KSP Loading... Preview: Vall revamp

St4rdust

44 minutes ago, St4rdust said:

Revamps are not done yet! Vall is getting a visual overhaul in the upcoming 1.11 update. Check it out!

You know they done a good job if that's the way you remember it.

11 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

Looks good, however that mipmapping going on while zooming in is extremely noticeable.

It's pretty cool. Looks like a fractal.

1 hour ago, MechBFP said:

Looks good, however that mipmapping going on while zooming in is extremely noticeable.

The other revamped bodies have this issue also but the channels/lines in the surface texture for this body make it more noticeable. its not as bad when you're actually playing during ascent/descent but zooming in/out like this really brings it to the fore.

2 hours ago, St4rdust said:

Revamps are not done yet! Vall is getting a visual overhaul in the upcoming 1.11 update. Check it out!

Yes one of the 3 most needed revamps is done :). Thanks for prioritizing Vall!

Now continue on the momentum and get Tylo and Eeloo and this will be the best update.

Otherwise than that. Vall looks extremely awesome it might be my new favorite destination after this.

Amazing imo, i like how you guys used a combo of normals and speculars to give Vall a true "ice" feel which is really good given that thats sorta what i always imagined vall to be.  You now need to do a good eeloo skin and the 2 ice planets will actually look like ice planets and not some half baked attempt at it.  Not to talk crap about the old planets (this game was afterall made by a handful of devs back in the day), but these revamps really bring new life to a game that honestly just doesnt cut it visually without extensive modding.  I can easily add clouds/atmos/particles, but changing planets to make them not crap wasnt really all that viable and even kopernicus packs didnt quite look all that great up close (probably the one truly amazing thing planet packs added are the kopernicus rings which is probably one more super minor feature that would look really neat if it was implemented around jool).

4 hours ago, coyotesfrontier said:

I really wish KSP had sound effects for things touching, so I could hear the ice crack as the Kerbal walked across it.

there is no sound in space

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.