRST
{
	@UPGRADES
	{
		@FUELTANK = off
	}
}

8 hours ago, hemeac said:

I am not sure why those would have stopped the error from occurring, that does seem strange.  I feel that is only suppressing a conflict between Configurable Containers and KTT.  My general feeling is that fuel switcher mods and KTT fuel tank upgrades are not likely to play nicely together.  That isn't a high priority for me at the moment as that can be a bit time consuming to tailor make a patch for each of the different fuel switch mods.  I would recommend for now to disable the fuel tank upgrades in my mod using the patch below.  I think that my approach for the next update will be to auto-disable particular upgrades in the presence of known conflicts if I do not have good workarounds to minimize running into issues.  If you are still running into issues after adding this patch to a cfg file, let me know and can take a deeper look into the issue.

Thanks for the prompt reply. My attempted mod set is overambitious and I'll need to scale back. I appreciate your work with Kiwi; planes and probes before crew is an enjoyable way to play KSP.

I have finished the modelling for the XLR11, but before texturing anything as complicated as that, I wanted  to try something a bit simpler to focus on getting a repeatable workflow.  Finished texturing a 0.3125m SRB, which I am dubbing the Louse to keep it's name aligned with the Flea and Mite.  Should be able to get it into KSP this weekend and will create a Github repository for the parts to keep them separate from the base tech tree folder.

2umuvGR.png

Thank you @hemeac for making this. I thought it was weird that all the other techtree mods started with probes and no planes, and I like the Kerbalism compatablity.

I do have some suggestions for mods to look into maybe making configs for. Heisenbergs Airships would be good as there are really no airship mods outside of it and airships would make for good Eve/Jool bases. The electric fans and the gyro ring would need extra tweaking as they use atmosphere which would act weird with Kerbalism.

Mission Controller 3 is good for extra contracts, I use it to help sponsor missions, and it adds a few science parts.

Civillian Population helps make bases feel more like colonies, and I feel like it would help fill out the later parts of the "Life Support" tech nodes.

And OSE Workshop Reworked lets you build new parts on site adding to a base's more self sufficient.

I know thats a few more mods to do configs for but I just wanted you to see it and maybe put them on your "I'll do these later.. maybe" list.

This is quite neat, would love to see USI LS version mentioned. Also I assume that any mod not listed will at worse show up in it's "default" node? Lastly, there was mention that certain near future optional patchs might not work dose that include the Decay RTG and/or the cryo- Near Future Aero? Or do I just need to watch out for the ones listed as incompatible via CKAN.

Again Truly a masterpiece of a mod. This is almost as important to my mod building "foundation" as picking the life support. To the point where I seriously considered starting all over and using Kerbalisum once I figured out that this was built off of that... still might :P

@InfamousAsHell, thanks for the suggestion.  I've compiled a list of mods that I would like to make configs for once the 2.0 release hits, first priority is to update those that I had already supported thus far (& BDB).  Here's the link, but feel free to comment in the forums or on Github if you know of anything else: 2.5 Mod Support · Issue #18 · hemeac/kiwiTechTree (github.com)

@Kwebib, I forgot that JNSQ added non stock planets, so I've added that on to my to do list.

@WLLP, off the top of my head, Decay RTG is supported and some RTGs that do not have configs with that are supported.  I'm not at my desktop at the moment, so not 100% positive on all the extras, but I think my CKAN config should be a good guide on what was not compatible.  Some of that is due to the fact that I built in some of the extras into the mod.  Things are always subject to change, but I think I will be pretty motivated to try out the new MKS with USI a bit after going finishing up BDB if you are hesitant to try Kerbalism.  Guess there's always scope for two save games though :-)   

@hemeac JNSQ also changes "flyingThreshold" and "spaceThreshold" on all the bodies. You may want to do something like this at the top of your config.

Spoiler

Item:NEEDS[Squad,!GPP,!JNSQ]
{
	bodyName = Kerbin
	adjustedParams
	{
		landedData = 0.8
		splashedData = 0.8
		flyingLowData = 0.8
		flyingHighData = 1
		spaceLowData = 1.5
		spaceHighData = 1.5
		recoveredData = 1
		flyingThreshold = 18000
		spaceThreshold = 250000
	}
}

And then add the JNSQ configs further down:

Spoiler

Item:NEEDS[Squad,!GPP,JNSQ]
{
	bodyName = Kerbin
	adjustedParams
	{
		landedData = 0.8
		splashedData = 0.8
		flyingLowData = 0.8
		flyingHighData = 1
		spaceLowData = 1.5
		spaceHighData = 1.5
		recoveredData = 1
		flyingThreshold = 21000
		spaceThreshold = 800000
	}
}

I just realized that I need over 130,000 science points to unlock every node in this science tree with all the mods I have installed. I have no idea how that compares to stock or other trees, but it seems like a lot, and makes me fear that I've turned down my science gain a bit too much.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.